This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate your favorite book.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

When you tell me that On the Road is the novel that changed your life, it takes everything I have to keep from kicking you in the nuts.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I have that book on my list because of people like you and those you wish to rupture! It has to be a good book to create such an uproar!! Hehe...I have no nuts!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

No Nuts? You'll wish you had them as a feeble protection once I launch my mighty mach 10 lightning kick in the direction of your nether regions!!

"It has to be a good book to create such an uproar"

Wow! I had no idea that your literary criteria were so exacting Amy! I guess following your logic that Mein Kampf kicks ass & American Psycho must be a literary classic!

message 4: by Bryan (new)

Bryan It's not a book, but I hate the movie "Juno". This is what people think is a great comedy?

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob (founddrama) @Steve: I'm right there with you w/r/t/ "On the Road". Freakin' Kerouac and all those beatniks.

Also: if one more person tells me that Faulkner is a genius of American literature, I will be forced to commit some serious assault and battery. The Sound and the Fury is (simply put) not good.

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Okay, I re-phrase... it has to be worth reading to cause that kind of uproar. I reserve my opinion until I have done so, as I am not taking YOUR word for it's lack of merrit!

And, just because I don't have balls doesn't mean I couldn't take your sorry ass! :)

kisses!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate the fact that you refuse to immediately cave in to what are my obviously superior literary opinions!

Sure, you could totally take my sorry ass, but apparently since your big threat is taking it to vegetarian Chinese food I'm going to try to keep my trembling to a minimum, ancient one.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) This is so much more fun than the "Books I Loathed" group.

I hate The Great Gatsby and The Catcher in the Rye. I hate boys who think they are Holden Caulfield incarnate.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I hate the fact that I didn't see message 9 until now...ancient one my ass! You know you are older than me you shrivelled, festering, oh forget it... when do you want vegetarian chinese? I have been craving it ever since last Friday!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Road (other topics)