Addicted to YA discussion

Stand Alone > Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 121 comments I love this book!

message 3: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (ferreiraju) Unlike any book I have ever read! Very original, I loved it!

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria It was an amazing book. It was funny, it had original ideas, deep thoughts and wonderful characters. It was a book that just couldn't be let out of hand. At the end, the whole book seemed like a big musical, with it's grand finale.

message 5: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (isabellabellab) I liked it, but I didn't like it as much as the other John Green books. I wasn't too fond of the ending I guess, a bit cliché. Also I found it weird that the school allowed Tiny to have a musical about him. But still a pretty cute story that I definitely liked.

message 6: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 1 comments I liked how two different people with the same name stories were interconnected. I thought it was a pretty good book but I like other John Green books better.

message 7: by SAM (new)

SAM | 63 comments I didn't like the format of the book but I really liked the story. It was original and very interesting with the dual Will Grayson's.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 4 comments I loved this book and I loved the difference between the two Will Grayson's. I also really enjoyed how John Green and David Levithan matched their writing styles to fit the characters; for example David's 'Will Grayson' always spoke with lowercase letters to show that that was how he viewed himself.
I also was expecting that the two guys would have a lot more face-to-face interaction but really they only met twice in the book. And I really liked that because it separated them as two different people, even with the same name, they were on their own journey.

message 9: by Betty Jo (new)

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 42 comments I loved it. I thought I would since I love both authors. They did a great job with this collaboration.

message 10: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia (cinthiah) I really liked this one. It was fun to see their different writing styles. I loved Tiny.

message 11: by Jami (new)

Jami | 5 comments I loved how very real the characters felt; like I knew these people from back in my high school days (way back when), the dialogue, the angst, the confusion, the emotion and all those crazy questions we ask ourselves when we are young. Who am I, where do I fit in, how do I tell who my real friends are, what is this crazy thing called love, etc? An awkwardly wonderful time in our lives!! Great Book.

message 12: by LR (new)

LR (lrg367) | 12 comments I didn't like it as much as the other John Green books, but it isn't a bad book.

message 13: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (mamachelle07) | 110 comments This has been my fave John Green novel to date. That doesn't say much though; I haven't really enjoyed any of his books. Anyone else picture Tiny as that guy from Mean Girls?

message 14: by SAM (new)

SAM | 63 comments ^^Yes! I didn't realize it til you said it but he is exactly who I pictured!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Witty and random and utterly awesome, as always. Love John Green and I think I'll be looking into some other stuff by David Levithan now.