Addicted to YA discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
Series > Angelfall

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

Theodora | 81 comments Loved it! One of my favorites

Karen  (karenskiiiee_) | 6 comments I love this book as well. One of the best dystopian novels I've read. :)

Tracey I was surprised with how good this book was. I've actually been kind of annoyed with all of the angel books coming out, but this one was really different, especially with the situation she's in with her mom. It made her really independent and fun to root for.

Isabella (bellavinter) | 68 comments I'm not very far in, but I like it :)

Theodora | 81 comments I'm sure you'll love it.And you'll never see the end coming! I've already read it twice. I like the fact that angels are the bad guys for once.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments This was my favorite read last summer!!! XD
I loved it to bits and can't wait til the next book! (I've already pre-ordered it!)

message 8: by Adrienne (new) - added it

Adrienne Patton (adriennestewartpatton) I'm excited about reading this book. I've been wanting to for a while. Angels as bad guys. Interesting. Can't wait!

message 9: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Marie | 8 comments from reading the comments seems like a book I would love to read. I looked it up and there is allot of books with this tutle. can someone please tell me who the author is.?

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments The author is Susan Ee!

message 11: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela Marie | 8 comments Thank you

message 12: by Lien (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lien Hudson  (libraryofmarie) loved it! I would love to read the second book :)

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 42 comments I liked it and will probably read the next in the series when it comes out. I do like the different take on angels. The mother was different too. Not the best dystopian ever but I enjoyed it.

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 30 comments Loved this book! One of my best reads! Cant wait for book 2 :)

message 15: by SAM (new) - rated it 5 stars

SAM | 63 comments I really enjoyed this book. Fairly typical YA-boy/girl-like-each-other-even-they-shouldn't but had some unique elements. The crazy mother, the not so angelic angels, the sister that doesn't quite get saved. Overall I liked it.

Angel | 39 comments I loved this book because of it's complete awesomeness. Susan Ee managed to take something, angels, that's been written about again and again and turn into something completely mind blowing and her own.

Karen | 11 comments It's a different take on angels-mortal novels. I hope the sequel doesn't disappoint.

Amanda (awsumpumpkin) I loved Angelfall! The characters were amazing and the plot line was just aaaaah. The only bad thing is that it should've been longer (because I can't wait 'til november and I need more ok)

Laurinda | 4 comments I enjoyed this book, which was a fast-paced read. But I'm not sure I'd read the next one. I didn't like the introduction of monsters and other people-eating threats. The angels were doing just fine as the baddies!

Steph (stephanielynn9) I loved this book. This is the first book about Angels (aside from TMI) that I've read and was really pleased! Can't wait for the next in the series!

Elizabeth (lizzilz) Finished this book a couple of days ago, and.. wow!

Absolutely loved it! The characters, the angels, the plot, the dialogue, it was fantastic. It quickly shot up into one of my favourite books I've read lately. Seriously looking forward to reading the next one!

Sarah ❤ (sarahlovesyah) | 3 comments This book absolutely blew me away. It is one of my all time favorites! I hope everyone loves it just as much as I do!!

Rachelle (mamachelle07) | 110 comments I'll be the odd one out here and say I didn't care for it to much. I actually really enjoyed the beginning of the book, and had high expectations for it. but the last but just got too weird for my taste. The ending totally ruined it for me.

Laurinda | 4 comments Rachelle wrote: "I'll be the odd one out here and say I didn't care for it to much. I actually really enjoyed the beginning of the book, and had high expectations for it. but the last but just got too weird for my ..."

Glad to see I'm not the only oddball, Rachelle. I felt the same about the back half of the book - see my post of Sep 19. Laurinda

message 25: by Sabrina (last edited Sep 28, 2013 11:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sabrina I didn't have high expectation on this book when I saw its cover. sometimes cover of a book influences our choices. But this book is surprisingly fantastic!! I love it so much and also recommended to my friends!! I get more and more excited reading it, some books just have the incentives to promote you finish it. It is a mix of romantic, horror and fiction. I just love it.Angelfall

message 26: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy | 67 comments I absolutely loved this book and Raffryn's witty conversations. And Penryn. And Raffe.
Angelfall is one of my favourite books (I'm tempted to say it's my favourite) and I seriously can't wait for World After

message 27: by Anna (last edited Feb 08, 2014 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 300 comments I bought it as I was on offer, but have been blown away by it. Totally exceeded my expectations. Characterisation was excellent and the narrative kept surprising me. May be worth mentioning that it is more post apocalyptic thriller than romance though.

Megan (megandurrence) | 13 comments I love this series with a passion! I'm glad to see so many other fans!!

Daniel (pickyreader1) I don't know if I should read this one. I'm on the fence.

Harlee I bought this book because of the decent price on Amazon and I've seen so much hype about it. I didn't know what to expect and I'm surprised by how much I liked it! I plan on getting the next book soon :)

Lindsay | 105 comments Just finished this book last night. I loved it! I've already ordered the second book and I can't wait to start reading that. I absolutely love Penryn. She is by far my favorite main character in a dystopian novel so far. She is so easy to relate to and I love that she was able to keep a sense of humor despite the circumstances. I can't wait to see where this series goes.

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments I loved this so much!
A book with instant chemistry between the two main characters?! Yes please, gimme!
Penryn is an amazing main character. She's brave, not afraid to fight for the people she cares about and loves to see things in a sarcastic way. I love her, she won me over in less than 50 pages.
I can't talk about Raffe yet, too much happened in the last 30 pages. I'm still recovering. I do know that I love him and he will probably become one of my favorite male characters ever.

message 33: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan (moorebooksplease) | 60 comments Daniel wrote: "I don't know if I should read this one. I'm on the fence."

me too. i don't usually get into the whole angels thing. i LOVED Laini Taylor whole series, but it was SO far from the fallen angles thing that I didn't mind and her writing style was gorgeous.

convince me to read this peeps, 'cause I am desperate for a new YA series that doesn't disappoint.

message 34: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet | 2 comments Raffe and Penryn's relationship in a nutshell https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfpW0p...

message 35: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan (moorebooksplease) | 60 comments Scarlet wrote: "Raffe and Penryn's relationship in a nutshell https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfpW0p..."

lol

message 36: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam Meghan wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I don't know if I should read this one. I'm on the fence."

me too. i don't usually get into the whole angels thing. i LOVED Laini Taylor whole series, but it was SO ..."

I also loved Laini Taylor's angel series (one of my faves) but I HATED Angelfall. Have you read the Blood of Eden series? It's also one of my favorites.

Nicky (sweeetserendipity) | 1 comments I'm all about Angels and hot guys so I might be a bit bias but the reason why Angelfall is awesome, is because Penryn is all about saving her family then ending up saving the world instead. AND MIND YOU, not a lot of romance in between. She's focused on her goals and that's hard to find in books nowadays. So yeah. I only downloaded it first, then it was so addictive I bought the paperback. It's THAT awesome. For me anyways. So try too read it :)

message 38: by Rells (new) - added it

Rells (gingerwolfie) I read this as a joke at first, but then i realized it was actually really good! and it wasn't like the whole supernatural-mysterious-guy-in-school-who-the-girl-is-in-love-with type thing, it was a kickbutt-type-girl and corny-hot-angel!!!

Shristhi (thebookgodess) I liked this book a lot too!...

message 40: by L.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.C. Perry | 700 comments One of my favorite series!!! I read all three books in like three days <3

message 41: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet | 2 comments Scarlet wrote: "Raffe and Penryn's relationship in a nutshell https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfpW0p..." lol

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angelfall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laini Taylor (other topics)