What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. horror teen book, two teens pick up a Hitchhiker[s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments I think the book was made in the 90s, its not R.L. Stine's The Hitchhiker. I cant remember the name of it. It was a young adult/teen fiction novel. Ive tried seaching the titles "The Hitchhiker" and "The Stranger" with no luck.
On the cover it has an average white male skin kind of tan, his hair was brown and wavy, he had black sunglasses on, a white tshirt and blue jeans. In the background theres a road and a desert, he had his thumb sticking out of course hitchhiking. In the book two girls are driving and see the hitchhiker, one girl suggest that they pick him up thinking hes cute then other girl is hesitant. Eventually they pick him up, he says hes going out west but as the book goes on the girls realize he has other plans. I remember in a part of the book one girl fights him close to the edge of a cliff. Thats all I can remember. Anyone know the title?

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Liyana, do you think maybe you are mixing up the book cover with a different story?

The story sounds awfully familiar. However, I can only think of the R.L. Stine book. Do you remember if if was by one of the popular 80s/90s YA horror authors, like Christopher Pike?

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, | 258 comments I think I may have read this book. It sounds like a Christopher Pike book I read. I'll check for the book I'm talking about.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Knox | 4 comments This reminds me of a book I read in the 90s... perhaps a Point Horror book, called something like Route no. 62

message 5: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments Christopher Pike was the first thing I thought of too, although I can't find any books by him that seem to match fully. He does have multiple books involving hitchhiking, though:
Road to Nowhere
Whisper of Death
Sati

message 6: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments Also, for what it's worth, here are a bunch of Point Horror books: http://www.goodreads.com/series/52323...

message 7: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Liralen wrote: "Also, for what it's worth, here are a bunch of Point Horror books: http://www.goodreads.com/series/52323..."

Liralen, that link had me walking down memory lane! I read/owned so many of those books

message 8: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 709 comments I know, me too! I ran across that list a few days ago and was surprised to see how many of them I read way back when.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Miss, are you still looking for this book?

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Miss, are you still looking for this book?"

Yes. I still have not found the book. Ive looked here, Ive looked on Barnes and Noble website and Ive looked on Amazon.com with no luck.

message 11: by Miss.Always.Reading.Books (last edited Dec 18, 2015 10:23AM) (new)

Miss.Always.Reading.Books (missilovereadingbooks) | 51 comments Solved
Someone found the book!!!
Thank you Brandi!
"The book you posted about that you were looking for the title was Deadly Stranger, by M.C. Sumner- two girls sneak off to go skiing on spring break instead of going to the beach. They pick up a hitchhiker and after dropping him off at a gas station (the next morning) one of the girls realizes she left her purse at the pump. When they go back they become witnesses to their "dreamy" hitchhiker murdering the store clerk. That starts their nightmare which culminates in the big fight scene on the edge of a cliff. Hope that helps!!"

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Here's the link - Deadly Stranger by Mark Sumner.