ACIM - Reading, Discussing, Forgiving discussion

A Course in Miracles
This topic is about A Course in Miracles
Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fay (new)

Fay Ratta (fayster) | 4 comments Mod
Welcome to the Group! I hope we can all help each other 'stay the Course', so to speak. You are encouraged to share books you've read and other resources that have helped you on your journey.

I've made the bookshelf 'open' so feel free to add books. Start discussions. And let's have fun! One of the things I heard recently on a Gary Renard podcast is that following The Course does not mean we have to be serious and give up having fun in life. I think learning sinks in and lasts longer when accompanied by a bit of laughter (read Mary Roach's science books as an example...but I digress).

To sum up, using the closing from the aforementioned podcasts: No matter what the question, forgiveness is the answer.

message 2: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie | 6 comments Fay, love what you have done here. Looking forward to having the serious and fun discussions. You are right, sometimes following any path, spiritual or otherwise, can be a bit of a grit your teeth experience. When I'm confronted with a particularly hard problem, the basics can get forgotten and I'm sure if I just lightened up a bit things would go easier. It's a really good point and worthy of ongoing discussion about having fun in the process.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Treya hi, not precisely a book on the Course, but anything/everthing by David Hawkins--a great champion of the Course--has been invaluable to me, especially his final book and especially its preface!
Matthew Letting Go The Pathway To Surrender by David R. Hawkins

Suzann (suzannkale) Hi everyone. I'm so grateful to be here. I live in rural New Hampshire and the nearest face-to-face group is light years away. Thanks for starting this!!!!

Matthew, I look forward to checking out David Hawkins.

I've been reading "Absence from Felicity" by Kenneth Wapnick, the bio of Helen Schucman.

Namaste,
Suzann

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Treya Suzann et al, I trust you'll like it. Just double checked; it is the Intro rather than the Preface, that I'm referring to. Sorry, Anyway, to me, this is the classic "desert island" book. Matthew