Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > August 2013

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Post your favorite books read in August below

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Crank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Burned (Burned, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour were all 5 stars.

Other than that, August was not a very good reading month for me.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It was not a good month for me either, but I have high hope that September is going to be a great one :)

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Me too! Now that summer is over I won't have as much time to read, though. But I hope the books I do read I really enjoy!

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Unteachable by Leah Raeder Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1) by Brenda K. Davies Middle Ground (Awaken, #2) by Katie Kacvinsky Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1) by Stacey Kade

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout [boo..."

Wow! I'm glad you had a great reading month! Maybe I will pick a few books you really enjoyed and read them!

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan [bookc..."

You are not allowed to read Unteachable or Awakened, lol! But you'll enjoy any of the others... The Rangers Apprentice, i loved it, everyone else hated it. But it is appropriate for a middle grade boy, which i have, so i kind of read it from that POV. The writing and the story are excellent! We all just Devoured Rules...

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments @J: I hope so too. My work will eat up my reading time too.
@Becky: Good for you! I have read some of the books you listed :)

My favorite books August are
Seven Minutes in Heaven (The Lying Game, #6) by Sara Shepard One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown Karma Bites by Nyrae Dawn Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13) by Sara Shepard The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1) by Stacey Kade

message 9: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare [bookcover:The Ruins of Go..."

LOL. I was planning on reading Rules, Shatter Me, and Sweet Evil.

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "@J: I hope so too. My work will eat up my reading time too.
@Becky: Good for you! I have read some of the books you listed :)

My favorite books August are
[bookcover:Seven Minutes in Heaven|158179..."

I really want to read Rules, Reboot, and Battle Royale!

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare [b..."

Great Choices Jacqueline. WE have a BR of Reboot scheduled for this month!

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments These 3 are so good! Keep Battle Royale for Octorber. It is a perfect book to read on Halloween night :) Reboot is one of my most favorites this year.

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yes! I am so excited! I HAVE to put my hold on soon!

message 14: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7495 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Well I had a better August than the 2 of you for sure. Here's my Favorites for last month...

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare [bookcover:The Ruins of Go..."

I also loved the Ranger's Apprentice. I want to read book two, just not sure when I will find the time to do so.

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments @Mandiann, I'll read it with you. My library has the whole series, let me know when you have a free moment.. I can probably get the book with 1 days notice, so just PM me if you find yourself with a lull (lol, i know!).

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "These 3 are so good! Keep Battle Royale for Octorber. It is a perfect book to read on Halloween night :) Reboot is one of my most favorites this year."

Okay! Reboot I have a buddy read for this month! And then I will save Battle Royal for October! Thanks for the suggestion!

message 17: by Gisbelle (last edited Sep 01, 2013 08:43AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You're welcome. I'm pretty sure you're going to love Reboot. I'll be reading some more dystopia this month :) this genre kinda grows on me. Besides, I hope to read some contemporary too.

message 18: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7495 comments @Becky, Wow! There is actually a hold list for book two at my library, 11 people! I will get on it as soon as I can and let you know when I am next on the list for it.

message 19: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "You're welcome. I'm pretty sure you're going to love Reboot. I'll be reading some more dystopia this month :) this genre kinda grows on me. Besides, I hope to read some contemporary too."

Yeah! I have actually been on a contemporary kick but if I can find some really good dystopias I would be happy!

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Mandiann wrote: "@Becky, Wow! There is actually a hold list for book two at my library, 11 people! I will get on it as soon as I can and let you know when I am next on the list for it."

Sounds perfect. Just let me know when you get down to person 2 and I'll put it on hold at my library!

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I got a few ya contemporary and JV from library yesterday :)

message 22: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I got a few ya contemporary and JV from library yesterday :)"

Which ones? I just got The Distance Between Us by Kasie West and The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith yesterday!

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I have the first one, but not the other one.

message 24: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Oh cool! I am hoping to finish a few books and then start it!

message 25: by Jay (new)

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jay wrote: "Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas"

Sweet! I'm going to read book 1 this month :D

message 27: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Not many 5-star books for August: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West and Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "I got a few ya contemporary and JV from library yesterday :)"

Which ones? I just got The Distance Between Us by Kasie West and The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith yesterday!"

I love The Distance Between Us! <3 And I was gifted The Fury, so we can buddy read that if you want. (: