Fashion Book Lovers! discussion

Cloaked in Malice (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #5)
This topic is about Cloaked in Malice
Past Fashion Fiction Group Reads > Cloaked in Malice (A Vintage Magic Mystery #5) by Annette Blair

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie  (jaymers8413) | 524 comments Mod
This is for the discussion of Cloaked in Malice (A Vintage Magic Mystery #5) by Annette Blair.

Who is going read this book or has already done so? I'm excited to finish up the series and am waiting for this to come in at my library.

message 3: by Phair (new)

Phair (sphair) | 78 comments I'm ashamed to say I have yet to read any beyond the first. I really plan to one day since I loved #1 - probably when I retire! I have been faithfully buying the series for the library and we just got the latest Tulle Death Do Us Part. Tulle Death Do Us Part (Vintage Magic Mystery #6) by Annette Blair .

Phair wrote: "I'm ashamed to say I have yet to read any beyond the first. I really plan to one day since I loved #1 - probably when I retire! I have been faithfully buying the series for the library and we jus..."

Oh there is a 6th one isn't there! I didn't think five sounded right.

I finally got the book and should start soon :) Who else is going to read this?

message 6: by Jamie (last edited Oct 16, 2013 04:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am excited to start reading this! Has any one read, currently reading or plan on reading this book? I really don't want the series to end with the next book! I plan on finishing by the 25th (I made a book reading schedule :)

I am over half way through and am really enjoying the plot. Some of the things people say are still corny or not what I see the characters saying but I am still really enjoying the book!

I finished and really enjoyed it. Once I stopped critiquing some of the characters words and let things go it got better (the clowns helped). I will mention a few things that bothered me. Paisley was too knowledgeable of the real world and Mad became overly worried, tired and sick from her visions. As the series goes on I feel she should become a stronger character. I also don't like her with Nick. I really thought the spark she and Weiner had would grow. Maybe the next book? I also feel like some of the things said didn't match up to what was said before. I can't give exact explanations but I questioned a few things. I did really like the plot of the story. It was a little far fetched but very entertaining. I enjoyed the larger scale mystery and all the details. Over all for a fashion inspired fiction book (I can't compare them to a classic book) I gave it four stars :)