Into the Forest discussion

Books, Books, Books > Discounted Ebooks for Kindle (Sept 2013)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 2125 comments Mod
Chris, shouldn't we link to the Goodreads versions for discounted books rather than the direct Amazon link? That way the site gets a bit of commission for the sale.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Considering that Ammy owns the site? If you still feel it is needed, I'll do it next time I'm on my computer.

message 4: by Melanti (new)

I guess it is sort of like a company taking money out of one pocket and putting it into another, but I'm assuming the accounting is kept separate for each site.

If nothing else, using a Goodreads links means we can read the reviews here instead of on Amazon. I'm not a fan of Amazon reviews. Too many spoilers and fanboys/fangirls over there.

(I'm specifically talking about discounted books, though. Not the freebies. With those the Amazon link is a better way to go.)

Disenchanted by Robert Kroese
Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
Gods, Demigods and Demons: An Encyclopedia of Greek Mythology by Bernard Evslin
Charmed I'm Sure by Elliott James
Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls by Elliott James

Here's a couple more I spotted from the monthly deals page (though they're not strictly fairy-tale related...) :
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier (In case someone still needs it for the group read)
The Tiger Rising by Kate DiCamillo (Same author as The Tale of Despereaux which we read as a group read last year and everyone seemed to like)

message 5: by Christine (new)

Thanks Melanti!

message 6: by Melanti (new)

One of today's US daily deals is Nalo Hopkinson's latest book. I haven't read it yet, but she's often influenced by Caribbean folklore.

Sister Mine

message 7: by Christine (new)

Thanks Melanti!

message 8: by Melanti (new)

Today's US Daily deal --
All 3 of the King Raven trilogy by Lawhead for $2 each -- just in case anyone wants to finish the trilogy we started in the last group read.

Hood
Scarlet
Tuck

message 9: by Christine (new)

Thanks Melanti

message 10: by Melanti (new)

Another fairy tale related US daily deal --
Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson

From the looks of it, it seems like it's going to reference 1,001 Arabian Nights and maybe some other middle-eastern mythology/folklore.

Haven't read it myself, but several internet friends really liked it and I know it was nominated for half a dozen awards -- though it hasn't won anything so far.

message 11: by Serena (new)

Serena | 19 comments Hiya, just a heads up that 'The Song of Achilles' by Madeline Miller is available for Kindle @ $1.99 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Song-Achilles-E...