Fantasy Romance discussion

Stop by and Say 'Hello!' > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Munt (wordwhisperer) | 597 comments Mod
Hey can't have a discussion group without finding out a bit about each other!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Abs. I'm training to be a nurse and will probably have to farewell my reading time when I succeed. Recently divorced-using Tristan as a book husband.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Howdy! I'm Rebecca and I have always been fascinated by mermaid tales, and occasionally I like to make my kids laugh (and freak out their dad) by combing my hair and singing like the Little Mermaid, only without talent and in a creepy way.

message 4: by Jen (last edited Nov 08, 2013 05:30PM) (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "Howdy! I'm Rebecca and I have always been fascinated by mermaid tales, and occasionally I like to make my kids laugh (and freak out their dad) by combing my hair and singing like the Little Mermaid..."

Hi Rebecca, It's funny, I never gave mermaids a second thought until I came across this series. I hadn't even seen the little mermaid! I know right, who hasn't seen the lil mermaid but now they seem to be a big part of my life. My 3yo is even dancing in her end of year Jazz concert to "under the sea". complete coinceidence! perhaps we were all merfolk in a past life :) Just got my daughters costume this week. it is just adorable and she really is Ariel with the red hair and all. I could see if they could make one in your size Rebecca :)

message 5: by S.K. (new)

Hi Rebecca!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments LOL, Jen!! That's awesome. =D

I only this year started reading mermaid fiction! I was remembering a book by Piers Anthony that I read when I was a kid, about a boy riding his bike under the sea and he met a mermaid. That always stuck with me! Recently I picked up a few mermaid books and was HOOKED! I only just heard about S.K.'s books when I signed up here, so you can bet I am going to devour those. =D

Thank you for all of the hellos!!

message 7: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Rebecca wrote: "LOL, Jen!! That's awesome. =D

I only this year started reading mermaid fiction! I was remembering a book by Piers Anthony that I read when I was a kid, about a boy riding his bike under the sea an..."

Hello Rebecca. I've still got a copy of "Mer-Cycle" upstairs.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Hi everyone! I am Cheryl and this was my first experience with mermaids but after reading the Fairytale Saga it won't be my last! I fell into these stories like a fish to water!

message 9: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Hello & Welcome, Cheryl!

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Howard wrote: "Hello & Welcome, Cheryl!"

Thank you very much!

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Hi Cheryl, Nice to have you in our waters.

message 12: by S.K. (new)

Hi Cheryl! She's one of my R2R readers from Lovers Of Paranormal and may have broken a speed-reading record of some kind by annihilating the whole trilogy in a few days, lol.

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Cheryl all newbies need to follow the link below. Warning though, if you select Lincoln you will be send to a thread alone with Howard. If you select Tristan, you'll need boxing gloves and if you select Ardhi you will be sent to the pits of hell ;)

Lincoln

Tristan

Arhdi

message 14: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 234 comments Hey! I represent that!!

message 15: by S.K. (new)

Represent or resent?

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Ha ha both I think (to Howard)

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Cheryl?? Whoops I think I scared her away

message 18: by Cheryl (last edited Dec 01, 2013 11:10PM) (new)

Cheryl Duval I don't see the link but I am definately a Tristan gal all the way. I would swim with him any day!!

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Emm wrote: "Hi Cheryl!"

Hi Emm!

message 20: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Jen wrote: "Hi Cheryl, Nice to have you in our waters."

Thanks Jen!

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval S.K. wrote: "Hi Cheryl! She's one of my R2R readers from Lovers Of Paranormal and may have broken a speed-reading record of some kind by annihilating the whole trilogy in a few days, lol."

Your fault S.K. I could not put the books down. After the first book I actually BOUGHT the other two immediately and I do not buy books!! Loved them all!

message 22: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Jen wrote: "Cheryl all newbies need to follow the link below. Warning though, if you select Lincoln you will be send to a thread alone with Howard. If you select Tristan, you'll need boxing gloves and if you s..."

Don't see the link but Tristan is mine :)

message 23: by S.K. (new)

Ha ha!

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Cheryl wrote: "Jen wrote: "Cheryl all newbies need to follow the link below. Warning though, if you select Lincoln you will be send to a thread alone with Howard. If you select Tristan, you'll need boxing gloves ..."

There is no link.. Sorry I'm not that clever :)

message 25: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval Jen wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "Jen wrote: "Cheryl all newbies need to follow the link below. Warning though, if you select Lincoln you will be send to a thread alone with Howard. If you select Tristan, you'll need..."

Actually it was pretty clever now that I think about it, LOL

message 26: by Dawn (new)

Dawn It looks like there hasn't been many newbies lately, but I wanted to say hi! I'm Kristin. I've read like one other mermaid book before the fairytail saga, and am interested in more. But I only want to read ones that are close to as good!! ;)

message 27: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Hey Kristen, Welcome! There are some members on here who can recommend you good mermaid tales ;) Emm, Howard, Tracey show yourselves lol

message 28: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Herbert | 2 comments Hi everyone!

I love mermaids because I see them as archetypes of feminine strength and beauty.

message 29: by S.K. (new)

Hey Debbie! That is exactly how I've always felt :)

message 30: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Hey Debbie. :)

message 31: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Hiya Debbie! Care to share some of your favourite Mermaid reads?

message 32: by L.J (Lisa Jane) (last edited Jul 13, 2014 08:55AM) (new)

L.J (Lisa Jane) (ljsecretaddiction) Hi guys - my name is Lisa Jane (LJ) and I have been stalking SK for a while. I am not a mermaid person or a paranormal person but I am an SK person and I love her writing style and her books. I loved her mermaid series more than I ever dreamed possible and since then have become Tristan's....ok Tristan is mine...I added him to my BBF collection ;)
I am about to start her new one and really looking forward to where it takes me.
I have a blog and Twitter and B and occasionally go on pinterest...all the links can be found on my blog if you want to follow or just have a peek.
http://ljsecretaddiction.blogspot.ca

I look forward to posting but don't get on GR much so if I disappear for a while just poke me :)
*cheers*

message 33: by Jen (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Hey LJ, I am about to start Palpitations! Good to have you on board but you should be aware that I asked Tristan to marry me and he has said yes so best back off ok :)

message 34: by S.K. (new)

Hey Lisa!
I need to write a character to rival Tristan, I think!

message 35: by Jen (last edited Jul 13, 2014 05:06PM) (new)

Jen | 403 comments Mod
Well, you know I am already intrigued by hot hoody guy's backside so who knows I might be doing the unthinkable and two timing Tristan soon enough

message 36: by S.K. (new)

Ahhhhh can't wait for Hoody Guy feedback

message 37: by L.J (Lisa Jane) (new)

L.J (Lisa Jane) (ljsecretaddiction) psssst SK.....I recall Tristan having a bigger and better identical twin brother? You could write him just for me :)))))) we won't tell the others

message 38: by S.K. (new)

Ha ha ha ha ha

message 39: by Michelle R (new)

Michelle R (mzexpression) | 2 comments Hello! I'm Michelle and I love romance and fantasy. I've just discovered there is a genre (other than paranormal) that incorporates the two lol So glad to have found this group ;-)

message 40: by Kristy (last edited Jul 02, 2015 03:27PM) (new)

Kristy Nicolle (kristynicolle) | 3 comments Hi i'm kristy nicolle :) i'm from England and i love fantasy romance :) especially if it's about mermaids :)

message 41: by DL (new)

DL (dlgardner) | 1 comments Kristy wrote: "Hi i'm kristy nicolle :) i'm from England and i love fantasy romance :) especially if it's about mermaids :)"

Kristy, you might like Pouraka then. It's free this weekend. Here is the UK link http://www.amazon.com/Pouraka-Dianne-...

message 42: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Nicolle (kristynicolle) | 3 comments Thanks Dianne :) I'll check it out! I too am writing a mermaid trilogy- which will be coming out later this year x you can follow the book by searching The Tidal Kiss trilogy on both goodreads and Facebook ;)

message 43: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Nicolle (kristynicolle) | 3 comments Thanks Dianne :) I'll check it out! I too am writing a mermaid trilogy- which will be coming out later this year x you can follow the book by searching The Tidal Kiss trilogy on both goodreads and Facebook ;)

message 44: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Im gabbi new to goodreads new to this group hope to get to know you all

message 45: by S.K. (new)

Hi Gabby and Dianne and Michelle. We've been slack in here lately as you can see- problem when too many members are writers!

message 46: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments I totally understand. we all have lives it can be difficult at times but I look forward to getting to know you all and reading with you!

message 47: by S.K. (new)

I have so many books on my TBR right now, it's ridick. But I have downloaded Undertow (Undertow #1) by Michael Buckley if anyone feels like joining me in a buddy mermaid-esque read.

message 48: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Kristy! I'm totally with you mermaids are my favorite I dream I could be one. my favorite stories are mermaids stories

message 49: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Same here i have way to many behind the 2 im reading. I'll look at the summary and see I'm pretty sure it's definitely a good read

message 50: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 35 comments Kristy I'll be happy to follow I love a good mermaid tale they are hard to find so many trilogies out there it's hard to get through them

« previous 1