UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > RIP David Frost

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I've just read that David Frost has died. He was doing a speech on the QE2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainme...

I remember him as being one of the great interviewers and we used to all join in when he said "Hello, Good evening, and welcome".

It is making me giggle as I type it.

A sad loss.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments By gum, the Grim Reaper's been busy. We've also lost Elmore Leonard earlier in Aug, then Seamus Heaney's just gone.
I'm getting a bit worried now cos I keep getting a pop-up ad for funeral planning when I venture into GR

message 3: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments A sad loss indeed. RIP!

message 4: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Came as a shock, too. I hadn't heard rumours of ill health

message 5: by Andy (last edited Sep 01, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

Andy Elliott | 1524 comments He is often overlooked with regard to his contribution to British television, comedy and satire. By brother in law is convinced that his death is somehow related to ITV's update of Through The Keyhole (hosted by Keith Lemon, no less) as he too felt that a small piece of him died after watching it.

message 6: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Great minds think alike Andy, OH and I said the same thing when we heard the news!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Heard yesterday that David Jacobs has died at 87, due to ill health.

There seem to be a lot of well known people dying recently. Although David Frost didn't seem to be that old really and it was a heart attack apparently.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments It must have been some major heart attack for him not to have survived it on a cruise ship.

A friend told me that medical staff on cruise ships are the most practiced and capable of dealing with heart problems of anywhere in the medical profession due to the demographic.

You should also remember that Frost gave Graham Chapman, John Cleese and the Two Ronnies their earliest opportunities.

message 9: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I feel sorry for his wife,she was supposed to be on the cruise with him and then at the last minute said for him to go on his own,a decision she'll regret for the rest of her life.

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Dropping like flies at the minute

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9081 comments John Bellany a few days ago too...

message 12: by Mo (new)

Mo (mobroon) | 797 comments The old yins are dropping like flies this week. I have a Bellany painting but should I be happy that the price will rise, slightly, or sad that a good artist has died. Seamus Heaney was an incredible poet and wrote some inspiring stuff and Frost, a witty brilliant broadcaster. David Jacobs...Juke Box Jury it seems a lifetime ago.