Something Nice - 10 Stories
This topic is about Something Nice - 10 Stories
Archived - Book Spotlights > Something Nice - 10 Stories

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
Something Nice - 10 Stories by Andrew K. Lawston

10 short stories by Andrew K Lawston. A blend of science-fiction, philosophy and the supernatural. Whatever else these stories achieve, they all made his Mum ask the same question. "Why don't you write something nice?"

Throwing Up With the Joneses tells you just why the bravest thing you can ever do is jump over your neighbour's fence. The Hero Function takes four thrilling climactic scenes and shows why the hero should have just died. And meanwhile Evian stalks a post-apocalyptic Earth, seeking the last remnants of humanity, or a decent career path.

Inspired by, among others, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Albert Camus, Jean-Luc Godard, Paul Magrs, the writers of Doctor Who, and the League of Gentlemen, Andrew Lawston presents these stories together for the first time.

Something Nice - 10 Stories by Andrew K. Lawston

message 2: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 22 comments Thanks! I'm really chuffed that my book is featured this month and look forward to reading any and all feedback from fellow writers and readers alike!

message 3: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 22 comments Some people have had a few people clicking through from the book's Goodreads page, so if you'd like to check out my work, here it is on Amazon.com:

and Amazon.co.uk:

message 4: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 22 comments Alas, my time as a featured book here is drawing to a close. But I should probably mention that a short story of mine will be appearing in the fourth volume of Grimm & Grimmer, in late October / early November.