YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

On the Jellicoe Road
This topic is about On the Jellicoe Road
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- Restarting July 6th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Cant wait to read this! Have heard great things.
Will be reading with Clary and DeAnna!

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments I've read this! The first few chapters were a little confusing, but after that I really got into it. Very poignant/great writing!

Clary | 27 comments Great, I'm looking forward to it!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments It's got raving reviews and ratings, so I have hope!

message 5: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) I'm having a hard time getting into my current read, so I may start this a little late, but I'm going to try my best!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments DeAnna (Mommy's Reading Break) wrote: "I'm having a hard time getting into my current read, so I may start this a little late, but I'm going to try my best!"

No worries :)

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments I should be finished my current book in about an hour, so I'll start On the Jellicoe Road then!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Ugh. So much for starting in an hour! Finally finished with the other book though, so starting this now!!

Clary | 27 comments I started it today. I love the writing but I am really confused by the story... Hope that clears up soon. It is an intruiging read, though

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Very slow start for me, as I got called into work! Damn.

Yes I got confused by the story as well! I think I get it now though. What % are you up to?

message 11: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) I finally finished my book, so I'll be starting this tomorrow!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments 47% Loving it so far!

Clary | 27 comments Good question; chapter 17 however far that is :) I'm still slightly confused but loving the book as well^^

message 14: by Imy♥♥ (last edited Sep 06, 2013 03:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments That's about halfway I would say :) As I'm chapter 16.

message 15: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) Ugh, you guys are both at about the halfway point, and I haven't even started yet!

Clary | 27 comments Just finished it. I couldn't put it down; it was so so good!

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Clary wrote: "Just finished it. I couldn't put it down; it was so so good!"

the ending and everything to do with (view spoiler) totally got my tearing up.

Clary | 27 comments Greta wrote: "the ending and everything to do with [spoilers removed] totally got my tearing up."

I know what you mean - I totally cried the last few chapters :) Loved (view spoiler)

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Love this book! Literally drained myself staying awake last night! Up to chapter 25!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Finished! What an amazing story.

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Clary wrote: "Greta wrote: "the ending and everything to do with [spoilers removed] totally got my tearing up."

I know what you mean - I totally cried the last few chapters :) Loved [spoilers removed]"

i know! it was like NONE of them could really move on after (view spoiler) in a way it destroyed all their lives.

message 22: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) Ugh, I'm only at 3%!

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments DeAnna (Mommy's Reading Break) wrote: "Ugh, I'm only at 3%!"

Where are you up to now? You enjoying it?

message 24: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) I haven't gotten a chance to read again, but since you two are already finished, I think I'm going to put it on hold. After seeing The Mortal Instruments, I want to continue that series.

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Ok cool, no worries :)

Tessa | 1951 comments Me and Irene will read this starting 25 July. Can a Mod please update this? :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84142 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting July 25th 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments I hpe this book will be good! :D

Tessa | 1951 comments Irene wrote: "I hpe this book will be good! :D"

It's one of my favorites. :) I'm actually re-reading this one ^^.

Tessa | 1951 comments So, have you started this book Irene? I'm actually enjoying it more the second time, because it's less confusing. :P

Chapter 7
(view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments I have! Only two chapters in though. Am confused xD So many characters!

Tessa | 1951 comments Irene wrote: "I have! Only two chapters in though. Am confused xD So many characters!"

I know, it is confusing. That's why a second read is more enjoyable. Since now I know who is who ^^.

But I'm sure you'll love it :D .

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Thanks! That really helped clear things.
I liked that line as well!
Jessa (is that her name?) seems like a complex character! I really like the narrator as well (yeah, I'm not good with names xD)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Please tell me it gets better? I'm kind of bored. Am 9 chapters in. :-)

Tessa | 1951 comments Irene wrote: "Thanks! That really helped clear things.
I liked that line as well!
Jessa (is that her name?) seems like a complex character! I really like the narrator as well (yeah, I'm not good with names xD)"

No, no, her name is Tyler. She and Johnas are the main characters, in a way. Jessa is one of the girls in her dorm. She's going to have an important role later on.

The first time I read it I also almost dropped it. It really has a lot of characters and sometimes it's boring. I didn't understand the connection between the kids's story and the story Tyler was reading about the 5 friends.

Trust me, it gets better and better and the ending was just perfect :) .

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments But Taylor is the main character? Jessa, the character in the background. I like her. She seems complex. The rest of the characters, I don't really care about. 12 chapters in :-D

message 37: by Tessa (last edited Jul 26, 2014 02:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments Yes, Taylor is the main character. I think you're talking about Rafaela, Taylor's best friend. Jessa hasn't appeared so much yet. Raffaela is the one who has something with Chaz Santangelo, the leader of the townies. And after ch 14 this is going to get onto the more romance parts :P .

I like them all, but maybe because I've read the entire book and I know all of them are super cute XD.

I'm at chapter 15 right now (in the re-read department :) ).

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Sorry, no, I mean Jessa. :-) I'm about to start ch 16 so it'd seem we're reading at the same pace.

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Okay, so I finished the book and I gotta say (view spoiler)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Oh, but (view spoiler)

Tessa | 1951 comments Really? You didn't like the characters? I love them! A little less Tylor, because she was being difficult, but she did had a harsh life, in a way. Could have been worse.
Oh, I found more than one funny line. One of my favorites was when she described how Ben was answering with "Me" to any type of question or statement XD.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84142 comments Mod
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting October 11th 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Are we still reading this today?

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments yes :))) but I think I will start maybe a few hours later.

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Sounds great how far would you like to read today? I was hoping to start and finish it.

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Heather wrote: "Sounds great how far would you like to read today? I was hoping to start and finish it."

i honestly don't know, I'm still doing something but I think my minimum reads for today is 3 chapters at least

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Sounds great!

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments After reading the first three chapters (view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Heather wrote: "Sounds great!"

at what part are you right now? If you feel like stopping. . .DON'T OKAY?!?! IT GET'S BETTER

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments ENDING: (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3