UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past Group Book Discussions > A Cool Head - Ian Rankin

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Sep 01, 2013 02:11AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments A Cool Head

A quick Read by Ian Rankin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cool-Head-Qui...

"My dad used to say to me, 'Try to keep a cool head and a warm heart'. At least I think it was my dad. I don't really remember him." Gravy worked in the graveyard - hence the name. He was having a normal day until his friend Benjy turned up in a car Gravy didn't recognise. Benjy had a bullet hole in his chest, but lived just long enough to ask Gravy to hide him and look after his gun. Gravy had looked after things for Benjy before, but never a gun. When Gravy looked in the car he found blood, a balaclava and a bag stuffed with money. Gravy's not too bright but he wants to help his friend. So Gravy finds himself caught up in the middle of a robbery gone wrong, a woman who witnessed a murder, and some very unpleasant men who will do anything to get back the money Benjy stole...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cool-Head-Qui...

message 2: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Love Ian Rankin so couldn't resist!

Hope it's got the group tag Simon!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments It has Sarah. Thankyou. Let us know what you think. I will be downloading it in a few minutes and reading it down the pub :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Doing quick reads is a spiffy idea Simon!

I may be able to join in the chat this month!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I'm on chapter 7. It is interesting. Not sure where it is going yet....

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments That was fun.....

It is a quick read so don't expect a novel but it had a few twists..

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9082 comments Read it too. Is good

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Which one next?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9082 comments The Perfect Murder. I'm sure we've all dreamt about it!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Yep. Just downloaded it.....

message 11: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Appreciate that this was a short read but still disappointed that it started at 7% and ended at 89%!
Neat little story!

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sinclair | 985 comments Ooh, Ian Rankin, my favourite. Is this new? How did I not know about it? Right, best get myself a copy.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've been reading this since Sunday night. Every time I pick it up, I fall asleep within ten minutes.

I'm about half way through and I couldn't tell you what it's even about.

:(

message 14: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Reading this now - enjoying it.

message 15: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Well, I was enjoying it. I found the ending unsatisfactory and the fact that it occurred at 87% of the book didn't make me like it any more!

message 16: by Adele (new)

Adele (adelemitch) Weirdly enough, I've read all the Rebus series but never this one, rectifying this right now

message 17: by Adele (new)

Adele (adelemitch) What a great little book, two characters I was rooting for, but great interplay entwined throughout the story. Now to re-read Peter James's A Perfect Murder