Everything YA discussion

Welcome to The Group! > Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Lawrence (lorettalawrence) | 16 comments Mod
It's a place to chat randomly about everything!

Has anyone watched the new City of Bones movie yet?

message 2: by Loretta (new)

You watched the movie before the books? Were you able to understand it?

message 3: by Loretta (new)

Trust me. You will love the book! It's amazing, a bit different from the movie but awesome nonetheless. I did watch the film, I was pleasantly surprised, so happy they didn't ruin it! LOVED Magnus Bane.

message 4: by Loretta (new)

I was glad he lost his pants mostly. I just wish he had cat eyes to complete his character!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) I thought it was a pretty good adaptation. I'm actually not a huge fan of the series - the trilogy was pretty good...but particularly the last book made me SO ANGRY. But no spoilers :)

I watched the movie....pretty much 95% because of Godfrey Gao. I mean holy @#%(@#!!!!! He's SO FREAKING GOOD LOOKING! I didn't think his acting was quite up to par, but he didn't have many scenes so hopefully I change my mind on that. But man, he is the embodiment of how I imagine Magnus Bane (who is definitely my favourite character?)

And am I alone in thinking movie Simon is way better than movie Jace? A. He's cuter, imho. HE'S SO CUTE. How could Clary not notice that?? B. They seem to use more instalove in the movie than in the books...which...is really weird.