Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2013 September - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Stop by and let us know what books you've just finished reading/currently reading or about to start.

And folks in US - any special plans/outings for Labor Day? Any special reading plans?

message 2: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments Hello! I just finished Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy (Travises Series). Love, love LK but I was a bit disappointed with this one since I read first the 3rd book in the series

[spoilers removed]

Maybe, I'll start Blue-Eyed Devil later tonight.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley I'll be starting soon!

Danielle (~Dani~) (danibear579) | 41 comments Hi all! Well, I unfortunately keep starting books and can't seem to finish them :( My currently reading shelf is @ 14! I've only seen one other person with one higher & that was @ 18 :o
That being said I just started "Losing It" about 10 minutes ago- wait shouldn't I be reading then??? Crap. Maybe I have book ADD ;)

message 5: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 260 comments I've finished up Undeniably Yours Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family #2) by Shannon Stacey by Shannon Stacey and Captivated Captivated (Silhouette Special Edition #768) by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts both were solid 3 star reads for me. Now moving on to Summer At Willow Lake Summer At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1) by Susan Wiggs by Susan Wiggs.

message 6: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle (angieelle) | 23 comments I have been neglecting my Stacking the Series challenge all year, but now I'm digging in with My Wicked Marquess (The Inferno Club, #1) by Gaelen Foley ! :)

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10936 comments Started Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden Trilogy, #1) by Shay Savage this morning. Looks intense. Also started Playing Games (Games, #2) by Jessica Clare for the Random List Challenge. Loved the first one in the series, really looking forward to this one. There's a reality show setting- right up my alley!

message 8: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Lisa Kay recommended Comanche Moon (Comanche, #1) by Catherine Anderson which I just finished. A bang-on recommendation as usual from her. I totally loved it. And it was more like epic western romance.

message 9: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments Fran, that Playing Games (Games, #2) by Jessica Clare cover looks remarkably like Easy by Tammara Webber except the couple in the first are laughing.

message 10: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10936 comments Vi wrote: "Fran, that Playing Games (Games, #2) by Jessica Clare cover looks remarkably like Easy by Tammara Webber except the couple in the first are laughing."

Good eyes Vi!

I think it's the same couple. The guy has the same tatoo on his wrist...same couple, slightly different pose.

message 11: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments It only took me a day to realize it :)

They both must have the same cover artist. The fonts look similar too.

message 12: by Valen (new)

Valen (vlnvldz) | 32 comments I'm currently reading Finding Mr. Flood by Ciara Geraghty. I feel bad for Dara but thankfully she has her bestfriends to take care of her. :)

message 13: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm now reading Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 14: by Amber (last edited Sep 02, 2013 09:07PM) (new)

Amber | 715 comments I'm about halfway through Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill . This is a new author for me, and so far I'm loving this book!

message 15: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (last edited Sep 03, 2013 04:09PM) (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm starting Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis - It's my 3rd PIFM - September

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary McFarland (marymcfarlandauthor) | 1 comments Vi wrote: "Stop by and let us know what books you've just finished reading/currently reading or about to start.

And folks in US - any special plans/outings for Labor Day? Any special reading plans?"

I just finished Gayle Wilson's
"Bogeyman" and "Victim." They're older novels (2006 and 2008, respectively), but they're well-written for romantic suspense lovers, with moderate heat that builds between our hero and heroine, and there's plenty of suspense. Both are enjoyable reads.

message 17: by Milly (new)

Milly (milly519) I just started Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson, #1) by Danielle Stewart

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Now I'm starting The Hunter (The Legend Chronicles, #1) by Theresa Meyers

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen (jennyjenjen2013) | 7 comments Hello... new to the group and am currently reading Pleasure's Edge (Edge #1) by Eden Bradley (writing as Eve Berlin)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hello i m rishi reading The Immortals of Meluha

message 21: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Welcome Jen and Rishi!

message 22: by Meritha (new)

Meritha | 1 comments Im reading Lisa kleypas....

message 23: by Caprese (new)

Caprese Edwards (sexiicaprese) | 8 comments I am currently reading the Bible and also I am reading Echoes by Danielle Steel.

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Done with The Hunter (The Legend Chronicles, #1) by Theresa Meyers and I think I may read this one next Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) by Sierra Dean

message 25: by Tristan (new)

Tristan Moseley | 1 comments Just got done reading Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn very good! Fixing to start the Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller !!

message 26: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm about half way through The Arrangement (The Survivors' Club #2) by Mary Balogh .

message 27: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19359 comments Fran wrote: "Vi wrote: "Fran, that Playing Games (Games, #2) by Jessica Clare cover looks remarkably like Easy by Tammara Webber except the couple in the first are laughing."

Good eyes Vi!

I think it's the same co..."

Hahaha - I thought they were part of the same series, hence the similar covers!

message 28: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be starting A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean tonight. It's my 4th PIFM for September

message 29: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3550 comments Finished Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1) by Lois Greiman Mrs. Pollifax Unveiled (Mrs. Pollifax, Book 14) by Dorothy Gilman Forced to Kill (Nathan McBride, #2) by Andrew Peterson The Crystal Cave (Arthurian Saga, #1) by Mary Stewart The Woman Who Swallowed a Toothbrush And Other Weird Medical Case Histories by Rob Myers Master of Darkness (Mageverse, #9) by Angela Knight When Is A Pig A Hog? A Guide To Confoundingly Related English Words by Bernice Randall

Currently reading Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3) by Zoe Archer and listening to Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

message 30: by Carolyn F. (new)

message 31: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (last edited Sep 08, 2013 07:09AM) (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm on a serious HR kick right now... I'll be starting For Desire Alone (Mistress Matchmaker, #2) by Jess Michaels real soon!

message 32: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm not a huge reader of HR, but I really enjoyed The Arrangement (The Survivors' Club #2) by Mary Balogh . I've got Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10) by Jayne Castle up next.

message 33: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm starting my 5th PIFM later tonight. No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Wrapped up Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) by Sierra Dean , LOVED it, can't wait to get the next one in this series.

Up next is Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell

message 35: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be starting Dreaming of You (Gamblers of Craven's, #2) by Lisa Kleypas later tonight

message 36: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Shanni71) | 1 comments getting ready to read the final book of the inside out series by Lisa Renee Jennings!!! Revealing us!!!!!

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 284 comments Just finished: Thoughtless by S.C Stephens

Currently reading: The Masquerade by Brenda Joyce

message 38: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (authorandrewman) | 1 comments Our Kind of Traitor by John le Carré
This Le Caré classic doesn't look romantic, but don't judge the book by its title?

message 39: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll start my 6th PIFM book Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning in the morning.

message 40: by Jan (new)

Jan Kinder | 1 comments Witch to choose by Ht Night its a paranormal romance Fantastic read

message 41: by Pin (last edited Sep 13, 2013 07:28AM) (new)

Pin  Chu | 1 comments hi! just finished Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) by Sarah MacLean

message 42: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm just wrapping up with Freefall by Tess Oliver ... it was a freebie and it's really, really good.

message 43: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I just started Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2) by Dana Marie Bell .

message 44: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm starting Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair right now.... Squeal... It's Master Z time.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) It's been a while since i've posted, I started a new job and really hadn't had time to read for a bit so I took a break from it. But I have recently gotten back into the thing i love most.

So I started off with Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Fantastic book, and now I am reading Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 46: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be starting this later today Her Perfect Match (Mistress Matchmaker, #3) by Jess Michaels

message 47: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Now I'm starting The Hidden Goddess (Veneficas Americana, #2) by M.K. Hobson

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Revealing Us!!

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments i finished Lover Avenged which i really enjoyed. i loved Rehv and Ehlena, but i wished there weren't as many side stories. now reading Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward . this one is starting out pretty good. still has the side stories and is really making me want to read Qhuinn and Blay's story.

message 50: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Just finished Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane and I loved it!

Now onto Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts

« previous 1 3