What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Farewell Horizontal
This topic is about Farewell Horizontal
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Sci-Fi, people live on outside of building,motorcycle that drives on outside of building, moon used as radio relay [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Matt (flyingbluemonkey) | 4 comments This book was about people who either lived on or regularly traversed on the outside of a massive building. They had motorcycles that could drive around on the building wall (via a hook system and extensible spokes that came out of the tires). They would use the Moon (as well as a small reflective satellite) to bounce communications around the building. They couldn't descend through a cloud layer. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember / find this book :(

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments When did you read this book? Was it targeted towards adults or young adults?

Do you remember anything about the main characters or book cover?

message 3: by Matt (last edited Sep 01, 2013 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt (flyingbluemonkey) | 4 comments Hi Tab,
It must have been 10 - 20 years ago? I have no idea what age group it was targeted at, it was science fiction. The main character was something of a loner, but was looking for / in contact with someone else (hence the moon bounce relay). I think the cover had a male crouching on the outside of a building wall being held in place by cables (possibly coming out of his knees. Actually pretty positive they were coming out of the knees of his suit. Now that I think about it, the characters could "walk" on the outside of the building with these suits that had the same extensible spokes and hooks like the motorcycles mentioned earlier)

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2102 comments Possibly "Peaches for Mad Molly" by Steven Gould - though this was a short story not a novel

Matt (flyingbluemonkey) | 4 comments Thanks,Andy, but that's not it :-(

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments This might be Farewell Horizontal by K.W. Jeter

Matt (flyingbluemonkey) | 4 comments YES!!!!! DM!! YES!!! Ok, I am a little over excited about this but YES!!!! :D Thank you!

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments No problem, glad to help. It's an awesome book.