What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Man cheats on wife with high school girl- she has to flee town

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eilidh (new)

Eilidh | 4 comments Hello,

My best friend read a book about a man (probably Danny) who has an affair with a high school girl (Bianca, Becky, Rebecca maybe) but then finds out his wife is pregnant so they leave town. The girl is also pregnant and leaves town because of the rumour mill. 10 years later she returns to the town because her father is dying and she finds out that the man's wife had a stillborn and he has come back to the town to look for the girl.

Apparently, according to my friend, it was copied as a twilight fan fiction called Secrets and Lies, with very few edits.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9016564/1...

She was reading it about a year or two ago and thinks it may have been called Redemption but any searches I've done for that title have come up empty.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Eilidh, do you know if the book was targeted to adults or young adults?

message 3: by Eilidh (new)

Eilidh | 4 comments I think it was adults.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments was the book self published or traditionally published? Did your friend read a hard/paperback copy or an ebook version?

message 5: by Eilidh (new)

Eilidh | 4 comments she was reading it at her local library so I'm guessing traditionally published and it was paper back

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Eilidh, are you still looking for this?

message 7: by Eilidh (new)

Eilidh | 4 comments Yes, I've tried to get more info from my friend but was unsuccessful

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 9: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2427 comments Redemption by Karen Kingsbury? A journalism professor cheats on his wife with a student. I know the wife gets pregnant but don't know about the student.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Redemption (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Kingsbury (other topics)