Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth → Start Date: September 10, 2013

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Please join Vicki, Trinity, Grace, Emily, Jade, and I as we read (or re-read) Divergent!

Grace (gracenherondale) | 27 comments Thanks for making the thread Mandiann!! I can't wait :))

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I may join in as a reread!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments We would love to have you Jacquelyn! I will be re-reading as well!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Can't wait to start tomorrow! I will need to do some sprints tonight to get through some of the books I am in the middle of!

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Sep 09, 2013 12:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Mandiann wrote: "Can't wait to start tomorrow! I will need to do some sprints tonight to get through some of the books I am in the middle of!"

Me too! And me too! LOL

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments lol! hopefully it is quiet at work and I can get some reading done...

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I have to finish a book and return some to the library and then will start this!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Well I am now remembering all of the reasons I love this book.

And I have found some very amusing quotes.

I started this morning and am on pg 251 of 487.

I want to pick up Free Four Tobias Tells the Story (Divergent, #1.5) by Veronica Roth and read Four's POV as I read Tris's POV of the same events but that would mean starting another book and I am already in the middle of 5.

I will leave you with some quotes.

(view spoiler)

I may have to reassess my rating of this book once I finish. It may be worthy of 5 stars.

message 10: by Mandiann (last edited Sep 10, 2013 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Well I couldn't stop myself and I read Free Four. Good thing it was much much shorter than I remembered. Very disappointed. I remembered it being much longer. It's okay though, I was playing Four's POV in my mind as I read each chapter of Divergent anyway. It's was almost as good as having a book from his POV.

Emily | 1596 comments I am having a hard time getting into this

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Emily wrote: "I am having a hard time getting into this"

What page are you on?

Emily | 1596 comments I am in the second chapter reading on my kindle so I don't know what page

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments It does get more exciting after the choosing ceremony. I think around chapter 6.

Emily | 1596 comments Mandiann wrote: "It does get more exciting after the choosing ceremony. I think around chapter 6."
I am on the choosing ceremony now

Michelle I feel like it is similar to the Hunger Games.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Michelle, yes, it does have similarities. I prefer the Hunger Games but think both are good books.

Emily - Are you past the choosing ceremony? Are you getting into it a bit more or still having a hard time?

Grace (gracenherondale) | 27 comments It took me quite a while to get into it, but once I did I couldn't stop reading :))

message 19: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Alright, will have to start this tomorrow!

message 20: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Jacquelyn wrote: "Alright, will have to start this tomorrow!"

Same here! I have all this work dumped on me at the last minute, and so I know I'll have to catch up on a lot of reading this weekend.

Emily | 1596 comments Mandiann wrote: "Michelle, yes, it does have similarities. I prefer the Hunger Games but think both are good books.

Emily - Are you past the choosing ceremony? Are you getting into it a bit more or still having ..."

I started to get into it but haven't gotten much further because my husbands grandma died we have been at the funeral home all day. So hopefully I can get into it this weekend

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments OMGoodness, I loved this book! Can't wait for the movie!

message 23: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Emily wrote: "Mandiann wrote: "Michelle, yes, it does have similarities. I prefer the Hunger Games but think both are good books.

Emily - Are you past the choosing ceremony? Are you getting into it a bit more..."

Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that! Please tell him I wish him the best. :-) It must be really hard. :-(

Emily | 1596 comments alright I am really behind on this one but I plan to finish it up this week (I plan to anyway)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I have halted my progress on this book as I had a few too many library books that were nearing their due dates. I will pick it up again soon!

message 26: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I don't think I will have the time to read this. I was also working on library books that had to go back. I will try to read it before our BR for Insurgent though!

message 27: by Emily (last edited Sep 17, 2013 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emily | 1596 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "I don't think I will have the time to read this. I was also working on library books that had to go back. I will try to read it before our BR for Insurgent though!"

Mandiann wrote: "I have halted my progress on this book as I had a few too many library books that were nearing their due dates. I will pick it up again soon!"

I don't feel so bad now for getting so far behind I won't stress to finish quickly then as I have another BR I am working on I will do what you are Jacquelyn and try to finish before the Insurgent BR

message 28: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Yeah, don't stress! I haven't even started!

message 29: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Jacquelyn wrote: "Yeah, don't stress! I haven't even started!"

Neither have I! So much work to do :-(

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I know! D:

Emily | 1596 comments I've started but am only at 12 percent haven't picked it up since Thursday

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I am at about 50% but have been at 50% for the last week.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments I am about 75% done. I love how (view spoiler)

message 34: by Mandiann (last edited Sep 29, 2013 09:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Finally finished! I hate how (view spoiler) Now I am ready to start Insurgent!