Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Flowers from the Storm
This topic is about Flowers from the Storm
Archive (Buddy Reads) > Buddy Read: FAC - Flowers From The Storm

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments With the FAC author this month being Laura Kinsale, a lot of us are reading the same book!

So I've created this buddy read thread for those of us who wish to have a chat about the book as well go :)

Even if you aren't reading this book this month but you have read it, drop by and let us know your thoughts.

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Its been a while since i've read this, but i remember really enjoying it - I hope you guys do

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments I have the audiobook lined up and it will be next on my playlist - I'll probably start on Thursday :)

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments you're in for a treat - Nicholas Boulton was pitch perfect for the one I listened to - Laura apparently hand-picked him to be the narrator

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) Jane, thanks for setting this up. I plan on reading it this week.

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments Crystal wrote: "Jane, thanks for setting this up. I plan on reading it this week."

Took me a while, but I posted it in the end :)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I plan on starting this tomorrow or the next day... just when I wrap up with my current book. :-)

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19706 comments I started the audio on Friday, but haven't been able to listen more over the weekend. Very impressed with the narrator! I hope to make a good dent tomorrow when I'm out running errands.

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments I was meant to start the audio on Thursday, but when I went to put it on... no book! I hadn't transferred it to my iPod. So I started Fish & Chips instead :) Hopefully I'll be able to start FFTS early next week.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I hadn't started yet either... Other books got in the way. Hoping to start this week.

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (last edited Sep 09, 2013 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments I started listening last night. Haven't made too much headway yet, but I have to agree with Kat, the narrator is awesome! I'm enjoying the story so far, too - very different from your average historical.

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19706 comments I finished on Friday, loved the audio! Thought the book was pretty good too!

message 13: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha | 1381 comments Oh I have to jump in. Hope to start by the weekend.

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments I'm just over a third of the way through in audio. I like it, parts of it are brilliant, the narrator is excellent. but I'm getting a bit bored - esp knowing I'm only a third of the way through!! Hope it gets moving again soon...

message 15: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 19706 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm just over a third of the way through in audio. I like it, parts of it are brilliant, the narrator is excellent. but I'm getting a bit bored - esp knowing I'm only a third of the way through!! ..."

I remember feeling a little of that too. And I did enjoy it in the end...

message 16: by Hina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hina (hinaj) | 2581 comments Just wanted to drop in and say. Its a great book, one of my favorite historical romance. :)

message 17: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha | 1381 comments I'm only a little ways into the book but it's moving slow. I hope it picks up.

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'll be starting tomorrow.... so many books got in its way. But, I def wanted to make sure I read it this month.