Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
This topic is about Taken By Moonlight
Book of the Month Archive > Sept BOM- Taken by Moonlight

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
This is a good one!

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments Looks good! I just d/l the book from Kindle.

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea wrote: "Looks good! I just d/l the book from Kindle."

At one point, I felt that there was a lot going on, and I rolled my eyes a bit but, overall I really enjoyed it.

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments I do hope more members join the discussion. If you haven't tried a paranormal book yet,this will be a good way to get your feet wet. The genre contains some dreamy heroes.

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea wrote: "I do hope more members join the discussion. If you haven't tried a paranormal book yet,this will be a good way to get your feet wet. The genre contains some dreamy heroes."

I know what you mean! The alpha in this one in particular, Conall is a credit the genre in my opinion.

Liane | 74 comments An excellent story that captivated me from beginning to end

Charlotte | 52 comments I loved this book and I've read it several times already. It contains all the paranormal beings. It has a lot going on so it can be overwhelming at times--but the story is very interesting. Definitely a page turner.

I'm hopeful for some type of sequel or continuance about Alex and the twin sister. I loved their story line as well as the one about Dru and Max. She has a few stories she can run with to make another book.

message 8: by AKA (new) - rated it 4 stars

AKA (mskingspens) | 689 comments Charlotte wrote: "I loved this book and I've read it several times already. It contains all the paranormal beings. It has a lot going on so it can be overwhelming at times--but the story is very interesting. Defi..."
The last time I went to her website, she wrote about working on Drew's book! I dont usually like to read about vampires (I have a hard time forgetting about the necrophilia), but I liked Drew and Max enough to get over myself. I am also wanting to read about Alex and the twin as that was my favorite side story.

As for TbM, I really liked it. I agree with the reviewers (here and on Amazon) that found themselves enjoying the supporting cast a bit more that V&C, but I still enjoyed them. I just finished the prequel Colorblind and it was just as good.

message 9: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

JV wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "I loved this book and I've read it several times already. It contains all the paranormal beings. It has a lot going on so it can be overwhelming at times--but the story is very ..."

I didn't know there was a prequel! Now I have to read that, re-read this one, and hope for a sequel, LOL!

Monica (minibux) | 6 comments This was a great book!!I read it by recommendation of this group and glad I did. So many great moments in this book. I found a new author because of this book! Thanks for intro to this book.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked the book. I enjoyed all the characters so much and can't wait to see what the author comes up with next. As soon as I finished the book I went back and read Colorblind just to see who was mentioned in it! I also sent the author a message saying I couldn't wait for the next I liked it so much. There was a lot going on but everyone was so enjoyable it wasn't distracting to me. I really want to see what goes down with Dru and Max. I hope she is kickass as a vampire and Max's sexy factor was only strengthened as I turned the pages. In the beginning I was really on that " this guy is a complete ass" tip but by the end ---BAYBEE, let me tell you Max could get it. lol j/k

message 12: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Has anyone read the prequel Colorblind by Violette Dubrinsky ?

message 13: by AKA (new) - rated it 4 stars

AKA (mskingspens) | 689 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Has anyone read the prequel Colorblind by Violette Dubrinsky ?"

I did and it was really good. It's about the couple Vivienne and Conall encounter during the mating. We get to see how they came together (and we find out how they became a part of Conall' s pack).

Ladyamelia | 173 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Has anyone read the prequel Colorblind by Violette Dubrinsky ?"

Yes - I thought it was excellent.

message 15: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

To these ladies that did read the prequel, would you recommend reading that before Taken by Moonlight? I've already read Taken by Moonlight, I'm just wondering if it would've add something to the story. Thanks!

Ladyamelia | 173 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "To these ladies that did read the prequel, would you recommend reading that before Taken by Moonlight? I've already read Taken by Moonlight, I'm just wondering if it would've add something to the s..."

You don't have to. The main couple in Colorblind is mentioned only in passing in Taken by Moonlight (and only in one scene, if I recall). So I don't think you need to read it (the prequel) first.

message 17: by AKA (new) - rated it 4 stars

AKA (mskingspens) | 689 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "To these ladies that did read the prequel, would you recommend reading that before Taken by Moonlight? I've already read Taken by Moonlight, I'm just wondering if it would've add something to the s..."

No, it reads as if VD was just trying to give some context on the couple in Colorblind and establish more of her shifter lore. The epilogue takes place after TbM and is a great way of establishing what immortality means in the TbM world.

message 18: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Good to know to know ladies, thank you. I think I'll try to read the prequel soon.

Tamara | 4 comments Was a fan of this book. A nice, long read.

message 20: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammi wrote: "Was a fan of this book. A nice, long read."

That's part of the reason why I liked it too Tammi. Sometimes you just want to settle in for a nice long read.

Tamara | 4 comments Michelle - I was surprised by the length. It was the first book in a long time that took me more than a day to finish.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments I guess this** might contain spoilers**, so with that in mind...

So far, its well written with only a few grammatical/editing glitches. None that bug me enough to take away from the story. It kind of hit a lull for me the last couple of chapters (not sure which one I'm on, but Cassandre just showed up at her parent's house)but its keeping my interest.

Only thing is, Vivienne is kind of dense. I mean she keeps asking what this or that "means" when the stuff she's questioning is self explanatory. If a guy I knew was a werewolf told me I was his mate, I'm pretty sure I'd get it LOL.

Also a lil' irked that even though her background has been discussed, nobody is stating the obvious were connection.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Has anyone read the prequel Colorblind by Violette Dubrinsky ?"

Its on my to read list and I didn't even realize it was a prequel to this! LOL, love it. Will try to hit that one next.

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments I read this a while back. It is sooooo good! :-)

message 25: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new) - rated it 4 stars

Savannah wrote: "✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Has anyone read the prequel Colorblind by Violette Dubrinsky ?"

Its on my to read list and I didn't even realize it was a prequel to this! LOL, love it. Will try to hit that one ..."

I love this cover!

message 26: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited Sep 27, 2013 08:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1437 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I love this cover!"

She's gorgeous, isn't she? Geez.