Literary Horror discussion

Horror Publishers and Presses > Ex Occidente Press

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randolph, Randy (last edited Aug 31, 2013 05:40PM) (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 161 comments http://www.exoccidente.com/
These beautiful works of art are beyond my price range generally but I would guess that their investment value is probably as rich as the contents are.

message 2: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments In my humble personal opinion... I think this is the finest small press out there. The works themselves rise to the level of literature and the books... as you noted Randolph are practically works of art.

I would be hard pressed to find a rival of this quality... but I am always open to learning about new presses out there.

message 3: by Benjamin (last edited Aug 31, 2013 08:42PM) (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments Randolph... I believe they will be publishing four new titles in the coming weeks...

Aornos by Avalon Brantley
The Light is Alone by Thomas Phillips
Cities, Thrones and Powers by John Howard
The Emperor's Pavement by John Howard

With the Huysman's Homage Anthology not too much far afterwards.

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan West | 17 comments Any news on the release of Alexander Vona's Bricked-Up Windows? It was supposed to be ready for the printers around spring, and now there's no sign of it in the upcoming line-up at all.

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments I almost forgot about that one. But I do remember seeing an orange L'Oubli cover posted somewhere... perhaps TLO. If I hear anything through the grape vine, I'll post it here...

Btw... did you see the preview for Aornos? I'm getting pretty excited over a greek play... = )

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan West | 17 comments I pre-ordered the Vona, so I'm hoping it's just been delayed and not canceled like The Rakes of the Old Courtyard translation was. In any case, I'm excited too, as I sprung for the 13 book gift pack EO offered last winter but only received half, and now Secret Europe, O Altitudo, Dehiscence, Alfred Tesseller, The New Fate, and Last Gold of Decayed Stars are but days away.

message 7: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments Oh nice... those are quite lovely books you have coming.

message 8: by Neil (new)

Neil B (neil77) I agree with Benjamin, this is probably my favourite small press in terms of both content and the book as physical object.

Their prices are very steep, but there is a demand for these on the 2nd hand market - if you want to read something it's not hard to buy it then resell later. The books are so good you won't want to let go of them though.

You've got some amazing books coming Jordan!

message 9: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments Yeah... that second hand market can be absolutely brutal for the buyer if you are trying to hunt down some of the earlier OOP titles. Quite nice for the seller. Thing is... I won't be parting with any of my titles... =)

I think the most difficulty I had was tracking down Old Albert... I got really lucky with a surprise posting from a private collector.

message 10: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uminsky (benjaminu) | 356 comments A little bird told me that the Vona will be a fifth book coming out in the next few weeks as EO ramps up publishing...

Keep the faith Jordan... ; )

message 11: by Randolph, Randy (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 161 comments I'm so envious...