Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

42 views
ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 48: September 2-8 (Favorite Author)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok guys! For this week's theme pick a book by one of your favorite authors! I'm having a hard time choosing between these 3 because they're all my favorites!! :)

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6) by Rachel Vincent Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry


message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Kathy wrote: "Ok guys! For this week's theme pick a book by one of your favorite authors! I'm having a hard time choosing between these 3 because they're all my favorites!! :)

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6) by Rachel Vincent..."


Excellent theme choice. I'll be reading
Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins and Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout this week so they'll both count! I have many favorites and it would be really hard to choose if I didn't have these 2 scheduled already!


message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I know! It's actually why I chose the theme because I have those 3 scheduled too! lol! :D


message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Good thing I don't have an Abbi Glines book scheduled this week too! LOL!


message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Right! Or a Nyrae Dawn!! lol! :D


message 6: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Great theme! I'll be reading Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout of course :)


message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! Glad you like it Ashlyn! :)


message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'll read Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5) by Abbi Glines


message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I'll read Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5) by Abbi Glines"

I still need to read Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) by Abbi Glines hope you like your book Gis! :)


message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Good one, but picking your favorite author is like someone asking to pick your favorite child!!

But I'm going with The Fault in Our Stars by John Green !!


message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks :) I hope so too. A lot of my friends loved it.


message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Katherine wrote: "Good one, but picking your favorite author is like someone asking to pick your favorite child!!

But I'm going with The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!!"


I know!! If you asked me which I liked beter Divergent or Hunger Games? I would say "Ummm...both!!" lol! :D


message 13: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7504 comments Hmmm....not sure what to read yet. Might do something by Diana Wynne Jones.


message 14: by Katherine (last edited Aug 31, 2013 06:10PM) (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Me too Kathy!! I love both equally.


message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Katherine wrote: "Me too Kathy!! I love both equally."

Yes!! There is no comparing them! lol! :D


message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Mandiann wrote: "Hmmm....not sure what to read yet. Might do something by Diana Wynne Jones."

I haven't read any of hers, but I did see Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones the movie because I love the director!! He is so awesome! My kids love his movies! :D


message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Not sure what I'm going to read yet. I have too many favorite authors!


message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Angela (: wrote: "Not sure what I'm going to read yet. I have too many favorite authors!"

I know! Me too! That's why I have 3 picks! lol! :D


message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments I never read the first two you chose, but I LOVED the last one.

I might end up with more than one too LOL.


message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments They are all 3 very high on my list of favs! Good luck on finding something good! :D


message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Thanks, Kathy! :D


message 22: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7504 comments Kathy wrote: "Mandiann wrote: "Hmmm....not sure what to read yet. Might do something by Diana Wynne Jones."

I haven't read any of hers, but I did see Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones the movie because I l..."


Yes, I love the movie too but the book is so so much better! I read the book before the movie came out when I heard Miyazaki was making it. That was how I found Diana Wynne Jones. Since then I have read many of her books!


message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments I may just have to read it! But it makes me want to watch it again! :)


message 24: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments i'm going to read Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz


message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Taylor wrote: "i'm going to read Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz"

Hope you like your book Taylor! :)


message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Taylor wrote: "i'm going to read Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz"

Teeth is a great book! I love Hannah Moskowitz. (:


message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments wow "favorite" I don't know that I have one favorite, with so so many good authors out there..

I think I'll pick
Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout along with everyone else.
it's probably been my most anticipated read :)


message 28: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Finished my pick The Fault in Our Stars by John Green !! John Green is a good writer!! 4/5 stars. My review is down below!!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...


message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha wrote: "wow "favorite" I don't know that I have one favorite, with so so many good authors out there..

I think I'll pick
Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout along with everyone else.
it's probably been my most a..."


Trisha, I have many favorites myself so I understand what you mean! And I can't wait till tomorrow so we can finally find out what happens with Daemon and Katy!!


message 30: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Katherine wrote: "Finished my pick The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!! John Green is a good writer!! 4/5 stars. My review is down below!!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."


Katherine, I'm glad you liked your book! It is on omy TBR list and I'll get to it one of these days! :)


message 31: by Adam (new)

Adam | 180 comments I'm reading skulduggery pleasant


message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Hope you like your book Adam! :)


message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Done with Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
wow, 5 Luxen lovin' stars!!!!


message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Wow! Trisha already done! That's awesome! I'm glad you loved it! :)


message 35: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments Trisha wrote: "Done with Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
wow, 5 Luxen lovin' stars!!!!"


You finished it already? Glad you loved it!


message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Thnks! yes, already done. it was wonderful!! :D I hope you guys love it too!


message 37: by Becky (last edited Sep 04, 2013 04:48PM) (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Done with Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
wow, 5 Luxen lovin' stars!!!!"


Meeeeee tooooooo!

And I finished Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins on Sunday, so I got them both done, yay!


message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay Becky! Glad you liked both your books! :)


message 39: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think I have to change my pick to My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont, #2) by Heidi McLaughlin (she is a great author!) since I might not be able to start Sea Breeze until next week (need to work on some buddy reads :D)


message 40: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I think I have to change my pick to My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont, #2) by Heidi McLaughlin (she is a great author!) since I might not be able to start Sea Breeze until next week (need to work on some buddy rea..."

Oh! Gisbelle, I remember you liked the first book in that series! I hope you like this one just as much! :)


message 41: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ok I finished one of mine at least!

Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 stars!!!


message 42: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont, #2) by Heidi McLaughlin (4*)

Kathy, it was a great book, but not as good as book 1. I loved male MC in book 2 better though. He was so YUMMY!


message 43: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont, #2) by Heidi McLaughlin (4*)

Kathy, it was a great book, but not as good as book 1. I loved male MC in book 2 better though. He was so YUMMY!"


Awesome! I need to read the first book! :)


message 44: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments :D Awesome! Who knows, you might enjoy it as much that we might read book 3 together :)


message 45: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! lol! :D


message 46: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments finished Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz 9/8 (4 stars)


message 47: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Taylor wrote: "finished Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz 9/8 (4 stars)"

Taylor! Glad you liked your pick! :)


message 48: by Ashlyn (last edited Sep 08, 2013 06:28PM) (new)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I ended up reading both Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . Both 5 stars.


message 49: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I ended up reading both Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Both 5 stars."

Yes! One of my favorite series! Glad you liked them Ashlyn!! :)


message 50: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments And I finished another one

Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6) by Rachel Vincent 5 stars!


« previous 1
back to top