Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Killjoy (Buchanan-Renard, #3)
This topic is about Killjoy
Group Reads or Buddy Reads > Killjoy September Group Read (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Killjoy is our September Group Read!

Avery Delaney has always tried to put the past far behind her. Abandoned by her rapacious, conniving mother when she was only three days old, Avery was raised by her grandmother and beloved aunt Carolyn. Then, when she was eleven, she witnessed her grandmother's violent death, before Avery herself was shot and left for dead. Miraculously she survived. The man responsible is serving time in a Florida prison. This traumatic experience propels Avery into a life of law and order.

Her razor-sharp mind and ability to gather data and decipher evidence has made Avery an expert crime analyst for the FBI. But soon she will have to use every one of her adroit skills on a case that hits painfully close to home.

Avery's workaholic aunt, Carolyn Salvetti, is certain her (hopefully soon-to-be ex) husband sent her the gold embossed reservation to the posh Utopia Spa in the mountains of Colorado. At first she is resistant, but then figures it will be a welcome respite from the cutthroat advertising business, not to mention a networking extravaganza. Plus she persuades her niece to join her for the two weeks of luxury and decadence.

But Carolyn never makes it to Utopia. Under false pretenses, she is taken to an isolated retreat by a handsome stranger with a dazzling smile, suave demeanor, and the darkest of motives. His name is Monk, a hired assassin. Now, with scant clues and fewer resources, Avery must track down and save Carolyn--and outmaneuver a brilliant killer who is part of an elaborate plot of madness and lethal vengeance.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Okay, borrowed the audio for this one from the library. I might try and finish it today, though it isn't September yet. I need the "G" to finish off a challenge.

Killjoy (Unabr.) (7 Cass.) by Julie Garwood

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

lol. I read it recently so I won't have to really read it but I would love to discuss.

message 4: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments I'll join in the read if I can borrow a copy, went a little over my budget (a lot really) buying yarn this month ;)

message 5: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I would just like to know even thought this group is all about Julie Garwood could we also read others authors as well

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sure, we can do that. I'll see about opening it to other authors for October.

message 7: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments I'm all for doing other authors as well.
Thanks Joeera for suggesting it

message 8: by Joeera (last edited Sep 07, 2013 08:04PM) (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I finished reading the book today

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

How did you like it?

message 10: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I loved it Jilly was a sociopath I did love her character thought.I think the mother's character should have been stronger. She just ignored everything her daughter did that rubbed me the wrong way.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sadly, there are really people like that in the world who ignore the bad in their children.

message 12: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments That is so true and then after they regret it that they didn't do anything sooner to help.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

So did you like John Paul and Avery's characters?

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm about 3/4 of the way through this one and I'm really enjoying it. Love the narrator, Joyce Bean. I don't believe I've heard her before.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

My quickie review:
★★★★½ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I don’t know why I’m enjoying JG’s Contemporary Romances more on audio than I did when I read their dead tree versions, but I am. I’m one of those people who was vastly disappointed when she stopped writing Historical Romances. However, I ♥loved♥ this one; it held my attention though-out. Nicely narrated by Joyce Bean.

message 16: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I loved this book it was filled with action/adventure, romance and suspense. Julie Garwood knows very well how to build conflict. The bad guys are in no way subtle, their really close to on being over-the-edge evil. The good guys shine. The clash between them is spectacular.

Avery Delaney

was an amazing character she had gone through so much. But, yet managed to stay grounded and down to earth and warm hearted. There were times when I saw her strength and other times when you could see her vulnerablety

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes, I loved the characters.

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yes, if I were her, I'd be worried about inheriting any of her biological mother's evil craziness.