The Book Challenge discussion

n-z > Valerie's 2013 Book List Challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (last edited Aug 31, 2013 12:47PM) (new)

Valerie Here is my list for 2013. Since I am just starting. I will list 10 books from my wishlist which is enormous!

Also, I will be starting my "A to Z" List in 2014. I just want to finish out 2013.

Starting Sept'13 to Dec'13

1. The Bone House by Brian Freeman 2. Surface Tension by Joanna Hines 3. Something About Sophie by Mary Kay McComas 4. Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin 5. The Villa of Death by Joanna Challis 6. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner 7. The Accursed by Joyce Carol Oates 8. The Specimen by Martha Lea 9. Treasure Box by Orson Scott Card
10. Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1) by Jane Nickerson

message 2: by Valerie (last edited Sep 16, 2013 09:12AM) (new)

Valerie Today I'm starting Surface Tension

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I finished Surface Tension Surface Tension by Joanna Hines a few days ago. I belong to a few groups, so I have a lot to read.

I enjoyed this book, it's basically about a wife who wants to find out about her husband's secretive past. So she takes all the steps to find out about his past and meanwhile her life is falling apart.

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Now I'm reading As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner . I started this over the weekend.

I'm moving slowly through this book. This is the first time I'm reading a book by his author.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ok, now I'm finished As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner .

I was just plowing slowly through this book. I gave it 1 star.

This book is about a family who goes across the country to bury their mother. Each family member tells their story. It took them about a week to bury her and they went across country in a horse and wagon. There was no refrigeration at that time and vultures were following them.

Sometimes, I eat and snack when I read. I could not with this book.