I love Alpha Male books club discussion

Silver Fire (Guardians, #2)
This topic is about Silver Fire
Authors share! > *CLOSED* Silver Fire, reviewers wanted

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vee (last edited Aug 31, 2013 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments A call for ARC (advanced reading copy) reviewers for my upcoming novel, Silver Fire. Target release date is October 2013. This is a standalone, but characters from my first book, Fire and Ice, appear in this one. If you want to read Fire and Ice first (or after), I can offer a coupon on Smashwords so you can get the first book for free. I will include the coupon code when I send you your ARC for Silver Fire.

Please leave email below or PM if interested with your preferred format: ePub, Mobi or PDF. Please read warning and note below. Thanks! :)
Warning: Contains explicit sex scenes and language. Some sexual deviance and disturbing scenes. 18+ years old.
Note: I’ve taken this book a bit out of the comfort zone for some readers and is a bit darker than my previous work. There’s a series of events 3/4 through the book that may be quite disturbing and you may decide to stop reading, don’t feel bad but just let me know that it’s beyond what you’re comfortable reading. But then again if you’ve read enough romantic suspense novels, you may not even blink an eye. :)

Silver Fire

For preview chapters
Silver Fire Chapters 1 & 2

Blurb :
What if you hold the blueprint to a device that can destroy an entire city? 
Sophie Marie Leroux is a genius nuclear physicist who runs Silver Fire Research, a laboratory that has developed the technology to enrich Zefinium—an element so versatile, it can be used as an infinite power source. It is also rumored to be an alternative to weaponized plutonium. Certain factions want to see that research buried, and the only way to make it happen is to get rid of Sophie. But greed has brought out sinister forces that may just coerce her into building the most lethal weapon since the nuclear bomb. 
Derek Lockwood has avoided commitment all his life. His past involvements in high-risk missions with the Army Special Forces and Artemis Guardian Services (AGS) are not exactly building blocks for meaningful relationships. Now an executive for a defense company, he finds himself attracted to his new business partner. An angel with a mind like Einstein—Sophie just may be the one woman who will have him forsake all others.
However, behind Sophie's brilliant mind lurks a dark past, and Derek will need all his intellectual and sensual expertise to break through her emotional minefield.

Excerpt
When she turned around, Derek was leaning against the doorjamb, observing her with a predatory gaze. Stephen had deserted her, that traitor.
“Alone at last,” Derek murmured.
“I don’t have time for your sexual innuendos, Lockwood.”
“I told you to call me, Derek.” He walked into the room, took the phone from her and pulled her up from the bed, holding her about six inches from his body, which was radiating serious heat. She could feel herself getting uncomfortably flushed—sexually aroused. “You know, Angel, that bed is so tempting right now, but I want to take it slow with you.”
“There’s no taking anything with me. Why can’t you accept that?” Sophie said angrily.
“I’ve told you I’ve had a taste of you, I want more,” Derek muttered, his eyes dropping to her mouth. Her lips involuntarily parted. “So here’s how it’s going to go. I know you’re clean, you haven’t had sex in thirteen years, am I right?”
“Of course I’m clean!” Sophie retorted indignantly.
Derek grinned. “You’re going on birth control.”
“Excuse me? I’ve already been since I was fourteen, but what gives you the right to dictate to me? Are you even listening to me? Nothing is happening between us.”
The infuriating man’s grin got wider as he continued talking over her. “I’m going to have myself checked out tomorrow to prove I’m clean. I never have unprotected sex, however, in this big town, there seems to be a misconception that I have the plague.”
“Doesn’t seem to prevent you from having a harem.”
“You’re beginning to sound like Maia,” Derek said with a trace of exasperation. “We got that straight, Angel, I want to bury myself inside you with no fucking condom between us. And that’s after I eat you until you scream.”
Oh my god. Her sex spasmed at his words, a warmth pooling between her legs. This man can talk you into an orgasm.
Smiling at her, he brushed her lips with his and trailed it down to her ear and whispered, “You’re wet for me aren’t you?”
Sophie tried to control her trembling but couldn’t, and then she was immediately clenched against a hard chest as Derek’s mouth claimed hers, plundering her lips ruthlessly. His tongue tangled with hers as he molded her body to his. He broke the kiss too soon, and Sophie whimpered in protest. He chuckled softly before burying his face in the curve of her neck. “Jesus, I gotta go. I don’t think I can control myself around you right now.”
“Well I’m sure one of your three women can help you out,” Sophie said.
Instead of getting mad, Derek grinned, that grin that made him look so boyish and charming. “Jealous, sweetie?”
“No!”
“I’ve informed all my women that I am currently unavailable.”
“You’re an arrogant reprobate.”
“Dream of me, Angel.” Derek kissed the top of her head affectionately and walked away. Sophie was left wanting more of him.

Steph | 17 comments Hi Victoria

This looks great! Would love to read and review for you.

scatanach@hotmail.com in kindle format please

message 3: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Steph wrote: "Hi Victoria

This looks great! Would love to read and review for you.

scatanach@hotmail.com in kindle format please"

Steph, sent the file!

message 4: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Karen wrote: "i would love to read for review. Now is a good time for me to do this because i'm laid up with a broken foot.
i have a kindke so a pdf is good for me or the kindle format. my email is sweetcakes@..."

Karen, your email didn't work. Is that two @ in your email address?

message 5: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Karen wrote: "oops sorry! Guess i should have checked. sweetcakes1952@gmail.com"

Sent it! Enjoy the read!

Mara (mbella1021aolcom) | 15 comments Would love to read an ARC. My email is mbella1021@aol.com ePub please. Thanks!

message 7: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Mara wrote: "Would love to read an ARC. My email is mbella1021@aol.com ePub please. Thanks!"

@Mara sent you the file. Thanks!

Dallison (caribabe) | 5 comments I Would love to review and would also love to read the first book. I would like mobi format. My email address is caribabe@optonline.net.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

navysalah@hotmail.com
Kindle format please:)

Dayna (daynaadams) | 2 comments Sounds good! I would love to review it! daynaadams23@yahoo.com kindle/mobi

message 11: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments @Dallison and @ Ny Just sent the ARCs. Enjoy the read.

message 12: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments @Dayna - just sent it!

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber Ryals (sgtry1017) | 11 comments May I? Sgtry1017@yahoo.com

message 14: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Amber wrote: "May I? Sgtry1017@yahoo.com"
Amber, sent you an email. Let me know what format you want.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber Ryals (sgtry1017) | 11 comments PDF

Tracy Wood (PortiaJay) | 2 comments Victoria
I would love to review this book for you.
Tracy Wood
Kindle
Portiajay1869@att.net

message 17: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Tracy wrote: "Victoria
I would love to review this book for you.
Tracy Wood
Kindle
Portiajay1869@att.net"

Sent you the ARC, Tracy. Thanks!

message 18: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Karen wrote: "Loving it so far!"

Happy to hear that, Karen! :)

message 19: by Mara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mara (mbella1021aolcom) | 15 comments Reading it and I am enjoying so far !!!

Christel | 27 comments I would love an ARC chris_2589@hotmail.com ePub

message 21: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Mara wrote: "Reading it and I am enjoying so far !!!"
Oh yay! I'm happy to hear that, Mara!

message 22: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Christel wrote: "I would love an ARC chris_2589@hotmail.com ePub"

Sent you the file, Christel.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Great book Victoria, I couldn't put it down. Thank you!

message 24: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Ny wrote: "Great book Victoria, I couldn't put it down. Thank you!"
Thanks Ny! :)

Dyndyn | 31 comments Sounds great, Victoria! If you're still looking for reviewers, count me in. I haven't read Fire & Ice though. I've only read Beneath the Fire, which I enjoyed.
Epub to dyn0727@yahoo.com, pls.
Thanks!

message 26: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Dyndyn wrote: "Sounds great, Victoria! If you're still looking for reviewers, count me in. I haven't read Fire & Ice though. I've only read Beneath the Fire, which I enjoyed.
Epub to dyn0727@yahoo.com, pls.
Thanks!"

Sent you the file! Enjoy the read.

message 27: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Karen wrote: "i'm 60% done and loving this book! i love a lot of books, but this is in maybe my top 10, definitely my top 20 favorites! i'll write my review when i'm done."
Oh wow, that's great to hear Karen! :)

message 28: by Ionaikie (last edited Sep 15, 2013 08:44AM) (new)

Ionaikie | 1 comments Wow, the excerpt has me hooked. I would love to review the book.

message 29: by Ionaikie (new)

Ionaikie | 1 comments I just finished it and really liked it. It fit right in with the first two books. The part that you mentioned in your original description about possible being outside of some readers comfort zone did not bother me at all as it just worked with how the story was playing out.

I appreciate the opportunity to read this book and will be posting a favorable review when it's listed on Amazon as well as on the Goodreads site. Looking forward to the next book in the series!

message 30: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Ionaikie wrote: "I just finished it and really liked it. It fit right in with the first two books. The part that you mentioned in your original description about possible being outside of some readers comfort zone ..."

Great! So glad you liked it. :)

Blondie (blonde76) | 4 comments I am interested in r2r and I would not mind reading the 1st book either

t.woolsey@yahoo.com for the kindle

message 32: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments Silver Fire is now live. Thanks for agreeing to review my book. For those who regularly post reviews on Amazon and Smashwords, you may do so now. If you enjoyed Silver Fire, please recommend it to your friends. It will be 99 cents until October 15!

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Fire-Gua...

Smashwords:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 33: by Vee (last edited Oct 03, 2013 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee | 256 comments I've started a Q&A post on my GR blog, couldn't put spoiler quotes on my wordpress one. Anyway, link is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_...

Also I was going through some of my discarded scenes and found this, the original bar scene. Interesting how a plot doesn't work and it changes. Unedited.

(view spoiler)