Doomsday preppers discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ember Skye (new)

Ember Skye | 39 comments Mod
Good old H2o is next on the list as the number two Necessity, as you can only live about THREE DAYS without it.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I think rain barrels would be a really good idea. You can use them to water your garden. Also you would need a dependable way to make your water potable.

message 3: by Ember Skye (new)

My family is looking for a piece of land that has a spring on it, and we would also drill a couple wells

message 4: by Pebbles (new)

Pebbles | 51 comments I would relocate to a lake

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Nobody (joe_nobody) | 4 comments If you know how, you can pull water from the humidity (condensation).

Purification techniques are almost as important as a source. Campfire charcoal, for example, is a great filter.

Desalination is easy on a small scale. The same method, a solar still, can even be used to re-cycle urine.

message 6: by Ember Skye (new)

I have made small solar water purifiers before, and they work really well. I took a big glass bowl, filled it about halfway up with salt water, then I put a smaller bowl in the middle of the big one. then I covered the top of the big bowl with plastic wrap, and put a small rock on the plastic wrap, over the smaller bowl. Then I put the bowl outside in the sun, and after a while, the salt water evaporates, collects on the plastic wrap, then drips into the smaller bowl.

message 7: by Feliks (last edited Jul 02, 2016 11:22AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 31 comments There's flexible, pre-shaped, thick rubber liners you can insert into a bathtub and quickly fill up with a week's supply of drinkable water, if you sense trouble coming. Store it in the closet, otherwise.

Me, I have an outdoor soaking tub from Rubbermaid which would serve this function for me if necessary.

I also have water purification |||||||| and a Lifestraw. I have a 2 Qt shoulder-mounted water pouch for any unexpected trip on foot. For my daily train commute, I carry a small plastic water bottle hooked to my leg-mount pouch