What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fictional account of a man who undergoes an operation that will make him completely forget his past life but will shorten the amount of time he has remaining to live.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Heller | 1 comments After years of mutual bitterness and hostility between himself and his family, friends, and acquaintances, he wakes up from the operation with a completely fresh outlook on life. He has no recollection of the man he was, or the strained relationships from his past, and from what I recall, no knowledge that he has chosen to undertake the operation. I believe it had been staged as an accident in order to hide the truth from his loved ones.

With his new lease on life, based on his 'amnesia,' he grows to love his wife and children and embarks on picking up from where his former 'evil' self left off, but finds that the pain and bitterness which his operation has caused him to forget, is still very much present for those who knew him before.

This book was very introspective as it made me reflect on my own life and relationships with the revelation that I held the key to forgiveness and renewal. I read it over 15 years ago and would very much like to find it for another read.

Thanks!

message 2: by Serendi (last edited Aug 31, 2013 11:06PM) (new)

Serendi Here's a review of a book about amnesia, which includes lots of fictional amnesia:

http://www.strangehorizons.com/review...

ETA: Was looking through old threads and found one with a list of resources for finding books about amnesia.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Christian, are you still looking for this book?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.