Music Freaks & Geeks discussion

34 views
Unfamous Fantastic Musicians > Unfamous Artists who SHOULD be Famous?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn This is where we can all share artists we come across, who aren't (that) famous, but are super awesome! I think:
Never Shout Never
Iggy Azalea
Evanescence


Post others! Honestly I love every band every one has mentioned! Post more!


message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn HelenaMaria is cool too


message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) I love Evanescence! I'd have to add Andrew Bird to this list - you should look him up on Youtube. I love his recordings, but I saw him live and he BLEW MY MIND!!

I've recently started listening to Snarky Puppy who is a ...jazz/funk....random world culture band? It's hard to describe them, but I guess I'd call them a jam band.


message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) I just listened to HelenaMaria and they've got really beautiful voices. I have this weird thing for cover artists (don't ask, most musicians look at me like I'm crazy) so I'm glad you named them as I'm always on the lookout for good covers!


message 5: by Madame (new)

Madame (madamemorrigan) | 33 comments Jessica wrote: "HelenaMaria is cool too"

I just listened to HelenaMaria and they were amazing! I love them now. Thanks for listing them.


message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Morgan-Sarah wrote: "Jessica wrote: "HelenaMaria is cool too"

I just listened to HelenaMaria and they were amazing! I love them now. Thanks for listing them."


Hahaha no prob!


message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Elizabeth wrote: "I just listened to HelenaMaria and they've got really beautiful voices. I have this weird thing for cover artists (don't ask, most musicians look at me like I'm crazy) so I'm glad you named them a..."

By weird do you mean you love or hate covers?


message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn AJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "This is where we can all share artists we come across, who aren't (that) famous, but are super awesome! I think:
Never Shout Never
Iggy Azalea
Evanescence


Post others! Honestly I ..."


AJ wrote: "Jessica wrote: "This is where we can all share artists we come across, who aren't (that) famous, but are super awesome! I think:
Never Shout Never
Iggy Azalea
Evanescence


Post others! Honestly I ..."






Oh well I mean I guess, I hadn't heard of them before though so I just figured...


message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Elizabeth wrote: "I love Evanescence! I'd have to add Andrew Bird to this list - you should look him up on Youtube. I love his recordings, but I saw him live and he BLEW MY MIND!!

I've recently started listening..."


Andrew Bird was great! But personally Im not a jazz fan, but If I were i'd say they were amazing!


message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (hitchhikerbooks) I mean I love covers...most people I know don't think much of covers because it isn't original music, but there are some really creative covers out there! For example if I could combine Peter Gabriel's orchestration of My Body is a Cage with Arcade Fire's vocals (they are the original creators) I'd be in heaven! Peter Gabriel did some interesting things with the song, I just don't happen to like his voice very much.

Most people I know don't listen to much pop (pop meaning anything not classical haha) music either though, so there you are.


message 11: by sunshyne66 (new)

sunshyne66 | 7 comments Vintage Trouble


message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Its so cool that we all have such different tastes in music!!


message 13: by Sibella (new)

Sibella I love Kelsey Snowdon and Jeydon Wale :)


message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Sibella wrote: "I love Kelsey Snowdon and Jeydon Wale :)"

Kelsey Snowdon blew me away! And Jeydon Wale... isn't like an artist but all the same he gets a 10 for hotness and an 11 for funniness.!


message 15: by Sibella (new)

Sibella Jessica wrote: "Sibella wrote: "I love Kelsey Snowdon and Jeydon Wale :)"

Kelsey Snowdon blew me away! And Jeydon Wale... isn't like an artist but all the same he gets a 10 for hotness and an 11 for funniness.!"


I love Kelsey Snowdown's cover for Youth. All of her original songs are awesome :)
Jeydon Wale kind of does music sometimes but he hasn't lately :( I seriously can't believe he is 22-ish


message 16: by mercy (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 75 comments The Head and The Heart


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ummm Five Seconds of Summer. And like every old artist ever, most kids nowadays don't know like any of them. Billy Idol in my opinion deserves more popularity then he gets, I think people underestimate him. I'm a huge fan lol. Genesis definitely. Idk. Lots.


message 18: by mercy (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 75 comments Sam Tsui! Oh and Walk The Moon.. Just all those good indie bands..


message 19: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 7 comments Rocket to the moon
Mayday Parade
Theory of a Deadman
I agree with evanescence

um... I have more but I can't think of any right now xD


message 20: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 7 comments AJ wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "Rocket to the moon
Mayday Parade
Theory of a Deadman
I agree with evanescence

um... I have more but I can't think of any right now xD"

after having heard one or two tunes from theo..."


Ugh ikr? I can never find them! And I don't love all songs by Theory of a Deadman, but I have a few by them that I absolutely absolutely love. Like "Heaven (Little by Little)"


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Anberlin. They're this great band someone introduced me to like two days ago, and they're flaming amazing, The Resistance is excellent.


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Stevie ray Vaughn is awesome, Eddie Van Halen is awesome. Steve Stevens is awesome too but gets no recognition.

I'll check that out in a minute.


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never heard of any of those, who are they?


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

AJ wrote: "Dominique wrote: "I've never heard of any of those, who are they?"

serious?
alex lifeson - rush
mick mars - motley crue
rick nielsen - cheap trick.

(guess i'm showing my old age. apologies to all..."


I guess I am with you on the age, because I am down with motley crue.


message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

AJ wrote: "~J*e$$!c*A ~ wrote: "AJ wrote: "Dominique wrote: "I've never heard of any of those, who are they?"

serious?
alex lifeson - rush
mick mars - motley crue
rick nielsen - cheap trick.

(guess i'm sho..."


I say unless we are drawing our social security we are still young, and the way it looks there will not be any. So, we will be forever young.


message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG BUT I LOVE CHEAP TRICK MOTLEY CRÜE AND RUSH
AND I ALREADY KNOW THE SONG DR. FEELGOOD
OMG AHHH, I wish more people my age new that stuff.
AND IF COURSE I'VE HEARD OF MICK JAGGER AND THE ROLLING STONES I LOVE ABOUT HALF OF WHAT I KNOW, SO THAYS ABOUT LIKE 15 songs or so idk


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Listening to Sweet Child O' Mine :)))))


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique wrote: "Listening to Sweet Child O' Mine :)))))"

oh listen to November Rain and knocking on heaven's door.


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THOSE SONGS TOO, GUNS N ROSES IS AWESOMEEEEE


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Also I live the song Surrender SOOOO MUCH by Cheap Trick.


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique wrote: "I LOVE THOSE SONGS TOO, GUNS N ROSES IS AWESOMEEEEE"

Dominique wrote: "I LOVE THOSE SONGS TOO, GUNS N ROSES IS AWESOMEEEEE"

Yes, they are. I look pretty ridiculous when I am driving and rocking out to them. I go HARD! :)


message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

SAME HAHAHAHA EXCEPT THTS WHEN IM RIDING CUZ I CAN'T DRIVE
I rock out like crazy every single day, it's so much fun. I thought everyone did that but then my friends were like uh no, that's wierd
IT'S NOT WIERD
HOW ELSE CAN YOU LIVE.


message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique wrote: "SAME HAHAHAHA EXCEPT THTS WHEN IM RIDING CUZ I CAN'T DRIVE
I rock out like crazy every single day, it's so much fun. I thought everyone did that but then my friends were like uh no, that's wierd
IT..."


I say it is ok to be weird. I like my weird. :)


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

:)))) samee


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique wrote: ":)))) samee"

http://youtu.be/4306i99LMXo weird song that I LOVE!


message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll check it out as soon as I'm done with lunch, I'm watching Total Dram Island and I'm very into it :DD


message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique wrote: "I'll check it out as soon as I'm done with lunch, I'm watching Total Dram Island and I'm very into it :DD"

deal :)


message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh every video I go to say its not available on mobile


message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Alex G


message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn Love her Thrift Shop cover

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdfSm3tsdo&a...


message 41: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0qJdS...
Pentatonix. Check their Radioactive cover too!


Elentiya AKA Aelin -heir to the throne of Terrasen (sighforkai) | 8 comments I would have to add New Hollow (all the band members go to my online school.) And Clinton Zher he also went to my school and is one of my friends.


message 43: by mercy (new)

mercy (mercyem) | 75 comments Sam Tsui!


message 44: by Shaina (new)

Shaina Mishra | 9 comments OHMYGOD YES.


message 45: by Hailey (new)

Hailey | 29 comments http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgLs_0KIXM
Megan and Liz there awesome


message 46: by Caru (new)

Caru Bonnie McKee


message 47: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dawn I luh her


message 48: by Shanna (last edited Jan 31, 2014 09:08AM) (new)

Shanna (shannaj) | 1 comments Phil Shawel, one of my all time favorite youtube singer/musicians. He plays every single instrument and records. He is awesome... check out his stuff, here is a newer cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6BPva...
And one of my Favs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZyl8D...

Link to his Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgunr...
Tell me he isnt talented?? Come On!! Im a big fan! : )


message 49: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Heather Janssen


back to top