The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

The Ending

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Italia8989 Does anyone know why Grimalkin went to Ariella's grave in the end? If you have any other thoughts on this book, go ahead and post those too. Also, how is the "Call of the Forgotten" series? I am afraid to read it because I will miss all of the original characters, and I heard they only appear for a short time. Lastly, do you think we will ever find out who Puck ends up with?
Sorry for all the questions. Answer one or all of them; whichever you prefer.

Italia8989 Ryann wrote: "I think Grim went to Ariella's grave to give her peace. Actually, no. He went to the bones of the Wyvern that killed her. I think this was his way of telling her to rest in peace, though I'm not re..."

Thanks for your answers! They were great. The only thing is, I don't think the Wyvern killed Ariella, but I could be wrong.
Hmm, I may read the "Call of the Forgotten" because I love the Nevernever world, but it might be hard if Ethan and that Kenzie girl aren't memorable!
Yes, that would be wonderful! :) Although I get this feeling since he hasn't found anyone in the many centuries he has been alive in the books, Julie Kagawa wants to make him an eternal bachelor for the time being.

message 3: by Addee (last edited Sep 02, 2013 04:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addee I don't remember that Grim did that, I was probably to infatuated with Ash & his story to take too much notice of Grim. But I imagine there would be some benefit in it for the cat, one way or another.

Mmm, Call Of The Forgotten, yes you should read them! Book #1 doesn't have as much action, the forgotten are not really exciting, & Ethan & Kenzie are not as charming as Ash & Meghan. However Prince Kierran is gorgeous & enchanting and these stories of the fey are awesome regardless of who is in them.

And then there's Puck. I am sure Puck has an awesome time, endless adventures and I imagine he would have quite a few girlfriends around the place, he may not be with 'the one', but I doubt very much if he ever gets bored or lonely. It would be great if he gets his own book though...

Italia8989 Smeghead wrote: "I don't remember that Grim did that, I was probably to infatuated with Ash & his story to take too much notice of Grim. But I imagine there would be some benefit in it for the cat, one way or anoth..."

Thanks for your answers! Yes, Grim was in the Epilogue in the end, but it was such a little tidbit you might have missed it.
Yes, I have started on "Call of the Forgotten." You are definitely right about the action. Compared to Julie's other books, there is not as much, but it is still written good. I suppose she has to do that so her characters flow with the writing. I do like Prince Kierran, and Ethan is one of the most realistic characters I have ever read, to be honest. His anger towards Meghan (and a lot of others), as well as his obligation to protect everyone, make for some raw emotions.
Yes, Puck! It would be great if he got his own book. There is not as much lighthearted humor in the spin-off quite yet. It is probably the thing I miss the most.
Well, thanks again for answering!

message 5: by Addee (last edited Sep 03, 2013 05:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addee Yeah, you are definitely right about the lack of humour, I was trying to work out why it seemed a bit flat & that's it. Now that you have brought that to my attention I really missed that too. I got so caught up with the intense emotional journey through The Iron Prince I forgot about all the lol moments there were in the first 3 books. I'm still a faithful fan though & will read on regardless. Hopefully the original courts & fey get a bit more of a role in the next books.

I agree with you about Ethan being a real character too. I did like him but I want to read about the fey more, I found the human relationship thing less interesting than the others in previous books, even less interesting than Keirran & Annwyl's relationship.

How good does The Iron Traitor cover look!! Well I love it. It stands out the most to me of all the Iron Fey/COTF books for whatever reason....

Italia8989 Smeghead wrote: "Yeah, you are definitely right about the lack of humour, I was trying to work out why it seemed a bit flat & that's it. Now that you have brought that to my attention I really missed that too. I go..."

I read some reviews on "Iron Traitor" (some lucky people must have gotten it early) and it seems to give the other books more justice. Yes, the cover shows just how intense Kierran is.

Nurlely Smeghead wrote: "How good does The Iron Traitor cover look!! Well I love it. It stands out the most to me of all the Iron Fey/COTF books for whatever reason.... "

All for Kieran. Who can ever ignore the son of Prince Ash and Meghan?
I didn't actually want to read the Iron Prince, but more people urge me to do so. I know that Julie Kagawa will not disappoint me by giving crappy or repetitive plot, but I was probably too consumed with Ash-Meghan to be that excited reading about Ethan-Kenzie.

But no way that I will not read more about Kierran... :)

It seems that I see you in all my fave (or less) books.. :) And Ryann too... :)

Nurlely Ryann wrote: "I was actually a bit disappointed with the first Call of the Forgotten book. I mean, it had a good plot, but I miss Meghan and Ash too much. We don't get to see them together and happy nearly as often as I wanted to, you know? But will I read Iron Prince? Hell yeah, bishes. "

Indeed. And we need more Ash-Meghan's POVs.
I will definitely read the Iron Prince. I can't surely go reading Iron Traitor without book 1. I hope Julie adds bits of Ash-Meghan in book 2.. :)

Addee Nurlely wrote: "Smeghead wrote: "How good does The Iron Traitor cover look!! Well I love it. It stands out the most to me of all the Iron Fey/COTF books for whatever reason.... "

All for Kieran. Who can ever igno..."

Haha, yes, I was thinking the same thing about you. Your name, Nurlely, is very familiar to me, like an old friend I keep bumping into. I enjoy reading your comments...

And.....

KIERRAN 4 KING!!!!!

Italia8989 Nurlely wrote: "Smeghead wrote: "How good does The Iron Traitor cover look!! Well I love it. It stands out the most to me of all the Iron Fey/COTF books for whatever reason.... "

All for Kieran. Who can ever igno..."

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I forgot to look on this thread for a while.... Anyway, yeah, I read it and it was okay. I miss the original characters being in every page. :(

Italia8989 Ryann wrote: "XD Hey there!

I was actually a bit disappointed with the first Call of the Forgotten book. I mean, it had a good plot, but I miss Meghan and Ash too much. We don't get to see them together and ha..."

'Nuff said.

Reyhaneh I actually like the call of the forgotten series. I think people concentrated too much on seeing the old characters but remember this is just a spin off. you have to let the old characters go and I looked at it like it's its own series and I enjoyed it a lot.

Nurlely Italia8989 wrote: "Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I forgot to look on this thread for a while.... Anyway, yeah, I read it and it was okay. I miss the original characters being in every page. :( "

No worries. I also read The Iron Prince because I missed all the old characters so much. I also didn't enjoy reading the series as I did the first series. Nothing beats Ash-Meghan-Puck story!