Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > FREE Children's Book Dark Fate Fallin (The Gateway Discoveries)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate de Jesus | 11 comments FREE on Amazon.com today and tomorrow (August 31st & September 1st) the first book in an action adventure series for children and middle ages, its action packed, a fun read, and just the right price! Visit Amazon.com now and download your copy, thanks!

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments I picked up my copy today. Sounds like a really fun read. I am a big fan of D.J.MacHale, Dean Lorey, John Flanagan, and Rick Riordan so this title definitely stood out to me. It kind of has that Goonies feel going on.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate de Jesus | 11 comments Hi Steven, thanks for picking up the book, I hope you like it!

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments I hope I do too :o) Who and what are your influences for this title?

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate de Jesus | 11 comments Hmmm, good question. Since this is the first book in a series I wanted to convey a certain change in the characters lives, and not necessarily for the better. They are normal kids with the ups and downs of life but the events in this first book introduce them to a twist of fate that will continue to alter the course of their 'normal' lives through the following books. I would be curious to know what you think of the title once you've read the book. I will say the titles for the second and third books came a little easier to me.
K

message 6: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 408 comments Well that does sound interesting and a well thought out plan seems to be going on with these books. I think it's interesting to look back at our childhoods and think about what the ups and downs were for us and how different things have changed for our kids, and what things seem to have not changed.