The LiteraChicks discussion

Interested in meeting?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawnie (new)

Shawnie Hello! It looks like The LiteraChicks haven't meet in quite a while. Is anyone interested in starting up, choosing/voting on books to read, and meeting again?

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (einahpets_reads) I am new to north county San Diego and would love to join a book club if you are still interested in starting up again. If it is ok for new folks to join, that is. :)

message 3: by Shawnie (new)

Shawnie Hi Stephanie! I joined, but there has been no activity other than a few others joining. What are you currently reading?

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (einahpets_reads) Right now I am reading the book club pick for Sword and Laser (another club here on goodreads), but after that I was hoping to read some Lois McMaster Bujold. I just finished her Chalion books and have the first of the Sharing Knife series (which is supposed to be romance / fantasy) downloaded and ready on my kindle. :)

How about you? What are you reading?

message 5: by Shawnie (new)

Shawnie I'm on Sword and Laser as well, but I haven't been reading their monthly picks on time. I'm also on Vaginal Fantasy and do try to read those picks on time. There is a really fun group of VF women in the Orange County area meeting up occasionally. I'll keep you posted on those meets, and maybe you can see that OC thread through my comments/posts. =)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (einahpets_reads) :) Have you ever looked at this group: http://www.meetup.com/hipchicksbookclub/ ?

I just signed up for meetup and joined the group. They are reading the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy this month; I am hoping to be able to go to one of the meetings to discuss (they have two groups and both are already 25+ with a waitlist to attend, whew). I can let you know how it goes, if I get to go this month!

message 7: by Shawnie (new)

Shawnie I'm pending with the Hip Chicks Book Club. I have read many of their pasts reads, so my tastes are similar. Yeah, let me know how it goes if you get in to the meeting. Wow, waitlists. Getting to a book club meeting is turning out to be daunting. :)