Obssessed With Harry Potter discussion

The Fault in Our Stars
This topic is about The Fault in Our Stars
Group Books > The Fault In Our Stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marrie , In love with Ron Weasley <3 <3 (last edited Aug 31, 2013 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marrie  | 723 comments Mod
Thoughts? Hide all spoilers please!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 843 comments I have this book waiting for me on my nook. I was going to read this after daughter of smoke and bone, but since this is our BOM, what the heck! I'll read it right after I finish Scarlet, which should be soon.

Prashamsa (crushy) | 529 comments i read this book because it was featured as a must-read in so many lists which contained the books i have read and loved. when i started reading this book i didn't like it at all; it made me roll out my eyes in disbelief and laugh at places i am supposed to feel sad (it is a book about cancer after all). this book was just not for me, maybe because i am way past reading teenage love stories or maybe because i found the book overrated.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really a cancer book. It's not a cancer book, it's about two normal kids who happen to have cancer. It's meant to have some humorous bits because cancer kids are just normal kids with cancer. It's meant to be realistic, humorous, thought-provoking, but sad at the same time. It annoys me when people say it's about cancer.
I, for one, enjoyed it. It was touching, beautiful and innovative. And the fact that Hazel and Augustus (nope, I am not gonna call him Gus) had flaws just made them so much more real.

message 5: by Marrie , In love with Ron Weasley <3 <3 (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marrie  | 723 comments Mod
I loved this book. It's pretty much one of my all time favorite books. I agree with Shahdia. It's not a cancer book at all. It's way better. And I, for one, found it very inspiring and touching. It's the book that made me love John Green.

message 6: by Fei (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fei (largeicecoffee) | 5 comments I do like this book even if some of my friends said it is a very simple concept. It is, I'm not a HUGE John Green fan like some people, but this was a very good book. Made me cry :)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 843 comments I just read it. And I loved it! The writing was great and so were the characters. The whole book in general made me think a lot about life and death and comedy and tragedy. Just that ending. Oh that ending!

Mayuri | 48 comments I was told that this was a good book... I think that I should read it, as controversial as your opinions are.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 843 comments It's great!!! One of my favorites :)