Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > I'm here if you need a beta-reader!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) Some author and editors mails us quite often books in order for us to read and gave our opinion on the blog.

Most recently we started to do some work as beta-readers. We are enjoying it very much.

If you are an author and you need a beta-reader, please fill free to e-mails us or leave a comment in here.
When your book gets published, we can do a review on our blog :)

flamesmr@gmail.com

Have a nice day

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Davis | 8 comments What type of genre do you prefer to read?

message 3: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) We read a lot of different types of books. Since we are 2 girls and we have different preferences, we are able to read a big variety

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Davis | 8 comments Ok-Can I send to your email?

message 5: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) Of course :)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Davis | 8 comments Just sent via e-mail. Any idea how long it will take?
Thanks!

message 7: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) no.. tomorrow I'll have a look and I'll tell you. hope I will be able to help you

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Davis | 8 comments Thanks Roberta,
I included my book cover because I just wanted to know if the design itself would capture your attention enough to want to read the book. You can ignore it if you would rather not comment about it, but thanks in advance if you do!

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Winters (wintertime) | 4 comments would you review a book in unedited manusctipt format ? its currrentlybeing edited...

message 10: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) Of course Nick :) send it :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Roberta,

My book is already released but I have just gotten it back after engaging a editor, and proof reader. I would love some feedback from a beta reader, but the novel does cover a lot of violence, scenes of torture etc. Its a vampire / romance novel, but my take on vampires (I know changing vampires does not always appeal, so my changes are small). Would this be of interest to you. I can offer PDF, and mobi files (although this is my first attempt at a mobi file).

Cheers

Dianne

message 12: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES) Dianne, I never read a vampire novel...but if you think I can be of any help, send it to me
I'll have a look

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Roberta,

I'll email you the mobi, and PDF just in case I have messed the mobi up.

Dianne

message 14: by Nick (new)

Nick Winters (wintertime) | 4 comments I shall thank you.

message 15: by Tristen (new)

Tristen Rogers | 4 comments Hello! My book is a Fantasy / Steampunk novel

The novel is completed, coming in at 106k. If that sounds like a bit to much, don't worry i can break it down into chunks of chapters to help ease the load and give you a chance to see if it is something you would be interested in reading or if you decide to DNF.

We can start with Chapters 1-5 which is about 5k.
I'll leave the synopsis and again, thank you for your consideration, I hope you enjoy the ride.

Synopsis:
Conflict boils on the precipice of all out war, as a rebel army forms alliances with pirates to tear down the ageing Avalin empire. Lord Joseph Stormwell is tasked with a dire mission: Find what the rebels are planning before they can strike.
Now with his crew consisting of a Mage and her apprentice, an old war hero turned mechanic, a fierce captain, and a newly rescued enemy soldier. Joseph must work to uncover what ancient evil the army is attempting to use before the world can be plunged into chaos.

message 16: by Allison (new)

Allison Grey (allisongrey) | 15 comments Hi guys! I have a completed historical romance set in 1879 London, featuring an earl/spy and a pickpocket as the MCs. I've done several rounds of edits already and am looking for input on characters, motivations, dialogue, plot, etc. If some steamy historical romance sounds up your alley, please let me know. Thanks!

Allison

message 17: by Molly (new)

Molly Stegall (mollystegall) | 168 comments Hello, I have recently finished my Fantasy book: Ashes of Revenge (96k words). I would describe this as a YA Fantasy book and would love to have a Beta Reader(s) read and review it! If you would only be willing/able to do a chapter or two that is fine as well!
Thank you!

Five Kingdoms and five species are on the brink of war in the land of Corrail: a territory with nothing to offer but violence and hate. When the Monstro King issues an ultimatum for the other Kingdoms to either join him or go to war, those traits intensify and the possibility of war becomes a reality. 

Trying to stop the Kingdoms from wiping out one another is Raven, a badly burned Mundus who wants nothing more than for the Mundus King to perish, her being one of his victims from his cowardice ruling. Helping her is an anxiety-ridden Shifter named Colt and Richard, an overly strict Farian.

The three different species have a simple plan: destroy the Monstro villages - a Kingdom known for its terrifying nights, brutal King, and horrific subjects - and work their way across the map until a new Mundus Ruler is crowned and the threat of war is gone. However, their plot is halted when Death derails their path and causes them to go into the Mundus Kingdom, not liking them destroying his favorite of the Kingdoms. The trio changes tactics but keeps their initial goal at the forefront: revenge and peace.  

Please PM me :)

message 18: by P.N. (new)

P.N. Shafa (nataliashafa) | 7 comments Howdy :)

I don't know if you're still taking readers, but I'm in search of my 2nd round of beta readers for what I believe to be a fairly polished dark sci-fi comedy.

In the near future, the ultra elite flee a climate ravaged Earth to the safe haven of a Martian colony, leaving the remainder of the population in apocalyptic chaos. The book follows the two societies, one which has run from its mistakes, and the other which must meet them head on.

Let me know if you have any interest!

Best,

Natalia

message 19: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Miller | 106 comments Hi Roberta, would you be interested in a romantic suspense novel?

It's about a female detective that reopens an old murder case.
The problem is right from the start she's hitting every roadblock available.
And someone is making it very clear they don't want the case to leave the cold case archives.

Thanks,
Brooke

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany T | 8 comments Hello,

I am looking for someone to Beta Read the final draft of my 5k word short story "A League of Her Own." This is the story of a woman named Kaydence who has always felt like an outsider. She spent the first ten years of her life in orphanage with no knowledge of who her parents are. Then, one day, she receives a letter from her long-lost mother, which propels Kaydence on a journey of self discovery.

Please let me know if you are interested.

message 21: by Wil (new)

Wil Cooper | 25 comments Hello, I’m in search of beta readers for the first draft of my 100k word sci-fi novel, LITTLE GREEN MEN, which is currently published on Wattpad.

Blurb:
As nineteen-year-old Alex Dash cares for his six-year-old twin siblings, Henry and Annabelle, he is forced to navigate a post-cataclysmic world full of hostile entities. Dogs that seem more aware than they ought to, sentient plant-life, nomads aimlessly wandering...
Rescued by a farming colony called Community, Alex meets Eva Monroe. She is mysterious, but also familiar somehow.
When Alex sees strange lights in the fields, he begins asking questions that no one seems willing to answer. Together, Alex and Eva discover a secret. A secret that no one in Community saw coming...or did they?

https://my.w.tt/JiEsvhv8Dcb

message 22: by Rishika (new)

Rishika Rawat | 10 comments Hi! I'm seeking Betas for my Sci Fi Ya Novel of about 100k words. Here's the synopsis.

In the ambitious country of Ethnos, a raze of 'accidents' is taking the City. When her sisters succumb to one, the 16 year old hacker and rebel, Laurel Alair begins to plot. She and her partner, Jeffy Milave, a curious mind with his own intentions, plans to sabotage a system so old that a step out of line could send them behind bars or worse, to the graves.
Under every conspiracy runs deeper waters, and this is no exception. In the end, Jeffy and Laurel find themselves stumbling in a game... with no clue which side they play for...

Thanks in advance!

message 23: by John (new)

John Harrigan | 7 comments Hi Roberta. I'm seeking beta reads for the final draft of my 97 k historical thriller GOODBYE INNOCENCE.

An angry bride plots the rescue of her groom who was taken hostage in the 1979-81 Iranian Hostage Crisis.

If this is the type of book you'd like to see, please reply or email me at harriganjj@gmail.com