Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Gotham Quills & Quims (NYC Hangout)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 300 (300 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Lecta (last edited Dec 11, 2014 04:14PM) (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Thought a new start for our new name would be appropriate. Find current info for the NYC Hangout here (I hope).

We now meet at The Crocodile Lounge on the Lower East Side on one Saturday per book.

Get your gear here: http://www.zazzle.com/cochrancj?Group...

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments In case anyone is looking for something to do this afternoon, the NYC group is having our 10th meetup!!!

Argo Tea - University and 11th, right by Union Sq
4pm
We'll be there for at least an hour or two, discussing the August picks and whatever else strikes our fancy.

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Aaaaaand we've got a date for next month!

Gotham Quills & Quims
Saturday, September 28th
4pm
Argo Tea - University & 11th, near Union Square

We'll talk about the September book picks and let discussion wander from there!

message 4: by Gigi (new)

Gigi (g4tinspiration) oh cool I might join you guys

message 5: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Can someone who has permission add the Gotham Quills & Quims Hangout for this month to the events please?

message 6: by Oshun (new)

Oshun When and where is the next meetup? Please.

Sarah wrote: "Thought a new start for our new name would be appropriate. Find current info for the NYC Hangout here (I hope).

Get your gear here: http://www.zazzle.com/cochrancj?Group......"

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Our next meeting is on Saturday, September 28th at 4pm at Argo Tea (University & 11th, near Union Square)

message 8: by Oshun (new)

Oshun Carolyn wrote: "Our next meeting is on Saturday, September 28th at 4pm at Argo Tea (University & 11th, near Union Square)"

Thanks!!

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Sarah wrote: "Can someone who has permission add the Gotham Quills & Quims Hangout for this month to the events please?"

I just send a message to Vicky, so hopefully it gets added soon! Thanks for giving me the heads up, I hadn't checked that page in a while.

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Bumping this up so I see you all at the meeting tomorrow!

4pm, Argo Tea, Union Sq

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Info for October meetup!

Saturday, Oct. 26th
4pm (we'll be there for a while, if you need to come late!)
Argo Tea, Univeristy & 11th

Hope to see you there!

message 12: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Anyone going to NYCC this Thursday? I MAY be going. Still unsure.

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments I'm going, but not on Thursday :( Have fun!

message 14: by Rigel (new)

Rigel | 27 comments I'm not going, but my brother-in-law and a bunch of his friends are going. Also a friend of mine (Ian) has a booth in the podcast area. Another buddy of mine, Jacob Chabot, is a comic book artist who I think will be there.

message 15: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Hope to see everyone tomorrow afternoon! 4pm, Argo Tea. I've got a logo bag with autographs to show off!

message 16: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments No meet up in November due to conflicting schedules, but we'll see you in December!

Saturday, December 7th
4pm
Argo Tea, University &11th

We'll talk about the November books and ramble on from there :)

Also, I think that will mark a year from our first meet up? Go us!

message 17: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Quills & Quims gear is available here: http://www.zazzle.com/cochrancj?Group...

Ahem. D. :D

message 18: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Since we were talking about it last meeting, I set us up a Facebook Fan Page.

https://www.facebook.com/GothamQuills...

message 19: by Rigel (new)

Rigel | 27 comments Since we have two members who are going to be participating in the Village Halloween Parade tomorrow, I thought I would put out an invitation to hangout near by. I will be at Coyote Ugly at First Ave between 9th and 10th st. Come on by and have a few drinks, either before or after the parade.

message 20: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments I'll be there!

message 21: by Rigel (new)

Rigel | 27 comments Halloween drinking was awesome. Sarah and Chris's costume was amazing, even without the skirt. I hope that I wasn't too much of a drunken idiot.

message 22: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Just saw the hangout is going to be tomorrow night - duh, it's almost December!!

Library still has not come through with a copy of The Other Boleyn Girl, and I didn't read the first Poison Princess book, so it'll just be a fun watching experience for me, having no opinions about the books. I always get a little sad when I really like the book and one of the girls doesn't!! Plus sometimes their opinions make sense and then I like the book a little less than I didn before :/

Who's month is it next? Do we think they'll have a holiday-themed pick?

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments I have an extra paper copy of The Other Boylen Girl if you need it. And I really liked it. So much so, I'm continuing the series!

message 24: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments I just checked - it's finally in transit!! Thanks though.

message 25: by Carly (new)

Carly (carlylane) | 9 comments I am actually going to make it to this month's hangout! Fingers crossed at least. :D

message 26: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Just a reminder that out meetup is tomorrow at 4pm! Hope to see you all there.

message 27: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Glad to see everyone on Saturday!!! Here's the info for January - we're only talking about the main pick, Guilty Pleasures, so hopefully we're all able to get that read!

Gotham Quills and Quims
Saturday, January 4th
4pm
Argo Tea (Univeristy & 11th)

See you all then! Have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

message 28: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments I forgot to mention at the meetup that the hubbs and I are doing our annual game day/dumplings & other assorted appetizer buffet festivities on New Years' Eve. We'll be at it pretty much all day and (hopefully) right up until midnight if anyone wants to drop in. It's a day of booze, way too much food, Twilight Zone on the tv and competition :)

message 29: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments I'll be there in spirit! Fiance and I are headed back to MI and my parents house, but we have very similar plans. My family tradition is to make wontons and play some sort of game - usually Star Wars Monopoly or Phase 10. We have to make sure to get a good night's sleep since we're going to the Winter Classic hockey game the next day!

message 30: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Lol. That sounds fantastic! Holiday game day tradition has always been my favorite - and much more appealing than standing around in the freezing cold or attending some sort of non-game-revolving-around party. Games and wrapped finger foods ftw!

message 31: by Carly (new)

Carly (carlylane) | 9 comments Oooh, that sounds like fun. I don't have any New Year's plans (stuck working on NYE this year) so maybe I'll swing by!

message 32: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Sweet!

message 33: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Those plans are weirdly similar. I'll have to ask the boys if they made any plans without telling me. I'll let you know.

message 34: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Hey, Carolyn. If you don't mind having two more Chris' in your house for the night, we'd love to come hang out for New Year's.

message 35: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Of course! Just shoot me a text or message for directions.

message 36: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Hope everyone had a good New Year!! Bumping this thread up a little late due to travel delays, but hope to see you all this afternoon!

message 37: by Rigel (new)

Rigel | 27 comments Since it looks like we forgot to post when the next meeting is, and I'm not 100% sure when we agreed on. I will not be able to make it this month, just started work and classes start up up week after next.

message 38: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Feb 1st at 4. Yay, back to work!

message 39: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Hey all! Next month's hangout will be Saturday March 1st at 4pm at Argo Tea Cafe near 14th St. I'll get there at 4:30 as usual.

I know Carolyn already bought the main, but based on the comments, it seems like the alt might be more enjoyable (and shorter). Thoughts?

Also, let's read this some month as a bonus book:
http://imgur.com/gallery/11LjkNa

message 40: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Whaaat?! How has this not been an official VF book yet?! I'm in!

message 41: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Hey, all. International Tabletop Day is on April 5th this year and I volunteer to host the festivities again. We will be moving out of BFE in a couple of weeks, so getting there will be even more convenient. Same deal as last year - snacks & games & certificates of awesomeness.

message 42: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments I'm in. And I'm officially voting to read the alt book because I'm two books behind my goal already. :| Shorter book and more sex (I think).

message 43: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments I started the main pick - and stayed up really late last night because I didn't want to stop reading. It's actually funny and I'm liking the writing.

Whichever book the group reads - it looks like we'll be able to discuss!

message 44: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Woo-hoo, $1.99 on Kindle! Bought the main and will start soon, request for the alt is in the library system.

Aaaaaaand looks like I requested the main from the library too. Oops. Anyone need to borrow it?

message 45: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Me! I'd like to borrow it. I guess I'll read the long book. I'm glad you're liking it, Carolyn.

message 46: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Ok, finally picked it up! I'll be at work in the Union Sq area on Tuesday from 11-8ish if you want to meet up and grab it?

message 47: by Lecta (new)

Lecta | 87 comments Sounds perfect. I'll send you a text when I'm down there tomorrow.

message 48: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Cool! I'll try and keep an eye on my phone, but let me give you the address just in case - 34 W 15th st, between 5th & 6th, Lion Brand Yarn Studio.

message 49: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresatronic) | 36 comments Thanks for reminding me to get the book Carolyn. I'm sorry I missed the last meet-up! I've just moved to NYC and had to do emergency hardware run. Looking forward to seeing everyone on 1st Mar.

message 50: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Cochran | 164 comments Don't forget: the March meetup is today. Same bat time, same bat place.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6