The Humour Club discussion

Group Reads > Monthly Dose-O-Discworld - Feet of Clay

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki | 3515 comments Mod
The City Guard has a real mystery on its hands this time around. A killer is stalking Ankh-Morpork!

It's up to Vimes and Carrot and some of the other well-loved characters to get to the bottom of things.

Sounds like another great Discworld adventure.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 2420 comments Mod
I have that one cued up! Unless it was one of the library books that expired. Anyway, I love the Guard, almost as much as the witches. And Death. And...

message 3: by Melki (new)

I have my usual four-dollar used copy. I'm kind of looking forward to this one.

message 4: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Smith | 686 comments The City Watch books have all been pretty good eh? I think I like The Watch...*steps back*...maybe even more than the witches?

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Mine was expired. I have to get it out of the library again and get started. So many books, so little time. . .except all that time that I'm supposed to be using to write my own books.

message 6: by Melki (new)

This one is up next for me, though I'm currently only about a quarter of the way throughNOS4A2, so it may be a while yet.

message 7: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Smith | 686 comments I'm working on a finger crusher as well, so it may be closer to the end of the month before we get to talkin' 'bout this book, eh?

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Got my copy last night. But I've got a couple others going, so yeah, late in the month.

Is anyone out there reading these besides us three at this point?

message 9: by Zack (new)

Zack | 35 comments I'll be starting on it by the end of the week.

message 10: by Melki (new)

All right! Looks like Zack can lead the discussion this month!

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

I might get to it next week. My kindergarten challenge book is going fast.

message 12: by Zack (new)

Zack | 35 comments Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby. ...I'll make sure to use my highlighter.

message 13: by Melki (new)

Had to look up Ricky Bobby. I'm more familiar with Dewey Cox.

message 14: by Zack (new)

Zack | 35 comments Yeah sorry, it wa a Michael Clarke Duncan quote that stuck with me ever since I saw Talladega Nights.

message 15: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Smith | 686 comments "If you ain't first, you're last. You know, you know what I'm talking about? " - Ricky Bobby
That is one of the sayings I repeat to my children daily, sometimes twice daily!

Don't feel any pressure when leading this discussion Zack, the bar is pretty low...just look at the few I've done. Haha.

message 16: by Melki (new)

Finished!

Well, I don't know if it was the wrong book at the wrong time or just that I secretly wanted to be reading something else, but this one just didn't "do" me. I liked Cheery Littlebottom and Angua, Vimes trying not to drink, and the Golem business. I couldn't stand Nobby or the Dragon King/Coat of Arms storyline. Was neutral on the poisoning thing. Enjoyed some of the lines like: "We can rebuild him. We have the pottery!" BUT, on the whole, I couldn't wait for this one to end.

Better luck next month, eh?

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

It's true I'm lagging on this one. I assumed it was just me stretching myself too thin. Which it might be.

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

a "thinking brain dog." I'm loving that!

message 19: by Melki (new)

Uh, oh. Where'd Zack go? Hope we didn't scare him away by threatening to make him lead the discussion. You can always lead a group read discussion the way I do, which is to make the announcement, "Okay, I finished the book if anybody wants to talk about it."

Come back, Zack?

(Was that a Dr. Suess book?)