Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > What's Your Favorite Book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Beaufait (eroseb) | 6 comments Well I asked so that I new some great books to read in the future and because I'm interested!! Mine, for example, is The Mortal Instrument series. And I recommend it:)

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Tough question since there are tons of books I love!!! Most recent favorite has to be Reboot (Reboot, #1) by Amy Tintera

message 3: by Jay (new)

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I recently loved The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam (saaam) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin and Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout :)

message 6: by Michael (last edited Aug 31, 2013 10:33AM) (new)

Michael Thal (goodreadscommichael_thal) | 30 comments I just finished reading "When the Wind Blow" by James Patterson. I loved it and just started reading its sequel, "The Lake House."

When the Wind Blows (When the Wind Blows, #1) by James Patterson

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments I loved the book The Sky Is Everywhere It is an awesome book!

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Impossible for me to answer this questions because I love the majority of the books I read. Be easier for me to tell you what NOT to read, lol. But if you're into series I would highly recommend the Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout ( Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and book 5 next year Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ) or the Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins ( Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins and Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3) by Wendy Higgins ).

Feel Free to check out my "Read" shelf for more books....

message 9: by Shana (new)

Shana Harris | 200 comments Stephen King books

message 10: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) I LOVE Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas by Sarah J. Maas, which is the first book in a 6-part series, though only the first two are published so far :(

message 11: by Sofiraindrop (new)

Sofiraindrop | 470 comments I love Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol by Amy A. Bartol and the other books in the series

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (flyingmonkey22) | 38 comments So many books hmmm... Mine has to be trudi canavan's black magician trilogy loved it since my teens. I think I have re read that trilogy about 6 times over. Also cate tiernan's sweep series I have loved for many years :)

message 13: by Tiaan (new)

Tiaan Botha (tiaan191) | 3 comments Mine is Perks of Being a Wallflower ;) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie (tiarose) Abigail wrote: "I loved the book The Sky Is Everywhere It is an awesome book!"

Yes it was really good!

message 15: by -RininTa- (new)

-RininTa- (rinz) | 1090 comments My all time favorite Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3) by Colleen Houck Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4) by Colleen Houck . These series is really amazing! Full of adventure and very romantic.

Recently favorite: Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout . I read this book recently and I love them so much!

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments SO hard but I'd have to say the Lux Series: Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick out my absolute favorite of the four I've read so far. Unfortunately, I have to wait until 2014 for book five to come out. Ugh...

message 17: by Dahiany (new)

Dahiany (clockworkocean) | 10 comments Clockwork Prince!

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie (tiarose) Gisette ♥ wrote: "Clockwork Prince!"

I love that book!

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Yin (paigeyin) | 168 comments Katie wrote: "Gisette ♥ wrote: "Clockwork Prince!"

I love that book!"

One of my favorite series! Oh the feels~!!

message 20: by Harmony (new)

Harmony | 163 comments Angelfall by Susan Ee Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee This is one of my all time favorite books. Action, romance, and so many fangirling moments. . . good times, good times; it's so good.

message 21: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas series and the Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout series!! :D

message 22: by T a L i T z (new)

T a L i T z (gelahvonschweetz) The greywolves series at the moment . Gots lots of favourite books but this one is my current favourite

message 23: by Suzieq (new)

message 24: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Oh wow, I am with a lot of you.
Cassandra Clare is my absolute favorite author so all her books are my favorites.
Jennifer L. Armentrout is a genius I love her Lux series.
and Michele Hodkin is brilliant. I'm just upset they pushed the date for The Retribution of Mara Dyer so far away.

message 25: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Myers | 127 comments Ill be honest here... I have way too many to choose from. I love too many books

message 26: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (tezbuzz) | 46 comments I have so many favourites but to list a few:
The Lord of the rings by JRR Tolkien
The coram boy by Jamilla Gavin
Pushing the limits by Kate McGarry
Harry Potter series
The fault in our stars by john green
The hunger games trilogy
His dark materials by Philip Pullman
Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix.
Throne of glass by Sarah j Maas

Plenty more but those are the first ones into my head.

message 27: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (TOMS_A_TREKKIE) | 10 comments I have to say more then one:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3) by Suzanne Collins
The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4) by Stephenie Meyer
Maximum Ride Five-Book Set by James Patterson
and lots more that I can't think of

message 28: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 52 comments I don't just have one I have many but here's a few of them:
Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades, #1-3) by E.L. James Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn

message 29: by Jojobean (new)

message 30: by brooke1994 (last edited Dec 18, 2013 03:04PM) (new)

- ̗̀  jess  ̖́- (kazbrekkers) | 71 comments The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

those are my top four but oh my god it is incredible how many favorite books i have

message 32: by bhaveesha (new)

bhaveesha | 29 comments Right now i love the Bloodlines series

message 33: by Celine (new)

Celine Angelica | 2 comments I would say the Infernal Devices trilogy but if was a stand alone, I'd say Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenburg. You'd have to give it a chance. I love it. And if you'd ask me for books set in another country, definitely Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins ^_^

message 34: by Non-stop Reader (new)

Non-stop Reader Vicki wrote: "SO hard but I'd have to say the Lux Series: Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOrigin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick out my absolu..."

I totally agree with you! I love everything about this series especially daemon and I can't wait to read the other two books of this series =)I think with every book it's getting better and better *__* have you already read obsession?

message 35: by Sajid (new)

message 36: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Forgot to post on this thread!

My new all time favorite book is Every Day by David Levithan It was sooo good!

message 37: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 29 comments Harmony wrote: "Angelfall by Susan EeAngelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee This is one of my all time favorite books. Action, romance, and so many fangirling moments. . . good times, good times; it's so good."

Yay! Someone with the same love for this series as me!!! The obsession I have been dealing with kind of came out of nowhere. Really, while reading Angelfall I liked it a lot, but it wasn't like I was fangirling already. No, it was when I was done reading and had moved onto another series that I realized I was ruined. I couldn't stop thinking of it! I STILL can't! I just love it too much :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

message 38: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 29 comments Oops! I didn't put my favorite... which is more than just one ;P

As much as I love Angelfall (expressed in the comment above), I have others that I can never get enough of. Like these...
Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2) by Elizabeth Chandler Firespell and Hexbound (The Dark Elite, #1-2) by Chloe Neill Sweep Volume 1 (Sweep, #1-3) by Cate Tiernan

message 39: by Ann (new)

Ann Peter Nimble!!! Not a very popular book but very good

message 40: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (Booknerd01) | 10 comments I'd have to say The Lunar Chronicles. I fell in love with Cinder, the first book, from the first chapter, which is difficult for me to do.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 156 comments City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare I'm love Cassandra Clare's books!!! Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10) by Meg Cabot If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 42: by Lisa :-) (new)

Lisa :-) Oh I have so many! But the first ones that spring to mind are: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7) by J.K. Rowling

message 43: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Knittle | 12 comments Such a hard question. One of my all time favorites is The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams

message 44: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Miller (findmyfairytale) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell- it's so absolutely moving and beautiful.

message 45: by Sadie (new)

Sadie Cahill (sadieisaweirdperson) | 236 comments no one knows this book series exist and it pains me to announce this to the world oh but the movie is popular.

How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1) by Cressida Cowell

message 46: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Miller (findmyfairytale) Sadie wrote: "no one knows this book series exist and it pains me to announce this to the world oh but the movie is popular.

OH MY GOD THAT EXISTS?! Is it amazing?!

message 47: by Mattina (new)

Mattina Contreras | 1 comments I love
Hush hush series
the Grisha series
Lux series
Covenant series
I think I will love the books that will come after red rising by pierce brown
Shatter me series

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 03, 2014 04:22PM) (new)

message 49: by Pang (last edited Mar 30, 2014 08:39PM) (new)

message 50: by Doireann (new)

Doireann | 5 comments Most recently, Eleanor and Park is my favourite book! If you like adorable love stories you will love reading it!

« previous 1