UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > The State Of My Drawers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Ullah | 75 comments Had to laugh at myself today. I released a snippet of the second book in my Toff Towers trilogy and it made me stop and think about the contents of my own "lingerie" drawers. Here's the snippet:

Saturday 17th March

Blingo is taking me for drinks and dinner this evening. That can only mean one thing. Yes. That. I had better go out and purchase some new lingerie a.s.a.p. Of course, in the old days, when I was modelling for the Bone Idol Agency, I used to be given some lovely items of nightwear; and I used to adore wearing them. Each design had a glamorous name such as “Letitia” or “Cassandra”. I just checked my current collection and can report I am in possession of a “Doris”, several “Beryls” and what can only be described as a “Maude”. These old favourites have served me well during my marriage to Jack. Oh yes, they have kept him at bay very satisfactorily. However, even though bonking is not something I particularly enjoy, the least I can do, for Blingo’s sake, is try to look the part.

Have to confess to being in posesseion of at least one "Doris" - what state are your drawers in?

message 2: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 1674 comments Lol. That is wonderful. I bet sexy undies wouldn't sell quite so well if they were given less glamorous names.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I think mine are Black Bettys.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Ullah | 75 comments Thank you Alexandra; glad it made you laugh. I'd love to be the person who came up with the names actually...perhaps I'd have a book related range which might accurately describe the colour of most of my older "white" items - Fifty Shades Of Grey!

Check you out Gingerlily - Black Bettys indeed - you saucy minx!

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments Some of mine are big enough and old enough to have hyphenated surnames but my daughter's aren't big enough to find a place to put a peg in on the washing line. I do have a few lacy items but they've probably got cobwebs on!

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21940 comments Lynne (Tigger's Mum) wrote: "Some of mine are big enough and old enough to have hyphenated surnames but my daughter's aren't big enough to find a place to put a peg in on the washing line. I do have a few lacy items but they'v..."

LOL

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I do my teenager's washing.

After my ex's attire, it has been an education.

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Lynne (Tigger's Mum) wrote: "Some of mine are big enough and old enough to have hyphenated surnames but my daughter's aren't big enough to find a place to put a peg in on the washing line. I do have a few lacy items but they'v..."

My Mother on many occassion does bemoan the difficultly of hanging my clothes on the washing line due to lack of space for pegs or general "this just makes my stuff look like whale clothing"

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Talking of knickers reminded me of a time when a friend, I used to work with, had run out of clean knickers so she borrowed a pair of her mums. Her mum was a fair bit larger than her and they were the airtex ones. She pulled them up and they came all the way up to her chest, it really made us laugh.

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments hahah aw. i would never be able to borrow my mothers. she wears the more highwaisted ones and im sure they'd fall off me. my mother is not big but she is much curvier than me

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments I went for tea at my boyfriend's parents, and tipped a hot cup of tea all down myself, (not nerves - I'd been to an afterworks drinks party and was more than slightly tiddly). Anyway future ma-in-law had to lend me some clothes. She was about 4 stone heavier and a foot shorter, I gratefully put her dress on and wrapped it round twice and had to borrow a safetypin to keep her drawers up! . She never really took to me and I don't know why ;o)