Reading Buddy Style discussion

To-read partners > October To-Read Partners

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
Partners will be randomly assigned. Each partner will chose a book from their partner's to-read shelf (or any other shelf you choose, such as "owned", "ebooks", etc.,) to read for the month.

If you wish to participate for October, please comment below. Partners will be announced on or around September 20.

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin (karindem55) I'm in! Please use my Help Me Decide shelf http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Me too! Working to clear out the books I already own: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 5: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Leaney (beanieleaney) | 7 comments I'm up for it again x

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
Partners are:
Megan and Katrina
Karin and Kate

Please post your book selections and how you like it on this discussion.

message 7: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Leaney (beanieleaney) | 7 comments I'm reading The Help, chosen for me by Megan

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
Katrina chose Still Alice for me

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily From Karin's recommendation, I'm going to be reading Before I Go To Sleep

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin (karindem55) I'm going to be reading Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain per Kate's recommendation.

message 11: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Leaney (beanieleaney) | 7 comments I'm sorry Megan, it's not often I can't finish a book, but I really couldn't get into The Help, sorry!

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia Mc | 3 comments im in

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
Sorry Julia, but partners for October were already chosen. But you can sign up for November.

message 14: by Karin (new)

Karin (karindem55) I finished Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain chosen by Kate (a day it early - it was still September - does that count?!?!).

Despite the difficult subject matter, I found the book to be a quick read - yet kind of depressing (which Kate warned me about). Thanks for the suggestion Kate.

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Finished Before I Go To Sleep! Didn't actually take me that long to read, but I didn't get to start it until almost the end of the month. (Why must all of my library holds come up within days of each other?!)

Really enjoyable mystery. I had an idea of "whodunnit" pretty early on, but I didn't quite have it right. Totally okay, though. I don't mind being surprised. :)

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 217 comments Mod
I'm a few days late, but October was superbusy for me! I really enjoyed Still Alice. It was sad, which I figured it would be. Thanks for the suggestion Katrina!