Just the Way YOU are! discussion

Let's Talk about it > Insecurities

Comments Showing 1-50 of 174 (174 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Everyone is beautiful, but it is hard for each of us to see it in ourselves. I find it easier to talk about it, and let myself breath for a little while, until i fill back up again. Its like im a bottle and my problems are soda. If I slowly start to fill up and focus on things that worry, or scare me or whatever, im going to burst! So...if there is anything that is really bothering you or you are feeling insecure and unsure about your self, this is your chance to empty your bottle, or maybe just pour out a little. No judging, just encouragement and support from those who care :)

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Wow, that was beautifully said, Keanna :)

message 3: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments *takes deep breath*
This is really hard for me to share because it embarrasses me so much...My hands get really cold/clamy or sweaty, when I am nervous or, in a slightly uncomfortable situation....
It was really embarrassing one time when I was in an acting group in school that was supposed to give kids positive messages out life, and i had to hold a boys hand during our groups act and he was like "eww my hand is soaked" *lump in throat-so embarrassed* he said it in front of everyone and he looked at me with disgust... *takes breath*
I like achool but there are somedays that I just want to cry because I am just so ashamed of myself and think I am weird and that no guy will like me and will never want to hold my sweaty hands...*sighs*

message 4: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Sierra wrote: "Wow, that was beautifully said, Keanna :)"

message 5: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments I have some of those days where I don't want to talk because I get so insecure about my voice... I've got a reduced lisp but I can hear it when I talk and I've got this weird half Scottish half English accent. I get so embarrassed when people bring it up and make fun of people who have lisps when I'm around and it makes me just not want to talk anymore

message 6: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments Thanks I'll try that

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments @Keanna, I feel like my hands get like that too sometimes. But if a guy really likes you, then he should accept every part of you, including your hands. Okay, I just read over that and realized how corny it sounds, but ignore the corniness and think about what I'm saying :)

@Mhairi, I sometimes feel like that too. I get insecure about my smile as well.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) @Mhairi, I can understand that. I stutter a lot and have had speech therapy for it, but I still notice it. I hate giving presentations because I'm afraid people will make fun of me.

message 9: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments @Sierra, yeah I know but it is still is embarrassing..and the other really embarrassing thing is that I sometimes I get light headed in health class and I have fainted 2 times.., once I had left to go to the bathroom and splash some water on my face, but I blacked out in the hallway and hit my head on a bench, just below my eyebrow...luckily I didnt need stitches..

message 10: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Shyam wrote: "@Mhairi: Try it like five times every three hours or so.

@Keanna: Ouch! Have any idea why you get light headed?"

its the subjects of diseases and that it could happen to me and what happens to your body (in great detail)..but his year it has been better! :) I am proud of my self..but its still embarrassing...I mean, the school principal even said I was like a fainting goat! Talk about low selfesteem....

message 11: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Kill your principal slowly and painfully and then feed his remains to the wolves.

message 12: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Sorry to hear that. Fainting is not fun it has only happened to me once and my mom was holding me up but I still banged my head and feet into stuff and it freaked me out cause I was losing control and I thought I was dying.

message 13: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yeah..its a weird feeling, you start to see black spot and all of a sudden..BOOM you're out. Then you wake up and it felt like a second you were out when it couldve been who knows how long..
@Shyam only if you're comfortable.. but my real condition is sweating...

message 14: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Kill your principal slowly and painfully and then feed his remains to the wolves."

Haha wont have to he left last year :D

message 15: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) It happened slowly for me. I started feeling lightheaded and started seeing spots and then I just couldn't see and I started hearing a ringing in my ears and I was like "Mom I can't see, I need to lie down" and she started guiding me and suddenly I banged my head into something and everybody was like no put just sit him down on the chair and suddenly I was out but then I was back and I could kinda see and they were leading me back to the chair I had been sitting in.

message 16: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments @erin I hate presentations and whenever I have to talk in class I try to get it over with as fast as I can and get soooo nervous about doing it, i think thats why i like playing musical instruments u don't have to speak u can let your music express your feelings. i went to speech therapy once it didn't really help but they gave me a pack of stuff to do when I'm at home and that's helping

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) I love playing musical instruments too. Speech Therapy helped in Elementary school but it didn't help last year.

message 18: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Shyam wrote: "Well only if it helps I'd say...... Sweating from the palms right? It's actually a body mechanism. It's a way your body regulates heat. I'm not sure how you stop it."

Yeah it is.. I have a medication for it, its a liquid that I put on my hands and feet at night and it seems to be helping, a little..but I guess I just need to realise that its one of my imperfections and everybody has them... God made me the way I am for a reason, there must be something good tha will come from it... but even after understanding that, it is hard to remember it in the moment when you are feeling embarrassed or insecure... :/

message 19: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments @erin cool what instrument do u play ???

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) @Mhairi, I play trumpet and piano. You?

message 21: by Keanna (last edited Aug 31, 2013 10:30AM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Demonhunter wrote: "It happened slowly for me. I started feeling lightheaded and started seeing spots and then I just couldn't see and I started hearing a ringing in my ears and I was like "Mom I can't see, I need to ..."

Yeah for me it was pretty quick...I think, cause I was out and dont really know how much time passed..but I remember waking up and 3 teachers and a few students were standing over me. I was told later that a kid had seen me fall when when he was in the hallway and told the teacher..but the teacher's whole class had heared wat happened and I was so embarrassed! I wanted to go home but my parents were both at work and couldnt pick me uo so I had to walk around to the rest of my classes with a bandaid over my eyebrow. Then, as if my day couldn't get any worse, I had to go to a meeting for that acting group I mention eariler..with the guy who was mean about my hands...probably worst day of my life... :/

message 22: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments I play the drums and I'm trying to learn guitar and piano

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) @Mhairi, cool!

message 24: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments @Shyam
Yeah I guess it is more like what makes us different... no I dont think your hearbeat is an imperfection. How come that happens? If you dont mind me asking...

message 25: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments I dont play any instruments but I want to learn to play guitar and harmonica.. :T

message 26: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Hmm interesting. Well I wouldnt think of that as an imperfection :1

message 27: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I am learning guitar.

message 28: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) Same here and my rhythm needs a lot of work. I played a song in front of people once and it was horrible.

message 29: by Keanna (last edited Aug 31, 2013 11:22AM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yeah I can only do chords..well I could but I dont have a guitar, its my sisters and I've forgotten how to play :T

message 30: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Insecure about like almost everything about me

message 31: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I am usually really secure about performing but music is new for me.

message 32: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments I get embarrassed because I stutter when I talk andi use the word "like" a lot.,. For example in class today I had to answer a question and (first of all it was one of thoee moments when the teacher calls on you when you arent paying attention for one second) and I didnt know how to phrase my answer so I stuttered a little, and afterwards a girl leand ofpver to me and said "like like like like.....haha" and I wasnt embarrassed until she said something. :/

message 33: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Agh I'm sorry. Punch her. In the jaw.

message 34: by Keanna (last edited Sep 04, 2013 08:07PM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Agh I'm sorry. Punch her. In the jaw."

Yeah..but the thing that hurts is I considered her a friend, I mean we dont hang out much but we are friends...so it hurt me to hear her say that..and maybe she meant it jokingly, but it still hurt... :(

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh don't sweat that sweetie I say like ALL the time
I talk like a valley girl and sometimes I get made fun of but who cares lolll

message 36: by E.j. (new)

E.j. | 127 comments Keanna wrote: "I get embarrassed because I stutter when I talk andi use the word "like" a lot.,. For example in class today I had to answer a question and (first of all it was one of thoee moments when the teache..."

The girl was probably just jealous that you knew the answer and she had no clue. Girls will do that when they feel threatened by another girls intelligence. I'm a girl, and it's happened a lot. ESPECIALLY from people I considered friends. You're just so amazing she saw you as a target. Just keep being amazing and know that you're killing her just by doing that!!! :)

message 37: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Dominique wrote: "Oh don't sweat that sweetie I say like ALL the time
I talk like a valley girl and sometimes I get made fun of but who cares lolll"

Haha thanks..yeah it doesnt bother me too much, just when someone points it out, then it bothers me... :/

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's funny
I laugh and say yup
I use fillers but you can never shut me up ;))

message 39: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments E.j. wrote: "Keanna wrote: "I get embarrassed because I stutter when I talk andi use the word "like" a lot.,. For example in class today I had to answer a question and (first of all it was one of thoee moments ..."

Lol thanks E.j.! Though I hardly had a clue cause I didn't hear the question for that one second I wasn't paying attention.., :1 ugh I hate that...but yeah I know what you mean about the threatening thing.

message 40: by Keanna (last edited Sep 04, 2013 08:24PM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Lol Dominique :P

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

;DD

message 42: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Aræl wrote: "I guess I'm a little insecure, paranoid, and have problems with trusting a lot of people… I guess I have a little bit of trust issues when it comes to people I've met or am friends with, but once a..."

Yeah Aræl, I know how you feel, I have trust issues too... :1

message 43: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Aræl {I'm Sonic's Biggest Fan Ever!!!} wrote: "Keanna wrote: "Aræl wrote: "I guess I'm a little insecure, paranoid, and have problems with trusting a lot of people… I guess I have a little bit of trust issues when it comes to people I've met or..."

Exactly! Totally the same! Although, recently friendships have been a little complicated, so a little trust faltering there.. :/

message 44: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yeah I guess so! Hahaha :)

message 45: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments I get insecure because of my acne..I mean its not that bad but I hate it.. :(

does anybody else get so worried about something that it makes them so sick that they wannna throw up...? Sometimes...yeah I get really self conscious and worried what others think of me...
In a perfect world I could be carefree...

message 46: by the fire burns (new)

the fire burns inside me (emgemlovescallieboo) | 50 comments I'm insecure about everything that has to do with my appearance except my eyes.

message 47: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 161 comments Mod
Aww don't worry guys you are all beautiful and unique in your own way

message 48: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments There are some days, too many days, that I just cant stand myself...

message 49: by Kenya (last edited Sep 16, 2013 03:01PM) (new)

Kenya S. (KentyKettleCornPoppingPhantom) | 5 comments the fire burns wrote: "I'm insecure about everything that has to do with my appearance except my eyes."

Me too! Well, My eyes and my hair.
Worst thing is when I'm not wearing shoes and people look at my feet. It makes me just want to shrink and die.
And yeah, I get how weird that sounds..

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Still super insecure about my... body in general... im also just insecure about my personality and how others view me... even if someone just seems to have a lotta confidence, i think they must be judging me and gossping about me... so i come across as a b*tch when I dont say much...

« previous 1 3 4