Bookworm Buddies discussion

Bookworm Chatter > A new Blog

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 14025 comments Mod
Ok guys, I finally decided to get a new blog/website because my other blog has just been having major issues lately. So my new blog is here: http://bookwormsbuddy.weebly.com

I just got it started so be patient with my progress please. This one seems to offer just as much as my old one except for the fact I don't get 'members' to this one and it does not have the 'forum' feature. But I figured I have my group here so I don't really need the forum feature on my blog. So go check it out and let me know what you think. I really like how easy it is for me to set up. And if I continue to like this one I may upgrade it.

message 2: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments I'm using Weebly to create the website for the company I work for. We upgraded it so you wouldn't actually know that we use Weebly. I find it really easy to use and has some really nice templates etc.

message 3: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Sep 04, 2013 09:19PM) (new)

Yea I am totally thinking of upgrading soon Michelle it really is an awesome server. It seems I have looked so long to find a site I could be happy with. I really needed the combination of blog and pages. I got that with webs. com but was limited to 10 pages O: I need more than that. I might even be able to drag my short stories over. That would be the icing on the cake! The templates are great and it is very easy to use.

message 4: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Awesome, Janie! I left you a nice comment. Do you have to approve it, is that how it works?

message 5: by Shell (new)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments The other one that's meant to be good is Wix but I haven't used it. My husband is planning to use it to make a site for his business. Hope you're having lots of fun playing around Janie! :)

message 6: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Dustin it will come to my email and I will be able to read it. I am pretty sure I will be able to respond but only through email. The site does not offer an actually guestbook, so this is the only option I have. Thanks for commenting!

Michelle I have been having quite a bit of fun. I did finally complete my book lists. I am sure I will add more those pages. And I still want to move my short stories over. That might be awhile though.

message 7: by Sam H (new)

Sam H  Arnold (samharnold) Love the new site Janie have just had a good look round it. Look forward to visiting it in the future for more book ideas.

message 8: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Janie wrote: "Dustin it will come to my email and I will be able to read it. I am pretty sure I will be able to respond but only through email. The site does not offer an actually guestbook, so this is the only ..."

All right. It's too bad I can't "follow" you or something, because I surely would!

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 4025 comments Janie, I stopped by your new blog and I love it! Can't wait to see it once you've added all of your updates!

message 10: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Dustin that is one thing it does not have. I am sure maybe in time it will? Thanks for the comment it was very nice! And thanks for checking it out.

Kathryn thanks for checking it out. And glad you like it. I have gotten a lot done there. I just need to get my stories moved over. I am just glad it seems to be more dependable than webs.com was.

message 11: by Dustin (last edited Sep 04, 2013 02:23PM) (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Oh, you are so very welcome. I'm glad you liked it.:)

I only wish our comments would show up on your page!

message 12: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Yea they need to make guest books and counters available on the site. Then it would be perfect.

message 13: by GeneralTHC (last edited Sep 04, 2013 06:46PM) (new)

GeneralTHC Janie wrote: "Yea they need to make guest books and counters available on the site. Then it would be perfect."

I didn't see a counter, but you have a guestbook. And you can leave comments on each blog so that's cool. Heck, you make me want to get mine going.

Be sure and check out the goodreads widgets. You can add those to your blog.

message 14: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC Do you know what I mean, Janie? You just go to where you edit your profile and then click on widgets and copy and paste the HTML into your blog for the widget you want.

message 15: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Yea Chuck I know you can add comments to the blogs but I did not see a guestbook. Are you saying there is a guestbook on the weebly site? I am not really interested in adding any of the widgets right now to my blog site, maybe at a later date. :) Thanks Chuck.

message 16: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC No, my bad. I guess there's not. I thought that's what that was on your home page but apparently I was wrong. I could probably build you one, though, depending on what they let you do on that server.

message 17: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Ahhh figured out that I can do a blog page and call it guestbook. That works for me I think!

message 18: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC Janie wrote: "Ahhh figured out that I can do a blog page and call it guestbook. That works for me I think!"

Cool! How come you don't like wordpress?

message 19: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Never really thought much about Wordpress. I mean it is ok, but I found weebly and they were the lucky server.

message 20: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Great blog, Janie!

It's cheery and warm. (The wood panel background made me feel like I was sitting a cozy den, surrounded by books--great effect!)

I also really enjoyed reading your book reviews. They are engaging and detailed, without giving away too much. By the way, I have to know what's going to happen next in "Glimmer of Hope!" :-)

I look forward to stopping by as you add more goodies to your blog!

message 21: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Sep 04, 2013 09:22PM) (new)

Yea I liked the look of the template, made it feel like a den/library. I will have more on the story up in a day or so, the story is completely wrote, just have to get it there. Thanks so much for stopping by!

message 22: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Janie wrote: "hehe Tee, I will have more on the story up in a day or so, the story is completely wrote, just have to get it there. Thanks so much for stopping by!"

Lol Take your time, Janie.

You're very welcome!

message 23: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Janie wrote: "Never really thought much about Wordpress. I mean it is ok, but I found weebly and they were the lucky server."

I'm sorry that you don't really care for Wordpress, Janie. I have a blog with them for my review, and have always liked it. But you've found what suits you and you're happy with it. That's all that matters, IMO.

message 24: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Thanks Dustin, we all have to find what works for us. I think we all have in mind exactly what we want to do and we go with that. I also discovered that I can in fact add a discussion form as well, but I don't really need that, not with having this group. I think it serves us quite well.

message 25: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Very true, Janie. As long as you're happy with it, we're happy for you!

message 26: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Sep 06, 2013 08:04PM) (new)

Thanks so much Dustin! Tee I have gotten a few more chapters moved over on the Glimmer of hope story. :)

message 27: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Janie wrote: "Thanks so much Dustin! Tee I have gotten a few more chapters moved over on the Glimmer of hope story. :)"

:)