Just the Way YOU are! discussion

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments What are some things that you have or haven't done in the past that you regret? Looking back, what would you have done differently?

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments The biggest regret I have is from middle school. I was in a group with six other friends and my friend Courtney started lying to us and changing who she was. My other friends and I didn't like that and so we started excluding her in the hopes that she would get the hint and leave. We were so mean to her and looking back on it, I feel horrible. We all ended up working through everything, but if I could go back and handle things differently, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

message 3: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments @Sierra

I have been in a similar situation when I was in 7th grade. There was a group of 5 of us, and I felt like one of them was the "leader" and it was her way or the highway. Well "leader" (J, just gonna use first initial) didnt like R so I felt I couldnt like R either. So we all kinda ditched R, but i never really realised what I had done until the next year. I was in the same gym class as R and we had a lot of time to talk about things. I told her that thought J was being unfair an that I wasnt going to let J rule me anymore. Then I apoligized to R for how hurtful i had been over the last year. And she forgave me. But i still regret how i had acted towards R.

message 4: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Wow, that is really similar. And I know exactly how you feel. That feeling is always going to be in the back of my mind even though we made up years ago.

message 5: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yes exactly :) I think its cool you made this thread so that we can see that others may share the same regrets as we do :)

message 6: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Thanks :) I thought it would be good for that, and to be able to maybe let things go or learn from their experiences :)

message 7: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Thanks Lia :) I just wish that my present self could have gone back to my past self and smacked some sense into her XD

message 8: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Oh yes! Many times :)

message 9: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments I'm sorry, Lia. It's really upsetting how people have to go and do that. Just do what you love and don't do anything to please others. You are a strong, independant woman and you have every reason to have confidence in yourself :)

message 10: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Lia wrote: "One of my biggest regrets this year is that I let myself get talked into joining...something that I really didn't want to join. I wanted to try something new and the people there destroyed my self ..."

Yeah I get you! I kinda reel like that with my group" of friends im in. Its the same group I mentioned above except R is not in it because she had made a new group of friends by the time I had apoligized to her. I stuck with the same group because i believe in forgiveness and 2nd chances. I wanted to give J a second chance. But this past school year, our group kid of split. J and E got really close while A and M kinda hung out. I felt stuck in the middle. Recently I was at a sleepover with just J and E but I felt like the 3rd wheel and they kind if treated me like I wasnt there. It sucked...I got home and felt like crying.. which I dont cry much.. but I really regreted being with them. However it did make me realise that they were not my true friends, M and A are :)

message 11: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Keanna wrote: "Lia wrote: "One of my biggest regrets this year is that I let myself get talked into joining...something that I really didn't want to join. I wanted to try something new and the people there destro..."

Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel being stuck in the middle and having to deal with a group split like that. The group that I was in used to be J, L, C, H, M, and me. So we each had a best friend within the group. J and L. C and H. And M and me. Bht then in eigth grade, K moved here and so then it was M and K and the two others. Then, J got a boyfriend and left the group, so L followed. And C ditched us for a new "cooler" best friend. So I've just always been stuck in the middle :/ Sorry if that was confusing...

message 12: by Keanna (last edited Aug 31, 2013 12:28AM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments No, I get it! For me J and E are really close but now E has a boyfriend (he is 2 years older) who is friends with J's brother (sorry if its complicated) and they only talk about that and i am left out and it makes me want to tear my hair out because idk how I feel about it! I dont wanna be apart of that conversation that E and J have OVER AND OVER AND OVER, but I also dont want to be LEFT OUT!!!! *sigh* drama...i hate it, especially friend drama...

message 13: by Maximillian (new)

Maximillian (maximillianthefirst) I regret nothing, every moment up to now has made me who I am and brought me to God.

message 14: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi | 26 comments I think that everything happens for a reason

message 15: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) When I was in fourth grade, a girl moved to our town and I became friends with her. I shared everything with her. She did the same with me. We were close.
I asked her for help with things I was dealing with- pain, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc. she would always change the subject. I tried to get past that.
But she just... Changed. She was different. She is so different. She became snobby and judgmental and started wearing heavy makeup. She stopped sitting with us, her friends, at lunch and started talking about her popular new friends all the time.
Now, I regret the few years I spent by her side. She didn't improve me. She crushed me. She hurt me. And she left me in the dust. I so regret ever trying to get to know her. It wasn't worth it. And I wasted so much time away from my true friends with her.

message 16: by Keanna (last edited Aug 31, 2013 09:43AM) (new)

Keanna | 413 comments I know the feeling. I hate when I waste my time on people and things that dont really matter...but its not til after that I realise it..

message 17: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Yeah. It still hurts whenever I see her.

message 18: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yeah. I have had a LOT of "bffs" who ditched me...one in every year of elementary school, and in middle school a few too.. now in high school, I am finally realising who my true friends are and , might have to do some dithing of my own...not that I am proud of it

message 19: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Yeah.... Sorry. ):
I am finding my real friends- a group of four nerdy, funny guys and two girls.

message 20: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Cool.. I wish I had more guy friends.. it think its cool :T

message 21: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Yeah... The thing is, at my age, girls are starting to get cliquey and gossipy and mean, and guys are just.... Less dramatic. It's so much easier. I have a few girlfriends that are good people, but most of the girls aren't.

message 22: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Yeah exactly! The girls at my school are total... bees and I just dont want any of that. We r having an exchange student from Spain in my class this year and I hope she doesn't get into one of those groups. Imma try to get her first! lln :) but I just want her experience here to be a good one you know

message 23: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Yes, definitely. Hope she gets to be friends with you. That would be awesome.

message 24: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Regrets- Regrets. It's hard for me to regret. But I admit that I regret not forgetting about what Danny said in 5th grade. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember it being very hurtful, when he didn't want it to be like that.

message 25: by Keanna (new)

Keanna | 413 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Yes, definitely. Hope she gets to be friends with you. That would be awesome."

Yeah, I would! :)

message 26: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) I regret everything I do. Every decision I make. Everything that I say. I'm a failure.

message 27: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Gabrielle, you are NOT a failure. You're an amazing photographer, a wonderful friend, and a very, VERY special person. Do all of those beautiful pictures you take make you a failure? Do all the times that you've been there for not only me, but others too make you a failure? No. Because you're not one. Like I said, you're special. One of a kind, and don't think that everything you say or do is a mistake, because it's not.

message 28: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) Sierra, thank you so so much. I love talking to you. You can always uplift me and make me feel better about myself. Thank you so much for always being here for me.

message 29: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) | 819 comments Aww, you're welcome :) I'm really glad I can help.