The Fantasy Project: 101 Books in 10 Years discussion

Have you made your Wheel of Fortune Spin list yet?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 63 comments Mod
We are going to be doing a Wheel of Fortune Spin for September/October. Full details on how it works here: http://101fantasychallenge.blogspot.c...

Hope you will join us!

message 3: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (jaldous) | 17 comments I'm in. I'll just use the first 15 on my list.

message 4: by Cee (new)

Cee | 12 comments Made mine in my challenge folder! When are we spinning for a number? (:

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Celine wrote: "Made mine in my challenge folder! When are we spinning for a number? (:"

I plugged 1 - 15 in random.org and the winner was...

What did you get?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's my list:

Neil Gaiman – The Graveyard Book
Neil Gaiman – American Gods
Neil Gaiman – Anansi Boys
Gail Carson Levine – Ella Enchanted (Enchanted #1)
Gregory Maguire – Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
George RR Martin — A Feast for Crows (Song of Fire and Ice #4)
Cormac McCarthy – The Road
Karen Marie Moning — Darkfever (MacKayla Lane #1)
Karen Marie Moning — Bloodfever (MacKayla Lane #2)
Karen Marie Moning — Faefever (MacKayla Lane #3)
Maria Snyder — Poison Study (Study #1)
Maria Snyder — Magic Study (Study #2)
Maria Snyder — Fire Study (Study #3)
Jonathan Swift – Gulliver’s Travels
Gregory Maguire — Wicked

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Random.org gave me #1 for my selection. So excited to read The Graveyard Book! Love me some Neil Gaiman!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Tfrances wrote: "Random.org gave me #1 for my selection. So excited to read The Graveyard Book! Love me some Neil Gaiman!"

Yay!

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (ireadthebooks) | 23 comments Random.org gave me #7, so it looks like I"m starting Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 29 comments Ahh, I've been so distracted lately that I completely forgot about this! Is it too late for me to make a list and join in?

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Ahh, I've been so distracted lately that I completely forgot about this! Is it too late for me to make a list and join in?"

Don't worry, Jenn. I'm not overly strict. ;O) A lot of people made their list of 15 after the fact. Just make your list of 15 and then randomly select a number from 1 - 15. Good luck!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 29 comments Alright! I will do that then :)

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 29 comments I made my list on my GR topic and then got a 4 from random.org, so Ender's Game :)

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I made my list on my GR topic and then got a 4 from random.org, so Ender's Game :)"

That's funny because four was the number in the original spin. Appropriate! Hope you enjoy Ender's Game.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished my spin read: The Graveyard Book. Thanks random.org for giving such a great pick!

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Tfrances wrote: "Just finished my spin read: The Graveyard Book. Thanks random.org for giving such a great pick!"

Glad you enjoyed it! I won't be reading mine until October.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 29 comments Finished my read, it was really good!

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (ireadthebooks) | 23 comments You read Ender's Game, right? Did you like it? I was on a marathon tech support call and the technician was telling me about that book and how it was his favorite.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebookishginger) | 29 comments I did! I would give it a 4.5 if Goodreads allowed half stars..lol. I listened to the 20th Anniversary audiobook and there were times when I couldn't stop giggling and I've realized I'm pretty immature but I was NOT expecting it to end the way it did.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Jennifer wrote: "I did! I would give it a 4.5 if Goodreads allowed half stars..lol. I listened to the 20th Anniversary audiobook and there were times when I couldn't stop giggling and I've realized I'm pretty immat..."

Great job, Jennifer!