YA romance discussion

General > Book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lesashoe) | 263 comments Mod
Here you can recommend books.

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I love A Little Wanting Song! It's mostly about the MC, Charlie, trying to get over her shyness but it's also about her wanting to have things or being able to do things like talk to a guy she likes <3

message 3: by Lisa (new)

I'm going to recommend to every The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. It's a YA romance and majority of members haven't read it I'm thinking of adding as our book to read next month. I highly recommend it though to everyone here!

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Ooh! I think I've got that on my kindle. I would love to read it with the group (:

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Does anyone have any books to recommend for november reading poll?

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana How about In This Moment. I know it's fairly new but it's .99 cents on Amazon (: And the whole story is about romance. Or Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. I've never read it but I heard it's good.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana My Life Next Door was pretty good. I really like the guy's family and the whole boy/girl next door theme.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

we have the too books for novembers reading, (My Life Next Door and Lock and Key) which I have created discussion folders for. Like I said in my message to everyone feel free to keep discussing Pivot Point and Just One Day but PLEASE recommend some books for december??? What do you guys want to read?

message 9: by Demi (last edited Nov 06, 2013 09:28PM) (new)

Demi Spencer | 10 comments Twenty Boy Summer is an amazing book and i think everyone would enjoy it! it leaves you breathless.
Also Reason to Breathe is a great series as well.
x

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Apparently it is good, but I'm not sure if it falls in the category of YA romance hmmm.

message 12: by Demi (last edited Dec 13, 2013 01:51AM) (new)

Demi Spencer | 10 comments French Kiss this series is so cute! just a everyday love story. Great for anyone wanting a short series. Love them x

message 13: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Casalino (priscycas) If I Stay
Where she went
I really like these two books and a movie is being filmed. ;-)

message 14: by Lisa (new)

I just found this book on goodreads Me Before You
has anyone read it??

message 15: by Hanne (new)

Hanne lisa wrote: "Has anyone read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks???"

I've read it, I was not a fan though. But I've heard from other people and they thought it was really good :)

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Hanne wrote: "lisa wrote: "Has anyone read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks???"

I've read it, I was not a fan though. But I've heard from other people and they thought it was real..."

Thanks for replying Hanne, I've heard it was both good and bad so I wanted to see why that is. Why weren't you much of a fan?

message 17: by Hanne (new)

Hanne I don't really know, I guess it was because when I finished, I felt like there was no purpose to the story. I just felt like I could have used the time I needed to read this book to read another, better book. I also had a hard time identifying with Frankie, every five minutes I was wondering: why are you doing that? But I can see why other people liked it, for me there were just more negative than positive points :).

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Hanne wrote: "I don't really know, I guess it was because when I finished, I felt like there was no purpose to the story. I just felt like I could have used the time I needed to read this book to read another, ..."

I hate when that happens, and you think about a better book you could be reading. I've heard people have trouble getting into the style of writing. I got some book vouchers for my birthday and I was thinking of buying this, but I may just hid in a corner of the bookshop and read a bit to see what I think.

also welcome to the group Hanne!! feel free to introduce yourself in the welcome discussion topic thingy :)

message 19: by Hanne (new)

Hanne lisa wrote: "Hanne wrote: "I don't really know, I guess it was because when I finished, I felt like there was no purpose to the story. I just felt like I could have used the time I needed to read this book to ..."

Yes I think it totally depends on your personal preferences :). Thanks, I will!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Hey everyone sorry I have been a bit absent from the book group, but am eager to get up the poll for next month.... so what books do you want to read???

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Poll is up! Please go vote.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Has anyone read Shatter Me?

message 23: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments Lisa I have not read shatter me but just got it because it was on a books to be adapted into movies list. When you read it I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't know when I will get to it.

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Marisa wrote: "Lisa I have not read shatter me but just got it because it was on a books to be adapted into movies list. When you read it I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't know when I will get to it."

I have been wanting to read it for a while and it is classified as YA and I think some romance in there so I wasn't sure whether to add it to April poll? What do you think?

message 25: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments lisa wrote: "Marisa wrote: "Lisa I have not read shatter me but just got it because it was on a books to be adapted into movies list. When you read it I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't know when I will ..."

I think that would be a great idea to add it to the poll.

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Marisa wrote: "lisa wrote: "Marisa wrote: "Lisa I have not read shatter me but just got it because it was on a books to be adapted into movies list. When you read it I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't know..."

It's looking like These Broken Stars and Saving June are going to be March reads and I'll add shatter me for April's. Hopefully thats not too far away for everyone, thank you :)

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Please recommend books for April reading as I will be putting up a poll soon! thank you

message 28: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments A recommendation could be flirting in Italian.

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Marisa wrote: "A recommendation could be flirting in Italian."

ooo thanks Marisa, I will add it to the poll! I have a few books in mind, but if you have any more, please share.

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Does anyone have any requests for May books. I am hoping to put up the poll soon!

message 31: by Rachel (last edited Apr 07, 2014 10:51PM) (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) How about a classic of some kind? Like Jane Austen? It's not strictly YA but she's about as true to the romance genre as you can get. I know I have a few other romance books to read but I can't remember what they are right now... I'll add to this later.

Edited to add: Or what about Lola and the Boy Next Door or the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer? or something by Sarah Dessen?

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Rachel wrote: "How about a classic of some kind? Like Jane Austen? It's not strictly YA but she's about as true to the romance genre as you can get. I know I have a few other romance books to read but I can't rem..."

ooo I like that idea. I don't really know a lot about Austen's books other than names so if anyone has any suggestions of a romance classic to switch it up next month I'd be happy to put that on the list.

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Rachel wrote: "How about a classic of some kind? Like Jane Austen? It's not strictly YA but she's about as true to the romance genre as you can get. I know I have a few other romance books to read but I can't rem..."

I will add Lola to the list and a Sarah Dessen book, but I talked to I think Taylor (sorry if this is wrong) about Mara Dyer and they said although it had romance in it, it wasn't really a romantic book. I am happy to add it onto the poll to see what people think!

Thankyou Rachel!!

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreaditwrite) lisa wrote: "Rachel wrote: "How about a classic of some kind? Like Jane Austen? It's not strictly YA but she's about as true to the romance genre as you can get. I know I have a few other romance books to read ..."

Ahh that makes sense, it does seem like it might not be romance-focussed.

I've only read Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, which was so good, but I think they all have romance as a main part. Maybe one of her shorter ones?

message 35: by Lisa (last edited Apr 08, 2014 01:13AM) (new)

Rachel wrote: "lisa wrote: "Rachel wrote: "How about a classic of some kind? Like Jane Austen? It's not strictly YA but she's about as true to the romance genre as you can get. I know I have a few other romance b..."

Well the first one that comes to mind is Persuasion, as it links to For Darkness Shows the Stars and could be a sort of follow on?

either that or Emma maybe??

(edit) I just realised Emma is around 500 pages!! maybe not

message 36: by Annie (new)

Annie (books-anovelidea) | 3 comments Taylor wrote: "We could read Pride & Prejudice as our Jane Austen classic. As a Sarah Dessen book we could read Along for the Ride. Or we could read Throne of Glass, I heard it was a..."

Throne of Glass is amazing! It might even be my all time favorite right now. And anything by Sarah Dessen is always fun! I can't think of which Jane Austin book is the shortest...

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Hey everyone, if you have any books you want me to add to next months poll I'd love to hear them :)

message 38: by Demi (last edited May 12, 2014 12:25AM) (new)

Demi Spencer | 10 comments Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler,Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry and What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick are books ive recently read and they were amazing!.

message 39: by Subhashree (new)

Subhashree  Hari wild cards by simone elkeles and making faces by amy harmon are my recent favourites !!!

message 40: by Lisa (new)

Thankyou Taylor, Subhashree and Demi!!

message 41: by Demi (new)

Demi Spencer | 10 comments I so agree i love the whole series by Katie McGarry and Huntley Fitzpatrick's new book was great

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Demi wrote: "I so agree i love the whole series by Katie McGarry and Huntley Fitzpatrick's new book was great"

Pushing the Limits series has been on my TBR for quite a while. Also if anyone was wondering, I just added To All the Boys I've Loved Before onto the poll, as I have been hearing really great things about this book. Has anyone read it?

message 43: by Lisa (new)

It's that time again - does anyone have any books to recommend for next month??

message 44: by Subhashree (new)

Subhashree  Hari brutally beautiful !! I havnt read d buk but I heard it is good

message 45: by Lisa (new)

The new poll for July is up if you wanted to go vote.

Sorry Subhashree I didn't add in Brutally Beautiful because I thought it was more new adult than young. If anyone disagrees and wants me to put it on the poll let me know :)

message 46: by Subhashree (new)

Subhashree  Hari okay !! no problem

message 47: by Lisa (new)

I am looking for more books to put on Poll for next month, any suggestions?

message 48: by Rose (new)

Rose (bookishrose) Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafón! Is so good!

message 49: by krisusnoona (new)

krisusnoona | 13 comments i suggest Unravel by Calia Read .. ;)))

message 50: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (daemonsskitten) | 23 comments the boys of summer by cj duggan

The boyfriend list by e. lockhart was cute also.

« previous 1