☣Supreme Data |Roleplay|☣ discussion

Sᴏᴜᴛʜ Aʀᴇᴀ Rᴏʟᴇ-Pʟᴀʏ Aʀᴇᴀs > Rᴀᴛɪᴏɴs Mᴀʀᴋᴇᴛ

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Panda, Wɪʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx (new)

Panda (may-the-gods-be-jealous) | 772 comments Mod
Hᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʙᴜʏ ɪᴛᴇᴍs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs. Tʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀʟsᴏ ᴀ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴇxᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs, ᴍᴏsᴛʟʏ ᴅᴇᴀʟᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴜsᴇʜᴏʟᴅ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴏʀ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡɪʟʟs ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴀssᴇᴅ ᴀᴡʜɪʟᴇ. Yᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴄᴇɴsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴ. Eᴀᴄʜ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʜᴀs ᴀ ʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴄᴀʀᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅs ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs. Tʜᴇ BEEs ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʀɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ sʜᴏᴛ ᴏɴ sɪᴛᴇ.

message 2: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Elodie had been sat on a nearby fire-escape her rations cards hanging loosely in her slender fingers whilst she waited for the announcers to say that the rations station was open. The old woman who rang the child care centre had tasked Ellie with collecting the food for this evenings dinner. It was rather a large task which made Ellie feel far more important than she should have but still it was nice to have something to do for once. She passed the cards from hand to hand, her blue eyes dull as she read the faded text on them. A moment or two passed and a loud whiny voice sounded over the tannoy, the stations were open. Ellie clambered down the metal structure and slipped into the line that led into the store, she was small and though her phasing power would enable her to get to the very front if she really wanted she wasn't about to make herself notorious. She hung back in the line, avoiding the shoving elbows and bustling groups as people waited to be served. It was another busy day in the city that was for sure.

message 3: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments Sam sighed. "About time," She muttered. She and Nessa had been waiting for only fifteen minutes, but they were out of supplies and starving, making Sam even more impatient than she already was. "Come on, it's only been ten minutes," Nessa said with a quiet chuckle. "Patience is virtue," Samantha didn't know how many times her little sister had said that to her. "I'm sorry if I'm naturally impatient, Nessa." She said, a bit irritably. Sam looked at the young girl in front of her in line. She could only be a couple years older than Jenessa. Samantha tapped her finger on her thigh, becoming a bit more impatient again. "And now we have to wait in line for who knows how long," Sam muttered. Jenessa just shook her head and grabbed a book out of her backpack. Maybe talking would help make the wait feel shorter. Sam tapped the girl in front of them in line on the shoulder. "Hi," She said with a smile. "I'm Sam, and this is my little sister Jenessa."

message 4: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Ellie froze as she felt someone tap her on the shoulder, shit, what have I done this time? She wondered, rolling her eyes and turning, preparing herself for some sort of telling off by a market trader or one of the BEE workers. "Oh..." Ellie muttered as she turned to find herself face to face with two girls. They must of been around Ellie's age which was nice, it had been a while since she'd properly spoken to anyone her age. Even at school Ellie had never been particularly sociable, she tended to skip lessons and get in trouble in a more than regular basis. She gave the two girls a weak smile and clutched her ration cards tightly in her hands. "Nice to meet you, I'm Ellie." She replied, the answer felt stiff and unnatural to her but she decided it would be worth talking anyway. Making friends now was the safest way to stay alive. "It's pretty busy today huh?" She murmured, eyeing the large queue in front of them. "I wonder what's taking so long." Ellie said, mostly to herself though the question was open to answer if the two girls had any idea.

message 5: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments "I have no idea. And you're right, it's super busy." Sam said. She looked over at Nessa who's nose was stuck in her old book. Sam hit her lightly on the shoulder with the ration cards she held in her left hand.

"Oh. Hi," Nessa said, feeling slightly embarrassed that she had totally ignored the girl in front of them. She wasn't very good in conversations, or at making friends.

Sam rolled her eyes slightly. "Nessa prefers the company of fictional characters rather than human beings," She explained to Ellie, glaring at her sister. For once, she had hoped that maybe Nessa would at least try and make an attempt at friendship. Sam decided to teach her some social skills later on.

message 6: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Ellie smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around herself as she noticed the younger girl with her nose in a book. It was intriguing to Ellie to see a girl so young reading a book that looked like it had been well loved. Ellie had personally never sat down and read a book cover to cover, she didn't find books interesting and preferred hanging about outside or watching the soldiers fix vehicles up. "What are you reading?" Ellie asked, attempting to carry on conversation as the line shuffled forward and they got another step closer to the front. She could see the record keeper bent over the ledger further up, it shouldn't be too long now.

message 7: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments "Oh," Nessa closed it so she could at least try to talk to Ellie. "It's um... To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It's a classic," She said. The line finally moved a bit further up. Jenessa looked at the people around her. Most looked grumpy or irritated with the long wait, but others just looked happy to finally be getting some food. She guessed those were the poor people of this sector. Nessa wondered when she and Sam would be leaving this place. She knew that sam would probably want to get going in maybe a few days, but she wasn't sure. Jenessa also knew that Sam didn't like to stay in one place for too long anymore. It wasn't always safe in these places. They had been here for a few weeks now, which was about the longest they stayed places.

message 8: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Ellie nodded slowly, she had only ever heard of the book in history lessons at school. She'd never even seen a copy of it before and guessed the girl was very lucky to have had one to herself. "I've never read it but I've been told it's good, what's it about?" Ellie asked, seeming genuinely interested in the book that the girl was reading. She raised herself on her toes, looking over the people as the crowd moved forward once again. Ellie was used to queueing if not for rations then for everything else. "So where abouts do you guys live?" She asked the two of them, wondering if they'd lived in the city their whole lives.

message 9: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments "We live in a small apartment a few blocks away, but we're not really from here." Samantha said to Ellie, stepping forward in the line.
"The book's about a girl called Scout and her family in 1930's Alabama," Nessa explained. "I must've read it 10 times, and it's still hard to explain," Nessa studied the girl and wondered what her history was like. She looked strangely familiar, and Nessa vaguely remembered seeing her in a dream a few weeks ago. She decided not to say anything, since then Ellie would think she was weird. Plus Sam didn't like it when people looked at them like they were witches or something, she found it embarrassing.

message 10: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Ellie let out a low whistle, "1930's huh?" It was hard to believe how much life had changed in the one hundred years since the time in which the book was set. She pushed those thoughts away as quickly as they had come, the prospect of living in a society free of restraint and without quarantine or the danger of infection was too good to be true. "That sounds...pleasant." Ellie replied, taking her time to choose the right word, pleasant seemed vaguely appropriate. She shrugged after a moment recalling Samantha's answer to her question. "Yeah same, I live around here now, at the childs home actually..." Ellie murmured, she wasn't ashamed of it, it was the truth after all. "I haven't always lived here though." She added as an after thought as they reached the table and she handed the cards over to the book keeper.

message 11: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments "Where did you live before?" Nessa asked Ellie. Samantha looked at her, probably not impressed with the question. Sam told her not to ask people things that might be personal, that it was rude. The line moved forward once again and so the three young girls did as well.
Samantha was glad that her sister was actually talking to someone almost her age for once. She really did need to make some friends, it would be good for her. But she wasn't glad that she had asked that question. Who knows where this girl was from? Anyways, if Ellie didnt want to answer that was fine. She could just lie, so what was the big deal anyway?

message 12: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) "I was born in Boston..." Ellie shrugged, it was true but she hadn't really lived anywhere between then. She'd spent several years in a lab being the subject of many tests and experiments and when she left she'd been able to walk through walls. Easy come, easy go or something like that, Ellie thought pitifully, giving the younger girl a weak smile. "I've lived here since then." She replied quietly, returning her attention to the table as the book keeper handed her a large cardboard box filled with the rations for the childs home. "I dunno, I mean it's not that bad here. I've got somewhere to sleep, food.." She gestured to the box she was holding and shrugged once again as the guy stamped her ration cards and placed them on top of the box.

message 13: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments "I've read that Boston is... Well, was, a beautiful city long ago." Nessa said as she watched her sister give the ration cards in for the supplies we needed. "I don't know what it looks like now." She said. They stepped out of the queue and now stood a few feet off to the side. It was sunny out, the sky clear blue with a few fluffy clouds. Jenessa contemplated looking up at the clouds. If she did look up, she could stare at them for hours. But she didn't want to make a super weird first impression, so she decided not to.

message 14: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) "Yeah emphasis on the was." Ellie muttered, holding the cardboard box in her slender arms and moving out of the way as the queue continued forward. "It turned to shit pretty quickly but I got out of there way before then, I don't remember much about it to be honest." Ellie shrugged and gripped the box tightly in her hands. "Look I've got to get this stuff home but I don't suppose you guys want to meet up later, maybe we could hang out?" She suggested, it was nice to get to know some new people and people her age, maybe things wouldn't be so bad here if she could start a friendship with Samantha and Jenessa.

message 15: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments Samantha smiled warmly at Ellie. "Sure, we've got to get back home as well." She said. "Maybe we could meet up at Starbucks. It's really one of the only nice meeting places here, so I'm pretty sure it would work. What time?" She asked Ellie.

While her sister and Ellie talked, Nessa looked up at the clouds. They moved ever so slightly every few seconds. She could see a cloud that looked like a pirate ship, another like a turtle, and one that even resembled a face.

message 16: by E L L E (new)

E L L E (lacustrine_dreams) Ellie shrugged, "How about in half an hour or so, gives me a chance to get this lot back and put it away?" She suggested, balancing the weight of the ration box between her hands. Ellie gave the two an assured smile and gestured towards the coffee shop which was visible in the distance, "I'll see you guys there in a bit okay?" She said, giving them one last fleeting glance before melting into the crowd and heading back to the orphanage. Ellie was pretty proud of herself, it had been a long time since she'd had a good conversation with anyone.

message 17: by sol (new)

sol | 15 comments Samantha watched as Ellie walked away, then looked at Nessa, sighing. "Come on, Ness. Let's go," She grabbed her sisters hand with hers and started to walk home to get the supplies back. They navigated their way through the somewhat crowded streets in comfortable silence.