The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

Who is better? Blackjack, Arion, Festus, Skippio or Tempest?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimi (last edited Sep 05, 2013 02:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi I edited this so Arion, Skippio and Fetus are choices as well. Blackjack is cool because Percy saved him off of that boat and he's super loyal and funny. But Tempest is made of a stormn which is cool, but I'd be afraid I'd fall through him. Arion. He's the fastest horse on the world and can run on bodies of water, vertical surfaces (straight up) and small mountains. Festus (with his body) he's a dragon. He can fly, blow fire. That's definitely cool. Skippio. He's just a regular Pegasus, but having a Pegasus in general would be amazing. But, my choice is Arion. What about you?

Georgia Blackjack!!! Donuts! Sugercubes

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Blackjack. He can fly. What about Tempest or Arion?

Lani Blackjack

Celia Defiantly Blackjack

Asiyah Gotta love Blackjack

Laurie Blackjack...

Laurie Festus vs. Blackjack with Percy on board

Lani @ Laurie I think Blackjack because Festus might go a little crazy without someone to steer him. Festus is the dragon right?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Is Arion a choice? If not, I'd say Tempest. He's a storm horse, for goodness sakes.

message 11: by Mimi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mimi Here's my opinion. Blackjack is cool because Percy saved him off of that boat and he's super loyal and funny. But Tempest is made of a stormn which is cool, but I'd be afraid I'd fall through him. Arion. He's the fastest horse on the world and can run on bodies of water, vertical surfaces (straight up) and small mountains. Festus (with his body) he's a dragon. He can fly, blow fire. That's definitely cool. Skippio. He's just a regular Pegasus, but having a Pegasus in general would be cool. But for me, my choice is Arion. He's not a Pegasus or a dragon, just a horse but things he can do is amazing.

Rachel Jackson Blackjack. But I love festus too.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ARION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

WELL, FESTUS IS COOL TOO.

message 15: by Duha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Duha shokerat Blackjack. Blackjack. Blackjack. Blackjack. Blackjack.
Um..... did i make myself clear?!

message 16: by Moe (new)

Moe Jam Tempest

message 17: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Bryan Festus because he is a Zeus freakin' DRAGON!

Ashley Boeding Blackjack vs. Festus........ I can't decide! I love them both so much!

Kelly Brigid ♡ BLACKJACK! He's just, my gosh fabulous!!! ^o^

message 20: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Tempest or Festus...

Ninjainpajamas Blackjack or Festus...idk :P

message 22: by Ryan (last edited Nov 30, 2014 02:10PM) (new)

Ryan Mimi wrote: "I edited this so Arion, Skippio and Fetus are choices as well. Blackjack is cool because Percy saved him off of that boat and he's super loyal and funny. But Tempest is made of a stormn which is co..."

I believe you are referring to Reyna's pegasus Scipio, no? Any who, let's take a look at the riders of these mounts.

Reyna and Scipio: Both risked everything to get across the Atlantic. Scipio and Reyna fought for each other, resulting in the loss of Scipio's life. That would seem him to be a very loyal friend.

Blackjack was grateful to Percy for being free and always assisted him.

Arion was fond of Hazel and followed her everywhere though he was impatient and foul-mouthed.

Festus helped guide the seven across the world, fought off a goddess, and rescued Leo after Gaea's defeat.

Tempus was summoned and tamed by Jason and returned to him in times of need but there was no affection between the two.

So, in my opinion, it is hard to really say who is best as they all were cool, loyal friends and creatures who saved and aided their Heroes on many an occasion.

message 23: by Izzy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Izzy Festus

Thalia, The Daughter Of Zeus For me Festus and Blackjack, they're pretty cool

Diana Blackjack and Festus

message 26: by Mary (last edited Dec 03, 2014 07:41AM) (new) - added it

Mary Festus and Arion and Blackjack and Scipio

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Arion

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Tempest

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Giant Eagle

message 30: by Melody (new)

Melody Shen Arion, because he's the world's fastest horse.

message 31: by Rimu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rimu Patil blackjack

Chloe Blackjack!
Funniest character in the book! (Right up there with Grover)

Chloe I like Festus too.
(Sorry Leo)

KingdomReader Their all Awesome in my book
Especially Festus
* mummers in background * I love dragons