Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1) Sea Swept discussion

Sea Swept

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Bernu I really like this book. There are so many climaxes, it really keeps your interest.

Amanda Nora Roberts is amazing I am reading two of hers at a time because I can never put them down she is an amazing writer just like Anne McCaffery. Both are my idols.

Jill Cam's story is awesome. I love this series. I have a soft spot for books based around brothers. Ans seriously how could you not love the Quinn boys :-) I wish I grew up next to these little hooligans, would of been entertaining for sure.

Susana This is one of my favourite Nora Roberts series.

Beatrix Hi, I currently-read this series, just finished Philip's story. I love it.

Kelly Hunter Vanessa, I absolutely agree.

Jill Vanessa wrote: "Fabulous books! I've read this series too many times to count! If you liked the Quinn boys, you MUST read the McKade series!"

I agree the Mckade brothers are awesome!!!

Serene I love them all but chesapeake blue. Didn't like that one. Wish there was one with Aubrey as the heroine. She was interesting.

Angie Elle Serene wrote: "I love them all but chesapeake blue. Didn't like that one. Wish there was one with Aubrey as the heroine. She was interesting."

I agree. For me, this wasn't a good ending to the series. I found the book to be incredibly dull, when the last book should really be the one that blows you away. The heroine was just too predictable and unlikable for me.

Angie Elle It just occurred to me that I should probably comment on what I thought of the rest of this series!

I loved this. Especially the first book. I loved Cam's story.

I thought this series did a nice job showing how a family could function despite it's 'dysfunctions. '

Serene Angie wrote: "Serene wrote: "I love them all but chesapeake blue. Didn't like that one. Wish there was one with Aubrey as the heroine. She was interesting."

I agree. For me, this wasn't a good ending to the ser..."

I agree, I think for me it read like a reunion book. Roberts insisted on having every Quinn have this exceptionally treacly family life, with wonderful wives and kids. Yes it is fantasy, but I just didn't feel real, it felt like a gigantic epilogue. One thing I liked about the Quinns was that they are sort of blue collar. Not tremendously wealthy like her usual characters.

I didn't find the insta success of Seth or the return of Gak Gloria to be a satisfying ending.

I need conflict that is real to make a good story, and the conflict in this one felt contrived.

Donna Who is the author of the Mckade series please? thanks...

Angie Elle Donna wrote: "Who is the author of the Mckade series please? thanks..."

I believe Nora Roberts wrote those.

message 14: by Loriidae (last edited Dec 12, 2014 03:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Loriidae Donna wrote: "Who is the author of the Mckade series please? thanks..."
Yes Nora Roberts is th author of the Mckade Brothers quartet. They are some of NR's wonderful male heroes. The series is The Return of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #1) by Nora Roberts 1. The Return of Rafe McKade, The Pride of Jared MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #2) by Nora Roberts 2. The Pride of Jared McKade The Heart of Devin MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #3) by Nora Roberts 3.The Heart of Devin MacKade (my favourite) The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4) by Nora Roberts 4. The Fall of Shane McKade They were published by Mills &Boon

Elena hi guys! has anyone listened to this one on audio?? because i have a file that claims to be UNABRIDGED but is only 3.5 hrs long. does this sound right?! sounds too short to me... thx!

Karen ♐ I had the unabridged audio and it was well over 10 hrs.