Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: "Gigi’s Favorite RoM" > Favorite Read of the Month - August, 2013

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2013 12:08PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments
Gigi isn't the only one who wants to know. Tell us what you loved in August.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ★★★★★ Audios
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

★★★★½ Audios
Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6) by Jim Butcher

★★★★☆ Audios
Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1) by Katee Robert

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm listening to Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) by Victoria Dahl and really enjoying it, too. Don't know where it will land, though.

message 4: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Still in a slump, but of what I did manage to read the best without a doubt was The Warrior's Apprentice (Vorkosigan Saga, #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold .

Best reread Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6) by Jim Butcher

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful Best reread: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Best new read: Glitterland by Alexis Hall

Best audio: Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor , though I didn't like it as much as Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, I need to get to Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) by Laini Taylor . Glad you enjoyed it, Willa.

message 7: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments 5 Star reads this month
In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Ever After (The Hollows, #11) by Kim Harrison

Top 4 Star reads this month
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman Easy by Tammara Webber Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

I have one more book to finish but I'm not sure if I'll make it before the end of the month. I know it will be at least a 4 star read though. It's Julie Garwood! I love her HR novels!
Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood

message 8: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments I enjoyed The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4) by Laura Florand though it's not PNR-very good. I also enjoyed Spellbound Falls (Spellbound Falls #1) by Janet Chapman . Both of those were 4 stars for me. My favorite read was The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5) by Thea Harrison which sent me back into an Elder Races reread. My favorite reread was The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Harmony, #9) by Jayne Castle . Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10) by Jayne Castle is next.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 851 comments Best Reads: Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1) by Aline Hunter , Darkest Hunger (Desires of the Otherworld, #2) by Aline Hunter and The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles all 5 stars

Best Reread: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole

message 10: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 458 comments My 5 stars were a mixed lot:

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Princeps' Fury (Codex Alera, #5) by Jim Butcher Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Sweet Revenge (Nemesis, Unlimited, #1) by Zoe Archer

message 11: by Gigi, Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2013 10:31AM) (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Hi Guys! Thanks for starting. I'm dealing with a few health issues so, I promise I haven't forgotten about you guys. Anyway, looks like there are more books that I need to add to the TBR.

Unfortunately, I've read nothing this month.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Aww...Gigi! Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

message 13: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Thank you! I love my flowers! xo

message 14: by Gea (last edited Aug 31, 2013 11:10AM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments There weren't many 5 stars this month: The Bridal Veil by Alexis Harrington Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8) by Kristen Ashley Viper's Run (The Last Riders, #2) by Jamie Begley A Reputation For Revenge by Jennie Lucas

4 stars but still good reads: The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1) by Sue-Ellen Welfonder Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean

Axel (Corps Security, #1) by Harper Sloan this one was solid 4 stars and I recommend it to all Kristen Ashley fans :)

I was dissappointed by Falling Into You (Falling, #1) by Jasinda Wilder and Frigid (Frigid, #1) by J. Lynn

message 15: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I didn't do as much reading this month as I usually do, but my favs this month were

Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2) by Cindy Gerard Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4) by Cindy Gerard

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Gea wrote: "There weren't many 5 stars this month: The Bridal Veil by Alexis Harrington"

Yes, Gea, I really enjoyed TBV, too, this month. Of course, it wasn't on audio. ☺

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I haven't read a Cindy Gerard novel in awhile, Susan. I have a couple on my TBR pile, too. Just not enough hours in the day.

message 18: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I haven't read a Cindy Gerard novel in awhile, Susan. I have a couple on my TBR pile, too. Just not enough hours in the day."

There aren't enough hours in the day to do all the reading and other things I want to do :( too bad we have to sleep lol

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **chuckles**

message 20: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Love it!!!

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I had a good month.
5 stars: Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews The Warrior's Apprentice (Vorkosigan Saga, #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold The Vor Game (Vorkosigan Saga, #6) by Lois McMaster Bujold Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews
and so many 4 stars but I'm too lazy to post them :P

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **gigglesnort**

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "**gigglesnort**"

:D

message 24: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Kaye (mskaye) Lisa Kay wrote: "**chuckles**

"

Love this!

message 25: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments I had a very uneven month.

I had some books which I adored:
Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2) by Nina Bruhns Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #4) by Jillian Dodd Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas (re-read)

I was very disappointed in a couple of books that I didn't finish at all:
Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2) by Avery Aster Mannequin (Mannequin, #1) by Olivia Besse Unteachable by Leah Raeder

Maybe I should only read pink and purple books and stay away from the black and white ones xD

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Susanne wrote: "I had a very uneven month.

I had some books which I adored:
Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2) by Nina Bruhns Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #4) by Jillian Dodd Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas (re-read)

I was very disappointed in a..."

LOL at only picking pink and purple ones :)

message 27: by Susanne (new)

Susanne (bookcrazy47) | 884 comments Come to think about it, half of my top-ten ever is pink and purple xD xD

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Then definitely stick to those colors ;)

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**