Legend (Legend, #1) Legend discussion

Man!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda We got to make this book more popular or something because I'd really love to see it be made into a movie. Just seeing all these books being turned into movies makes me think Legend deserves to be one of them. I believe if done right it would be amazingly epic. I really really hope it happens :D

SHINY I AGREE! It's a great book and it could come out as a huge success if it were to be promoted more.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book cant wait till i read prodigy and champion

SHINY OMG! I already put Champion on prehold @ My library! Can't wait!

Amanda I know!!!! Have you guys read the excerpt yet?

SHINY @Ariana, Nope. Wait...There's an excerpt!?!??!

message 8: by versa (last edited Aug 30, 2013 09:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

versa Ha. No but really, it would make a great movie. I think that one of the best scenes (they better not leave this out) will be when Kaede and June fight. Out of the whole book that one line (or two?) that stood out to me was: "But the instant the new girl steps into the circle and I see her stance...I know I've made a big mistake. Kaede strikes like a bull, a battering ram. This girl strikes like a viper."
They just better not make it like the Percy Jackson movies, or they're going to have a lot of angry fans on their hands.

Amanda Shiny wrote: "@Ariana, Nope. Wait...There's an excerpt!?!??!"

Here you go http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/bo...

message 10: by Amanda (last edited Aug 30, 2013 10:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda clair wrote: "Ha. No but really, it would make a great movie. I think that one of the best scenes (they better not leave this out) will be when Kaede and June fight. Out of the whole book that one line (or two?)..."

I doubt they'll leave out the Skiz fight. It's one I the coolest scene in the book and one of the few times you actually get to read about Junes skill. I wish there were more action scenes with her but anyways yeah I hope they don't make it like Percy Jackson

message 11: by Jazz (last edited Aug 31, 2013 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Ariana wrote:"yeah I hope they don't make it like Percy Jackson

I Second that.

Ilana right when the book went maintstream i heard that it was optioned so i think that if things go well with Divergent, then they'll probably figure out a way to green light it for production.

i agree -there's really a lot of great stuff for us to see, the contrasts from the worlds that June and Day live in that would make for a GREAT movie

message 13: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson NONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOO
YES THE BOOK SHOULD BE POPULAR
AS A BOOK
A BOOK
PAPER AND INK
THOUGHT-PROVOKING
MAKING PEOPLE IMAGINE

Why for something to be sucessful does it have to be made into a film? Why can't people just enjoy a good, well-written, 3-Dimensional, gripping story?
Oh, please.

message 14: by Amanda (last edited Sep 20, 2013 12:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Amy wrote: "NONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOO
YES THE BOOK SHOULD BE POPULAR
AS A BOOK
A BOOK
PAPER AND INK
THOUGHT-PROVOKING
MAKING PEOPLE IMAGINE

Why for something to be sucessful does it have to be made into..."

I enjoy a good, well-written, 3-Dimensional, gripping story as much as the person next to me. Legend as book is already very successful. I can't speak for everyone but I think a book you love that's being turned into movie is pretty dam cool. I just think its a whole new way of experiencing the story you fell in love with. To be able to visually see the world you saw in your head while reading right in front of you is an unexplainable feeling. Its just like with Harry Potter. Reading it was amazing but seeing everything in reality just took it to a whole new level of awesomeness. Of course I want Legend to be even more successful because I think it deserves it but I simply want to see it be made into film because I'd love to see Day and June in real life not just in my head. And I'm sure for Marie Lu it must feel really awesome. I think it would really cool to see it be a film. Seeing the Republic, the flooded cities, the grand buildings and everything would be cool.

Kaelyn I agree