Proud Of It! discussion

Members Voice > Dear World

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caitlin (CraziiCat♥) (randomroyale) | 136 comments Inspiration can come at the most random moments, whilst doing my spanish homework, I was inspired to write this.

message 2: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angeltrin1) | 17820 comments Mod
What did you write?

Caitlin (CraziiCat♥) (randomroyale) | 136 comments Dear World,

My name is Caitlin, I'm nearly 15 years old, I live in England and I'm a real person. A human, not an alien, a freak, or unatural. And yet there are people in the world that condemn the likes of me and attempt to either 'cure' us or kill us. (Yes I am talking about Adolf Hitler.) Am I a Jew? No. Am I disabled? No. Am I white? Yes. Why would he kill me, I could have been a poster girl, for one of his Ayran propaganda adverts, with the blonde hair and blue eyes. Confused? No wonder when the answer is one that only a few people know. Hitler would have killed me for being me, crazy, clever, quiet me. Did I mention that I am bisexual. Yes I'm sat on the fence (sort of speak). You may or may not have seen that coming, but hey this is me being open and honest. So before you get all judgemental, let me tell you something; as much as I've always been and accepting person who wishes for equality, I've also been there done that and got the T-shirt. The barrage of abuse and taunts never came from the mouth of some homophobic bully, but from my own conscious.
Because to be honest it took me a relatively long time to accept myself and for the first few weeks since I had realised and 'accepted' that I wasn't straight, I was in a very dark place both mentally and emotionally. Sure I had my facade when I was around other people, but as soon as I was on my own that's when my mask crumbled and I was left to deal with the fact that (potentially) I could end up having a crush on one of my friends, and the thought of that terrified me and made me hate myself.

But now I'm slowly coming round to the fact that I'm bi and have actually made some jokes, with myself (sounds lonely), about how greedy I am. Not content with one cake (guys) I want a bit of the other cake (girls), crazy analogy right. Despite this, I am yet to officially ' come out' and currently the only member of my family who knows is my 13 years old cousin, whom I am very close to and treat like a sister.

So, enough of the rambling, what I'm saying is that we are human and ' normal' and deserve the same kind of respect that heterosexuals have. So please do not judge or hate us because for some of us, at the very beginning there is no one who hates ourselves for who we are than ourself.

Thank you for listening; Caitlin

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) I kind of know how you felt. It took me a while to accept myself.

message 5: by Angelique (new)

Caitlin and Erica and Erin, I am sooo impressed that as young as you are you are you have figured out what you have. There are adults,who haven't figured themselves out! You are doing awesome!

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Thanks

message 7: by Angelique (new)

De nada!

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) ?

message 9: by Angelique (new)

Spanish for it was nothing. No I don't speak Spanish, but I am from Texas ;p

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Oh ok:) I'm trying to learn some Spanish, there is a girl in my hometown who doesn't speak English.

message 11: by Angelique (new)

Cool!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Yep! Except when her and my friends are talking at lunch (they speak Spanish) and I'm just sitting there awkwardly

message 13: by Angelique (new)

Ask then to help you, make it fun, that is how I learned the little bit of Spanish that I know, I asked a friend and he helped me!

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Cool:) Mari is trying to help me

message 15: by Angelique (new)

Awesome! Have a blast with it!

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Thanks!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Dear World,

STOP! I want to get off!!

message 18: by Angelique (new)

Oh yea, off would be good,

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

You like getting off, Angelique?:XD

message 20: by Angelique (new)

Hahaha a laugh is great this early morning!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep. Nothing like a good guffaw to start the day!

message 22: by Angelique (new)

Nah can't be that loud everyone else is still asleep, like for hours still!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Not in our house. My cat jumps on me in bed to wake me up. Then it's a little face time with Letha, my better half.

message 24: by Angelique (new)

Well ok didn't count 4 legged furry children. They wake me up also in all sorts of weird and creative ways! I have 2 cats!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My cat is more like the adult in our family.:D I woke up one morning and I thought I went blind. The cat had fallen asleep on my face.

message 26: by Angelique (new)

Hahaha yea they both love to walk all over me (literally and figuratively) when I am on my side one of them loves to climb on my hip and lay there so I can't move, it is funny but sweet!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

My cat perches on my shoulder while I'm reading. Think she's reading my book with me? "Meow, turn the page, idiot!"

Hehe

message 28: by Angelique (new)

That is beneath my 2, now comics on the other hand. He'll yea!

message 29: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 757 comments I want a cat

message 30: by Angelique (new)

I love my kitties, We have a Grey cat named Nadia, she is the queen and empress of our house! We also have a black cat named Xena who is the princess. They are both spoiled something fierce they tolerate us as pets!

message 31: by Angelique (new)

Erica, I have found that cats, well pets because I had a dog when I was a kid that did the same thing, pets seem to know when you need love or just touching. When I am really having a bad day my cats are both all over me. It is awesome!

message 32: by Angelique (new)

Oops! Well that sucks, I hope she gets more compassionate, shoot who am I trying to kid. Cats do WHAT they want, WHEN they want, HOW they want!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

@Erica

AWW..that's a shame. Sorry that happened. The more we love our pets, the harder it is to part with them. My dog and cat died during the past 3 years. Both of old age. I was heartbroken.

message 34: by Angelique (new)

I'm sorry they died also, it is so hard to lose a pet!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, thanks guys. We have a new cat now, her name is Dixie. Her pic is on my profile page. We adore her.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I call her Frisky Dixie. Hehe

We take her outside on a harness.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Then walk your mom outside on a harness.LOL

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Then put harnesses on the cops.LOL

message 39: by Angelique (new)

Yes he does, he is like that!

message 40: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Haha yes he is!

message 41: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 757 comments Oh can i join the lol yeah he is conversation lol

message 42: by Erin (new)

Erin (emm3281) Haha sure!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not a people harness person!lol

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

The world is my oyster....or the pearl inside the oyster.