The Other Mr. Darcy The Other Mr. Darcy discussion

covers with missing heads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noe (last edited Aug 30, 2013 03:10PM) (new)

Noe I am seeing more book covers with the person's head not fully showing, as if they didn't crop the picture correctly. I'm sure this is done on purpose, but I don't know why - maybe it's some kind of sales ploy, an attention grabber, or something. It doesn't do it for me, however; I don't think it looks good. What about anyone else?

message 2: by Noe (new)

Noe Suzan wrote: "Yes! It totally annoys me! In fact, it's a bit creepy. Here is another example. Find Wonder in All Things

I adore these books by the way so it's no indication of the quality within!"

hahaha, Suzan, I was beginning to think I was the only one. Thanks for commenting!

Michael Alan Grapin I hadn't really thought about it before. I'm assuming that it was intended to be artfully done, but it wouldn't be considered good portraiture as either a photograph or a painting, right? So how could it be artful? Hmmm...I did like this book, however, so I'm willing to overlook the oddity this time, but I'm not sure it would attract me to purchase another book if seen again...of course this book was a gift so it must have appealed to the giver.